ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

This team really does play pretty great defense for the most part.
The only thing I wish they would work on are some offensive sets or an offensive identity. Getting this team into a half court game means they are beatable.
Something being run to get Moore going or some quick hitters with him would be nice. We constantly play to much stand still basketball on the offensive end and let players play to much one on one. If this team gets an identity offensively I think they win it all….I’m not holding my breath though for this to change….

Reactions: sheyduke
This team really does play pretty great defense for the most part.
The only thing I wish they would work on are some offensive sets or an offensive identity. Getting this team into a half court game means they are beatable.
Something being run to get Moore going or some quick hitters with him would be nice. We constantly play to much stand still basketball on the offensive end and let players play to much one on one. If this team gets an identity offensively I think they win it all….I’m not holding my breath though for this to change….

Absolutely agree on the offensive sets, I wrote about this a week or two ago I think. Obviously we don't want every possession to be micromanaged, but a few sets designed to encourage movement (on-ball, off-ball), specific player pick-n-roll, whatever it may be. Just to offset the stagnation that pops up from time to time.

I think that would help our guys channel their better instincts and check their bad ones.

Would love to see us run Spread Offense which Brad Underwood teaches. Cutting & off ball screens galore which eventually lead into HBS. Dana Holgerson runs it as well.

Reactions: Liftee
You know more than me? Coming from the clown who first said “Duke doesn’t have a real PG” to which I replied “do you realize how many teams don’t have a pure PG?” and then you tried to (and continue to try) to shift and focus on Roach. Now you continue with an adolescent tirade of “you know you’re wrong” and “I know more than you”. You are stomping your feet in desperation, and it’s glorious.

btw if you knew more than me, why do you fail so badly on sars CoV 2? You’re pro-vaxx and pro-mask mandate aka beta male😂😘
You are dumb lol. You simply could have said, "you were right all along 2 skerz 3" but instead you double down and start making stuff up. You're a clown and a liar emoji boy.

When we play together and move the ball on offense we are a match up problem for everyone, we did that really well to start both halves, but once we get a lead we seem to fall back into the one on one iso mentality and that brings periods of no points and turnovers allowing the lead to shrink. Maybe a sign of youth and something we will eliminate with more games....this team can be deadly if we focus for 40 mins. Great bounce back win on the road.

You are dumb lol. You simply could have said, "you were right all along 2 skerz 3" but instead you double down and start making stuff up. You're a clown and a liar emoji boy.
Another subjective reply with no evidence to support. Here’s the link to my very first post, about many teams not having a true PG:

https://duke.forums.rivals.com/threads/like-i’ve-said-from-day-1.10861676/#post-11469739

And since you have the intelligence of a 5 year old, here’s the direct comment pasted:

“Do you understand the game of basketball? Seriously? You do realize not every team has a true natural PG? Yikes.”

Now go mask and jab your kids, beta 😘

Another subjective reply with no evidence to support. Here’s the link to my very first post, about many teams not having a true PG:

https://duke.forums.rivals.com/threads/like-i’ve-said-from-day-1.10861676/#post-11469739

And since you have the intelligence of a 5 year old, here’s the direct comment pasted:

“Do you understand the game of basketball? Seriously? You do realize not every team has a true natural PG? Yikes.”

Now go mask and jab your kids, beta 😘
Emoji boy, you're telling me I'm giving subjective reply's which isn't true. The fact that you don't know what "subjective" means is funny though. However, then you jump to the conclusion that I am a vaxer....Again, you just aren't real bright which makes having a legit debate very difficult. EMOJI BOY!!!!!!!

Emoji boy, you're telling me I'm giving subjective reply's which isn't true. The fact that you don't know what "subjective" means is funny though. However, then you jump to the conclusion that I am a vaxer....Again, you just aren't real bright which makes having a legit debate very difficult. EMOJI BOY!!!!!!!
Another subjective reply. Well done. Do you have anything that you can back up? Or just more “emoji boy” and “you’re so dumb” comments? Your intelligence is on full display today lol, beta 😘

subjective: based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

ouch.

Stop engaging unless you have something you can debate or refute. Go get that girl of yours vaxxed 😂

Last edited:
Another subjective reply. Well done. Do you have anything that you can back up? Or just more “emoji boy” and “you’re so dumb” comments? Your intelligence is on full display today lol, beta 😘

subjective: based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

ouch.

Stop engaging unless you have something you can debate or refute. Go get that girl of yours vaxxed 😂
Debate or refute? All you do is reply with emojis like a 13 year old girl. EMOJI BOY is how I will refer to you from here on out. #IGNORE

Debate or refute? All you do is reply with emojis like a 13 year old girl. EMOJI BOY is how I will refer to you from here on out. #IGNORE
Ignore because you’ve been owned. Thank you for playing, beta 😘

On paper the Bengals should win but they also haven't won a playoff game since 91, so there's that.

I see same ole posters giving Duke hell early on when the game is tight, disappear like a fart in the wind once they see Duke is playing well and in control.
I didn’t really see 40 minutes of ,” Well” basketball being played by Duke. I saw spurts where like previously stated Duke gets relaxed and let’s teams climb back in. It’s either play for forty minutes both ends or it’s going to catch up to them.
When Duke moves the ball and players are cutting and looking to pass , I agree Duke is damn near unbeatable but it’s like there is four half’s in two quarters with them.

Reactions: timo0402
Obviously we don't want every possession to be micromanaged, but a few sets designed to encourage movement (on-ball, off-ball), specific player pick-n-roll, whatever it may be. Just to offset the stagnation that pops up from time to time.
It's something I have been thinking for a while, and totally agree! OFC

Geeze guys, get a room already. (eyeroll)

I loved the way we finished the half with those two made threes and then carried that momentum into the second half. Previously I said I wanted AJ off the bench, but I have changed my mind. He's a starter, let Roach be our 6 man. I would love to see Moore break out of his funk on the weekend. This was a good road win without K on the bench. Great job Coach Scheyer!

Geeze guys, get a room already. (eyeroll)

I loved the way we finished the half with those two made threes and then carried that momentum into the second half. Previously I said I wanted AJ off the bench, but I have changed my mind. He's a starter, let Roach be our 6 man. I would love to see Moore break out of his funk on the weekend. This was a good road win without K on the bench. Great job Coach Scheyer!
I like the calm intensity Scheyer projects. Good win. As stated love to see more screening and motion offense

Reactions: Liftee
Yes Scheyer has a very different attitude from K. I like the way he talks to the refs with that little half smile of his. Getting his point across without embarrassing the ref.

Reactions: christophero
Very impressive road win. It's been a while since we have been up 20 on a decent ACC team. With AJ playing the way he is, if we can get Moore back to speed and Keels back from his shoulder injury we will be tough to beat.

Reactions: KDSTONE
I'd still like to see Joey and John become a viable 7-8th player. 6 is not enough. The coaches don't seem to trust Blakes although I could see him as a spot player who gives the other guards a few minutes off occasionally.

I'd still like to see Joey and John become a viable 7-8th player. 6 is not enough. The coaches don't seem to trust Blakes although I could see him as a spot player who gives the other guards a few minutes off occasionally.
Lift, I'd like to see Blakes log a few minutes of PT as well. OFC

The dribble and shoot three has a significantly lower percentage from catch and shoot across-the-board in college basketball and even in the NBA. But players are much better at it in the NBA. Catch and shoot three is a much better sure. I wish someone on the Duke staff would wake up to that. Sometimes you have to take one but these guys do it by choice waaaay too often. You really want a different shot .

Keels decision making is just out of control at times. So many mistakes. Love his hustle and heart be he has to be smarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT