ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I think there is a reason why Joe Lunardi never really got on TV much. Just saying.

The free throws. Oak man. I swear. Gonna get us at some point. It did at ND. It might in the tourney

This FT shooting will cost us a game in the tourney... Terrible. Any team worth its salt will hack-a-jah late in a tourney game.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I agree with uwg, it's really in Okafor's head. I like the defensive effort. Syracuse has missed some shots, but most have been contested and the defense has been pretty good so far.

And why is Steven A. Smith doing college ball now. I think he's awful.
This post was edited on 2/28 8:02 PM by dbav

I thought that was a fairly bad half, thankfully Cuses was worse. We are in a funk right now. I do expect a better second half.

What are we gonna do about Oaks free throws?????? I really never worried until the last 3 halves.

I thought defensively that's as good as we've been in a while....excluding Clemson. Hopefully it can continue for 20 more minutes.

As an aside, we're a really bad FT shooting team. It's a shame. And that's not something you improve with effort. As bad as we can be defensively we know there's hope there by creating some havoc....with FTs we are who we are. And it's not good.

Free throws. Killing us. And we aren't hitting the 3s. Quinn has been off and missed a couple badly.

You can say what you want about the Duke defense, but they are talking and helping tonight. A lot of movement and switching.
Our offense is fairly stagnant, but we have missed a few lob opportunities, and Tyus and Quinn need to penetrate and dish more. I think we will see more penetration in the second half.
Just hit the mute button on Stephen A. Smith (ugh), and really cannot figure out why we have to hear so much from Lunardi during the Duke game?! Takes up 1/3 of my screen. Don't really want to hear all his crap during our game! Thank god for the mute button!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

I'm always quite optimistic, usually to a fault when it comes to Duke, so I've felt that these gutsy guys will knock them down in crunch time...... That's slipping away. Oak doesn't even come close anymore, as somebody else mentioned, he will be getting hacked in the dance. Things can still swing, oak has the desire!!!

I've liked the patience we have shown on offense.
JJ, I agree bout Joe. I was ticked when he took up part of mt TV screen!

I think i heard lunardi say we'd drop to a 2 seed if we lost this game...Nova jumps ahead...looking at their schedule its not even close...thats pretty weak from a so called expert

Look, if Duke wins tonight and then the 2 games next week, Duke will be a 1 seed. ACC tourney won't matter

How many times can a team turn an ankle?

Man I hate ankles, had so many ankle injuries in my life. Side note cannot stand ankle injury replays either

Great game by Winslow. Overall, I'm really happy with how this is going. Solid defense (even if not great). Could stand to work on the FTs.

This maybe has already been touched on but why is Jefferson not playing? I figure it a matchup issue with the zone d but didn't know if there was another reason

This post was edited on 2/28 8:35 PM by Geoff4jc

I turned my ankle badly playing basketball in college. I kept playing (warrior). But man, did it swell and my ankle to this day is fatter than the other one and this was like 15 years ago,

Originally posted by hoosurdukie:
Man I hate ankles, had so many ankle injuries in my life. Side note cannot stand ankle injury replays either
I'm like that with knee injuries. I've had 3 serious ones. Can't stand to watch them.

I think Duke is using Winslow as the patented stretch 4 that they have been so successful with in the past. Winslow can drive and shoot and defend multiple positions and Amile isnt a reliable offensive weapon.

Could stand to cut down on the turnovers too.

I find it hard to believe that Grayson Allen is not on the floor with an 18 point lead. Quinn Cook back in the game limping, are you kidding me!!

JC-OFC
This post was edited on 2/28 8:46 PM by JCColsCane

It's been stated before, most of the time it's better to keep playing with a mild sprain than to sitt.
Cook's been a little off and I agree with K letting him stay in to get back in rhythm.

2 wins from a 1 seed. The game next Saturday loom large, but I think we win. The ACC tourney won't matter. Just win these next 2

Originally posted by Dukesince90:
It's been stated before, most of the time it's better to keep playing with a mild sprain than to sitt.
Cook's been a little off and I agree with K letting him stay in to get back in rhythm.
You really can't be serious? I can't wait to hear the responses if he damages this ankle and is done for an extended period of time, with an 18 point lead. Game is essentially over, and has to do great things for Allens' confidence! Wow.

JC-OFC

Originally posted by GTHC, GTH!:
2 wins from a 1 seed. The game next Saturday loom large, but I think we win. The ACC tourney won't matter. Just win these next 2
Provided we don't lose our first game in the ACCT you may be right. But UVA, Nova, and Gonzaga haven't been losing either. I think our odds for a #1 seed are better if we just win the ACCT.

Actually, yes, some sprains/strains benefit from continuing to play within the same game/activity.

Originally posted by JCColsCane:

Originally posted by Dukesince90:
You really can't be serious? I can't wait to hear the responses if he damages this ankle and is done for an extended period of time, with an 18 point lead. Game is essentially over, and has to do great things for Allens' confidence! Wow.

JC-OFC
You got your wish, though generally I defer to the coach with 1,000 wins and the training staff that works at a place with arguably the best medical school in the country.

Solid defensive effort. Kept them below 60. Take that KenPom, haha.

Cuse scored 9 points in the first 4.5 minutes so yes, I was concerned with the start. Was the OVERALL defensive effort better? Certainly.

I don't care how much end of game playing time you give Allen, it's not going to improve his confidence at this time in the season. We will see a big jump in Allen's confidence and playing time next year. K and medical staff know exactly what they're doing!

Originally posted by dbav:

You got your wish, though generally I defer to the coach with 1,000 wins and the training staff that works at a place with arguably the best medical school in the country.
No, I didn't get my wish, and the statement above is getting old. Seems like that is all some of you know how to say. It's actually getting pretty pathetic hearing it.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

^ I don't think Allen is lacking in confidence and with his ankle issue, he needs to be monitored as well. I think he will be will come up big in a game down the stretch run. I do believe you are correct though, he is going get some run next season from the jump.

No, I didn't get my wish, and the statement above is getting old. Seems like that is all some of you know how to say. It's actually getting pretty pathetic hearing it.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC
Then leave if it's pathetic. It would solve the problem for you.

Originally posted by denniden:

^ I don't think Allen is lacking in confidence and with his ankle issue, he needs to be monitored as well. I think he will be will come up big in a game down the stretch run. I do believe you are correct though, he is going get some run next season from the jump.
I didn't think Allen was still having an issue with his ankle. Has anybody heard anything? I didn't see it posted anywhere since he turned it the other game.
Don't know why we keep having these ankle and foot problems!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Pleased with our overall play tonight with the exception of our free throw shooting and I not sure it can be fixed at this point. Good win and let's send our seniors away with an impressive win with Wake. OFC

Originally posted by denniden:

I didn't think Allen was still having an issue with his ankle. Has anybody heard anything? I didn't see it posted anywhere since he turned it the other game.
Don't know why we keep having these ankle and foot problems!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC
Duke doesn't typically say too much about injuries. Unless the player is not able to go, then you will usually get an explanation of sorts. He is still dinged up a bit.

Originally posted by skysdad:
Pleased with our overall play tonight with the exception of our free throw shooting and I not sure it can be fixed at this point. Good win and let's send our seniors away with an impressive win with Wake. OFC
Definitely played well, especially on "D". You could tell there was a lot of communication and the switching was the best it's been in while.
Hard to believe that Wednesday is going to be Quinn's last game in Cameron, that will be hard to take. He has been one of my favorites since he came here.
As for the FT's, it doesn't paint a pretty picture! You can see the pressure building in Okafor when he goes to the line. I have hopes that he may come out of it come Tournament time?!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT