ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I'm still shell shocked. I admit I got really frustrated and said it was over with about 2 minutes to go and changed the channel for a bit and then curiosity got the best of me and I turned back at about the .45 second mark to see we were only down by 3. Really happy with the W but would have been way less stressed without going into OT.

I am a grateful and worn out man. I feel like I played 45 minutes myself. Tyus really saved us tonight. I knew I wouldn't sleep if we lost tonight and I don't think I can sleep now even when we won. Hats off to HOF Coach Roy Williams and the Tar Heels. They had us on the ropes. We were just fortunate that UNC couldn't hit free throws either. we really need to get a lot better with that. Sometimes the basketball gods smile upon you and you pull out a win like we did tonight. Coach K. really did a great job in the fact that he didn't let our guys give up when things weren't going well. One more note. What a wonderful moment when the moment of silence was held in honor of Coach Dean Smith. I wish all could see HOF Coach Roy Williams ans Coach K standing with bowed heads and arms over each ones shoulders along with the players. Very moving and brought two great programs together. Special moment. Good night to all. I'm going to try to get some sleep. OFC

I am just trying to come clean here fellows.
smile.r191677.gif
Below is what I typed and never posted. I was just hoping there was a glimmer of hope when we were down by about 8. That glimmer turned into reality

I never posted it and needless to say I am glad I didn't but I would like to share.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"UNC has just outplayed us and we forgot there are two halves in a game. Plain and simple and Ol Roy wins round one.

I told you guys you had no business making fun of of what potential excuses UNC would have after the game. Just like you never belittle a competitor in front of a customer you never ever, ever make fun of the opposing team until AFTER you beat them. This loss is just self imposed bad karma by DI fans. I am just ashamed of us. Sorry to all but I am somewhat pissed off."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now back to real time, let the fun begin and all that stuff.

Games like this is why Duke/UNC is the best rivalry in college basketball. Hell of a game but dang my nerves are shot. GO DUKE!!!

Originally posted by germantondevil:

Originally posted by Devilicious:
I'm getting too old for this...geez.
That's the truth. I have been battling through these games for over 40 years now.
Suck it up you old guys! I feel great...I'm wired!!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

OFC

Originally posted by OldasdirtDevil:

That's the truth. I have been battling through these games for over 40 years now.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

OFC
yeah licious, suck it....up. you old devil you. great game, but that is what it is always. congrats on tha w.
ohwell.r191677.gif

Originally posted by stanleyduke:
There's some fight in this team that we haven't seen in a few seasons.
I agree.

Originally posted by tilador:

3dgrin.r191677.gif

OFC
yeah licious, suck it....up. you old devil you. great game, but that is what it is always. congrats on tha w.
ohwell.r191677.gif
Tilador!!! What's up old friend? Hell of a game there. I thought UNC's frontcourt was really great. I think UNC is missing another shooter outside of Paige.

OFC

So am I and I have to work tomorrow and I can't even think about going to bed. . Plus there's a UNC fan in our bed and I'm pretty sure he's not in a good mood right now.

Originally posted by bluedevilfan42:

OFC

So am I and I have to work tomorrow and I can't even think about going to bed. . Plus there's a UNC fan in our bed and I'm pretty sure he's not in a good mood right now.
I feel for you Bluedevilfan...but better him than you!
happy.r191677.gif

OFC

Originally posted by bluedevilfan42:
I'm still shell shocked. I admit I got really frustrated and said it was over with about 2 minutes to go and changed the channel for a bit and then curiosity got the best of me and I turned back at about the .45 second mark to see we were only down by 3. Really happy with the W but would have been way less stressed without going into OT.
Hey ole' buddy, I learned years ago that you never, ever, turn the channel when Duke is behind and there is time left on the clock!!! Now you know, you have to beat Duke into the ground until the clock reads all 00:00. Here endeth the lesson!!!
Go Duke!!!!

JC-OFC

Originally posted by tilador:

3dgrin.r191677.gif

OFC
ohwell.r191677.gif
Tilador!!! What's up old friend? Hell of a game there. I thought UNC's frontcourt was really great. I think UNC is missing another shooter outside of Paige.
it was one of the classic games! not much these days, semi retired, as in ageism has reared its ugly head. so just watching a lot of ball and gardening. not posting much these days, just keep hoping someone knocks off uk. so, what's with you these days?

ESPN keeps showing the 44-44 graphic. That's nice an' all but let's talk relevance. Since 1999 , Duke has doubled up unx...26-13. Duke's won 9 of the last 12. Duke's won 10 of the last 16 THERE. Roy's upside down too. 10 and 14 vs K.Some great games in the series , no doubt , but one team has definitely been winning the vast majority of the games. Jus' sayin.'

Originally posted by DevilDJ:
ESPN keeps showing the 44-44 graphic. That's nice an' all but let's talk relevance. Since 1999 , Duke has doubled up unx...26-13. Duke's won 9 of the last 12. Duke's won 10 of the last 16 THERE. Roy's upside down too. 10 and 14 vs K.Some great games in the series , no doubt , but one team has definitely been winning the vast majority of the games. Jus' sayin.'
I recognize and drink to celebrate. But realize our GOAT is on his last legs too.......

I turned it off at 79-72 UNC since I was frustrated (and I have a medical procedure today). Wow!!! I am shocked to see the final score!!!

Originally posted by Crank_it_loud:
I turned it off at 79-72 UNC since I was frustrated (and I have a medical procedure today). Wow!!! I am shocked to see the final score!!!
Please get better brother. Many more battles to fight. P.S. never doubt Coach K......the players seem to have finally figured that out.

Thanks man, appreciate it. I couldn't eat all day yesterday so I felt crappy already and was burning too much energy just watching most of regulation!! Here's to finishing the season strong!

wow, what a comeback. can't wait to watch it again!

didn't like the fact that K didn't sub a little more in the second half. think the fresh legs would have helped.

but the maturation and growth of thus jones. it's amazing. K has indeed worked his majic on him.

great game for our guards.

Originally posted by madrussian:
wow, what a comeback. can't wait to watch it again!

didn't like the fact that K didn't sub a little more in the second half. think the fresh legs would have helped.

but the maturation and growth of thus jones. it's amazing. K has indeed worked his majic on him.

great game for our guards.
Agree with this 100%. In a way, as long as we still can win, I'd like Okafor to sit out Saturday just to 1) ensure he is 100% for March. 2) Get Marshall some time to prove to K he can be trusted. I think there is something to be said that K played Okafor a ton in the second half to ensure his ankle didn't blow up and get cold sitting on the bench, but still.

As the schedule gives a bit of a breather, hopefully Duke can stretch out some big leads and lets the bench and K gain confidence in themselves. We aren't deep with all of them playing, but if K doesn't trust Marshall or Grayson in big games, then we're crazy, crazy thin.

With all of that said, I'm looking for an IV of coffee today as I couldn't get myself to bed last night after that win. So proud of the boys fight. Sitting here in -9 temps in Minnesota sucks, but cheering on Apple Valley's own Tyus makes it more bearable. Kid is too good, and I mean "too good" since these marquee matchups draw NBA scouts and his stock is rising!

Just an FYI here, and I don't know if it will be shown country wide or not, but ESPNU is airing the Duke-Carolina game at 1 p.m. EST today.
Will be nice to kick back, relax, and enjoy the game without multiple Heart attacks!!
Go Duke!!!

JC-OFC

Originally posted by DevilDJ:
I knew our record was good but not that one sided. 10 of 16 at Smith Center =
evilgrin0007.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT