ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Yes. Racial, not racist, per se. They're completely different players... yet they get compared to each other for SOME reason.

Maybe the "SOME reason" is both are outstanding 2 guards who shoot the 3 remarkably well? They both are go to players in the clutch. No wait, that couldnt possibly be it.....My bad....o_O

Reactions: pisgah101
Maybe the "SOME reason" is both are outstanding 2 guards who shoot the 3 remarkably well? They both are go to players in the clutch. No wait, that couldnt possibly be it.....My bad....o_O
JJ was nowhere near as high-flying. Grayson isn't quite the shooter JJ was. A better comparison for JJ is Seth Curry or Trajan. A better comparison for Grayson is Johnny Dawkins.

You seem a little defensive over the notion that players tend to get compared to other players of the same race very, very consistently.

You also seem to accept entirely the idea that Duke's White players get hated more by opposing fans b/c they don't have privilege.

An innocent comparision and you're trying to stir the pot based on RACE? No way....OFC
I think the objection was to a post that specified taking one of them over the other all-day, somewhat of a disservice to the other guy. He mentioned race almost as an afterthought, and not in a derogatory way.

You sure latched onto it, though...

I think the objection was to a post that specified taking one of them over the other all-day, somewhat of a disservice to the other guy. He mentioned race almost as an afterthought, and not in a derogatory way.

You sure latched onto it, though...

You're such a trip....You cant go A DAY without "latching" onto race....
#AllPlayersMatter

OFC

I never want to make the decision between Grayson and J.J. I love both equally.

(I do happen to think J.J. was/is the better player, though.)

I never want to make the decision between Grayson and J.J. I love both equally.

(I do happen to think J.J. was/is the better player, though.)

Understandbly difficult. I prefer G because I simply see him as more Laettneresque in terms of ability in overall phases...I suppose we will have an even better analysis at the end of this year....OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
How do we manage to take something like last nights game, which was very exciting for all of us, and gives us all a lot of confidence on how good this team can be based on how great they look right now, and turn it into something negative with all this race argument, name calling, and fighting like fans from opposite fan bases? We should be celebrating....yall are killing my vibe!!! We got something really special here!!

Reactions: dbav
How do we manage to take something like last nights game, which was very exciting for all of us, and gives us all a lot of confidence on how good this team can be based on how great they look right now, and turn it into something negative with all this race argument, name calling, and fighting like fans from opposite fan bases? We should be celebrating....yall are killing my vibe!!! We got something really special here!!

Preach brother...OFC

[QUOTE="DukefanKY, post: 11217807, member: 33226"....yall are killing my vibe!!! We got something really special here!![/QUOTE]

"Killing me softly w/this vibe, killing Izzo softly w/Grayson w/his daggers!!!!" OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
[QUOTE="DukefanKY, post: 11217807, member: 33226"....yall are killing my vibe!!! We got something really special here!!

"Killing me softly w/this vibe, killing Izzo softly w/Grayson w/his daggers!!!!" OFC[/QUOTE]

Put the bottle down dude!!
Oh what the hell.....go on and have fun!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
"Killing me softly w/this vibe, killing Izzo softly w/Grayson w/his daggers!!!!" OFC

Put the bottle down dude!!
Oh what the hell.....go on and have fun!![/QUOTE]

Rum and Coke....or as ol Roy would say "Coker Coler!"
#RoyKnew
#RoyCalledEarlLastNite

OFC

Reactions: DukefanKY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT