ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I wish we played better team ball. Overwhelming teams with raw talent is great, but we could be friggin unstoppable if we started making the easy pass and rotating with purpose and anticipation on D. If we just keep chugging along like this, I think we’ll lose 4 more ACC games, probably win the ACC tourney, and get knocked out the dance by the first great passing team we face after the second round. Not a bad season at all, but would be underachieving with this lineup.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying. We had that one possession where we made like 5 or 6 really fast passes, and then hit Duval in the corner for the 3.....I love those kind of quick ball movement plays

Worked at the lake today but saw the game. Thought we had a solid game. Grayson still having a shooting slump but what a game he had otherwise. My only concern is allowing that 3 pointer. OFC

Worked at the lake today but saw the game. Thought we had a solid game. Grayson still having a shooting slump but what a game he had otherwise. My only concern is allowing that 3 pointer. OFC

We did give up some open 3's, but they also made some with a guy all over them. Nothing you can do about those. Sometimes guys just make good shots.
How bout AOC today!! Man, that kid is going to have some GREAT games as a Dukie!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
I wish we played better team ball. Overwhelming teams with raw talent is great, but we could be friggin unstoppable if we started making the easy pass and rotating with purpose and anticipation on D. If we just keep chugging along like this, I think we’ll lose 4 more ACC games, probably win the ACC tourney, and get knocked out the dance by the first great passing team we face after the second round. Not a bad season at all, but would be underachieving with this lineup.
I agree with you about our passing. We don't move it around too well, and if it goes inside, it's probably being shot. I know Bagley is great and all, but our team play would be better if sometimes we kicked it out. It's a good thing we have a senior who's more worried about the others than he is himself.

Last edited:
We’re going to be tough to beat when we play like today. There’s always going to be things that can happen, but they’ve stepped up the last few games. The big test is just 48 hours away.

Reactions: dbav and skysdad
I think the offense is alright. We can score 90 with our “raw” talent lol. The defense showed signs of improvement, I love our team and I like the way we play.

I get what you're saying. We had that one possession where we made like 5 or 6 really fast passes, and then hit Duval in the corner for the 3.....I love those kind of quick ball movement plays
I’m just annoyed when I can see the correct pass on a fast break from my lounger, yet the ball handler tries to go all the way himself instead. Or transition D where I can see their center charging down the middle, yet our defenders don’t react at all. It’s just simple awareness plays. It’s very easy to get our zone out of balance by just switching sides. Decent passing teams could exploit this easily. I actually think the three most “court aware” guys on our team are Alex, Justin and Jack. Our starters have great “feel” or instincts, but their court vision is limited. If Tre could start to see potential angles then dribble into that location, he’d be very dangerous. Trent is just a bomber, no passing ability at all. Grayson can be a pretty good passer when he decides in advance that he wants to. He definitely made some nice reads today.

Quinn and Tyus saw the floor from above like a video game. Tre and Grayson have tunnel vision most of the time. Both have shown flashes, so there’s hope.

I’m just annoyed when I can see the correct pass on a fast break from my lounger, yet the ball handler tries to go all the way himself instead. Or transition D where I can see their center charging down the middle, yet our defenders don’t react at all. It’s just simple awareness plays. It’s very easy to get our zone out of balance by just switching sides. Decent passing teams could exploit this easily. I actually think the three most “court aware” guys on our team are Alex, Justin and Jack. Our starters have great “feel” or instincts, but their court vision is limited. If Tre could start to see potential angles then dribble into that location, he’d be very dangerous. Trent is just a bomber, no passing ability at all. Grayson can be a pretty good passer when he decides in advance that he wants to. He definitely made some nice reads today.

Quinn and Tyus saw the floor from above like a video game. Tre and Grayson have tunnel vision most of the time. Both have shown flashes, so there’s hope.
Denver, I can buy a lot of what you just said, with the exception being Grayson. If it weren't for him, we'd be just a bunch of talented players playing pickup ball. He's doing something that's hard to do for a lot of guys, and that's willingly sitting in the back seat. As of right now, I'm not too impressed with Duval, given the hype he came in with. With Jack, Justin, and Alex, they come in with purpose of helping however they can. And they do.

It's hard to tell if it's just the easy part of the schedule or not but the bench has really given us a lift the last 2 games. Obviously AO, but Jack and Justin and Jordan are really hustling and doing EXACTLY what they need to do in their limited time. Jack seems to always be in the right place at the right time for rebounds, tips, and steals. Hopefully this can continue as it's really given the team a spark. I suppose Monday will be telling.

Reactions: hart2chesson
The bench only played 37 minutes today, which isn’t a lot. I think more guys playing overall probably gave it a different feel. I was surprised when I saw that number, to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT