ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
This is an interesting game to me because of the way Cuse plays. I know we ultimately handled them at the Carrier Dome, but we have a tendency to play to our competition at times.

If Duke is hitting shots this won't be an issue because Syracuse struggles to scores...If we don't hit shots early, it could be nip and tuck the whole way.

Game is slated for a 7pm est. start and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 66

Syracuse 57

GO DUKE!

I have a feeling that this will be closer than we think, or it probably it should. IMO, it's pretty hard to convince a young team like ours that Syracuse can beat them in Cameron after pulling out a road win at Syracuse where they controlled most of the second half. I think we'll end up winning b/c Syracuse doesn't quite have enough offense punch to keep up with his for 40 minutes, but I bet they give us a fight. I'm guessing something along the order of 75 to 68.

This post was edited on 2/28 10:05 AM by aah555

Duke returns home. Sloppy defense in the last game and I'm sure they will come out with some intensity at home and being yelled at for the last couple of days. Duke is better than Syracuse and should win this fairly easily.

Duke 81

Syracuse 65

If we start out hitting some shots we could win going away, but if we aren't hitting we could be in for a battle. I hope our defense is better tonight than at VT! Duke by a dozen! GO DUKE!!!

OFC

I think this game is close.

Duke 77
Syracuse 74

I too believe this will be a tough game. Syracuse is pretty dang good. The last game Christmas didn't play very well (Duke did a good job defending) and limited him to 11 points on 5 of 17 shooting. I'm not sure we'll see a repeat performance.

Duke 76
Syracuse 73

OFC

Syracuse is playing their best ball of the year, they want this one real bad, and they have a great Coach. I would be shocked to see another performance like VT, and don't believe we will. Duke wins a tight one.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Boeheim keeps his jacket on and we win by eight.

Dukies 71
Cuse 63

OFC

Already picked Duke in previous post, but wanted to add that I believe 5* Jayson Tatum will be in the house tonight!! Hope the Crazies are aware and give him a rousing welcome!!! Come on down, Jayson Tatum!!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Could Okafor be the guy who catches the ball at the free throw line and attacks the rim? Could he hit the 10-15 jump shot?

Duke will take care of business on their home court. No way they slip now after that close call against Va Tech. OFC

Duke 78
Syracuse 69

Originally posted by adm015:
Could Okafor be the guy who catches the ball at the free throw line and attacks the rim? Could he hit the 10-15 jump shot?
i think winslow has to be that guy, much like hood was last year when we played them. get somebody in there that can hit the shot and create if needed.

I'm going to this one guys! First one of the season. Super excited. On my way there now.

Originally posted by 2004Audi:

Originally posted by adm015:
i think winslow has to be that guy, much like hood was last year when we played them. get somebody in there that can hit the shot and create if needed.
Or Jefferson driving from there. We haven't seen Okafor shoot many jumpers, but I certainly think he could make 10-15 footers from the top of the key. However, it's not something you necessarily want him taking b/c (i) he's probably not better than a 50% shooter out there; and (ii) when he's taking a jumper from 10-15, that means he's not in position to rebound. Our odds of scoring from that position with Winslow, for instance, shooting and Okafor rebounding is a lot better than Okafor shooting and Winslow trying to rebound.

Duke 76
Cuse 70

It could be a much larger margin if K decides to rest Jahlil more, remember we're much better not playing him many minutes. LOL

Dukes D starting out where it did last game - non-existent.

I have gone all year thinking that this team would cruise to the Elite 8, but I don't feel that way any longer. This team is pretty bad defensively.

I really hate espn and their watch espn crap. I'm waiting to watch the game because this stupid game is wrapping up…if I didn't know any better, I'd say espn has to take all their cameras from this game and move them to the Duke game.

I hate you espn, I hate you.

GTHESPN, GTH!!!!

Ok, ranting over, thanks for listening.

They are on ESPNews until this game ends.

Found it. For a while it wasn't showing up for me, sorry I get really frustrated with this thing sometimes (as you can tell).

Is it just me or does it seem like that almost everytime there's a game before our game it seems to run over regardless of what time our game is scheduled for, causing the beginning of our games to be either moved to another channel or missed all together like Wednesday night's game where the game was down to 3 minutes left in the first half before tv coverage started

This post was edited on 2/28 7:28 PM by DiehardDukeFan4Life

Terrible start for Duke. Plumlee with 2 cheap fouls. Need more patience and ball movement on offense. I look for Grayson to hit some threes.

The defense hasn't been terrible....at least we're being disruptive and creating opportunities. Our offense has stunk but it's encouraging our defense has made some plays.

I think it's a rough start offensively. We've only allowed 13 points in 10 minutes.

Okafor is in a total funk at the line. Its all in his head at this point. I hope he can relax and improve.

If that lob came off it would have brought the house down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT