ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

As I've said all along, I wouldn't be shocked to see either team win this, but I think it's very tight for whoever takes it.

Duke 78
MSU. 75

I hope this game is like the last time a #1 Duke team played the #2 Texas team, that was an all right game. Hope Grayson has a Redick moment.
I was thinking the exact same thing over the past few days. What a statement that game was. I think that if our guys are comfortable and not overwhelmed by venue/build up, we win smoothly.

We have more talent, i think we are tougher. Nothing would truly shock me but im going...

Duke-83
MSU- 79

1 of 2 things are going to happen, 1) Close game with either team winning or 2) Duke is going to blow Michigan State out. I do not see Michigan State blowing Duke out.

nervous.jpg
swtn.gif

This game is giving me flashbacks to that first game against Wisconsin during the '14-'15 season. My gut is telling me MSU's experience will give them the edge - but I said that 3 years ago and Duke came through in style!

The key is going to be poise. Grayson has a huge opportunity to set the tone and show who he is as a leader. Win or lose, we're going to learn a lot about where our team is right now.

It must be getting serious, we've got a 'Neners' sighting!:D Glad to see you back and posting.

Now, let's kick some azz Duke!

OFC

We need Bagley to hit free throws tonight.
We need Carter and DeLaurier to hit their free throws as well. Carter is only shooting 50% and DeLaurier is only shooting 37.5% to go along with Bagley shooting 22.2%. It also wouldn’t hurt for Vrankovic to improve his free throw shooting a little bit although he’s shooting a respectable 61.5%.

My main concern is Bagley or Carter getting in foul trouble. Compounding that is the fact that their bigs are good from the FT line. If we can just play even in the front court, I feel our guards will easily outscore theirs.

On a side note. I hope Kansas beats uk by half a hundred after we take care of sparty.

I'm with you....
I believe we win by about 3, and Kansas wins by 12-15....maybe more. I really could see that game getting ugly. I will be shocked if uk stays within single digits.....shocked.

Man , Bagley could average nearly 30 ppg if he'd hit his FT's.

Bagley may possibly step up and hit some big FT's when game is on the line. Thats way some players are. I dont like the prospects of "Hack-A-Bag." OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Early season showdown, let's do it! Very slight experience advantage to their young team over our young team. Talent to us, so I believe the key will be whether we can stay out of foul trouble and knock down our FT's. All fixable as the season progresses, so no matter how it turns out tonight, we will be the stronger team come March/April, and that is when it will really count!
I never pick against the Devils, so I think Duke wins a close one.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
4 kids who have been all the way to the dance versus 4 kids who have played 2 college games?

Duke with the Equality warm up shirts again. I really wish they sold those.

Reactions: jrtplaya
Just think if your nickname was naners instead of neners then we could call you "nanner puddin.":D OFC

I tell you what: if we win #6 this year, I'll change my name and you guys can go nuts with the "nanner" puns :cool:

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT