ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
It's been a while since I've been this excited about a non-Tar Hole, non-NCAA tournament game. 2015 vs Wisconsin, maybe?

Regardless, this team is exciting - special. I know it's strange to say, and I hate hyping up a team too much, this early on....BUT.....sometimes you can just tell. And early indications with this team; you can tell. We have "IT".

Tonight - only the sixth time Duke has faced off as a #1 vs the #2 team in the country and we're 3-2 in those games. This Michigan State team is very, VERY good. Miles Bridges is a stud and passed up a likely lottery pick to return to Michigan State for his sophomore year. That's almost unheard of with the current landscape of college basketball - and what a boost for the incredibly well-coached Spartans. Jaren Jackson Jr. is an elite big and a McDonald's All-American. MSU has experience, talent, size and speed. Tonight will be a battle, no doubt.

But personally, I don't care. Tonight is an opportunity for Duke to completely erase any questions who the top team in the country is. We're significantly younger than Michigan State, but we sport more talent. We can match its size and speed. But talent, defense and hard work wins games - just pure "want" wings games. They can match us and we can match them in a battle of intangibles. But talent. This team has that. I firmly believe tonight will be our statement game.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 7pm est. and will air on ESPN HD. I can't wait - it's going to be a long day at work!

Duke 74

Michigan State 67

My gut feeling is that we'll win. As K-ville said, this team seems to have 'it'. Should be a great college basketball game. I'm pumped, and ready to roll. Go Duke!

Duke 82
MSU 78

OFC

Allen & Carter led us to a big win! Duke by a half dozen! GO DUKE!!!
OFC

I just think we’re the better team period. I think it’ll be close throughout and we pull away at the end.

Duke 83
Sparty 74

Reactions: pisgah101
Some people say this game doesn't matter. Keep telling yourself that until you believe it. Like K-vile said, gonna be a long day at work. Don't get killed by Bridges and win battle on the boards. In the end I think Duke shows it has too many weapons.
86-78

It’s game day! Duke is young, but damn they are talented. Carter, Bagley, and Allen show up big time. I also think Trent will have a heck of a game also. Duke wins this one.

Duke: 81
Michigan State: 74

Let’s go Duke!!

Reactions: pisgah101
I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling Michigan States experience will get us tonight. The free throw line is going to be the key. If we can knock down shots from the free throw line we will win. Either way, I am very excited for the game and this is a great chance for this team to grow and get some experience.
Michigan State 81
Duke 75

First prediction-I’ll be drunk for this.

Second, one thing about Grayson is we have seen several early season big games the past two years, the Champions Classic especially, where he didn’t shoot well. Like 1-10 stuff. If he can not force it and trust the youngsters, we can win this game.

Duke 88
MSU 79

I think this game will show is the Fr are big game players. Just from looking at line ups and players the game is pretty even. I think Duke is right there, but my concern is making free throws down the line, foul trouble and making shots. Although I'm rather excited, I'm hesitant to say Duke wins so I'll say MSU by 3.

nervous.jpg

Today is a good day to be dukiejay. Mother Nature has afforded us a 50-degree day in November, so I’m getting in one final round of golf in before Florida next month. On top of that, tonight is Duke-MSU and the ‘official’ start of the college basketball season...for me, anyway. I’m excited.

But to the game. I feel like this is a statement game early in their careers for the freshmen, and I feel as though we’ll get enough stops down the wire and find a way to win.

Duke 83
MSU 76

Reactions: dukehokie
Duke’s guards are ahead of MSU’s, it is what it is. When two teams are so even, the team with an advantage usually wins out. Duke has a decent advantage. Tight early, Duke wins with some Trent and Allen free throws.

Duke - 82
MSU - 75

Reactions: QC Dukie
I give a slight edge to MSU at the moment. Hope I'm wrong. I just want to see a lot of fight and a close game if we do lose.

I really like the intensity of this young Duke team. They clearly are influenced by Grayson's attitude.

If they stay out of foul trouble, I think Duke will win this game. If not, it will be a great incentive to keep working hard to get better.

I'm going with 72-69, Duke. Grayson wins it at the foul line in the last minute.

This! After tonight everyone will be talking about Duke and will be ready to put our name on the trophy..

Duke-92
MSU-74
Pisgah, if Duke does win by a large margin, that sound you will hear all across the land would be every talking head's jaw hit the floor and every coach going "Oh Sh*%!!!"

Lots of hype about Duke right now. Tonight will tell us if these guys are for real. I can't wait; should be an awesome game!

Duke 81
MSU 79

It's like Xmas morning for me and very hard to concentrate on work.
Win or Lose, this game won't matter much in the overall picture. However, it's a great early season test to see where this team stands to date.
Those kids are going to learn a lot about what it means to play at the highest level tonight. I can't wait to see how they handle it all.

LET'S GO DUKE, LET'S GO DUKE!!!

This game is giving me flashbacks to that first game against Wisconsin during the '14-'15 season. My gut is telling me MSU's experience will give them the edge - but I said that 3 years ago and Duke came through in style!

The key is going to be poise. Grayson has a huge opportunity to set the tone and show who he is as a leader. Win or lose, we're going to learn a lot about where our team is right now.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT