ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

My wife made me wash the hardwoods when we got down 13, I didn't get to watch the come back, sooooo.... I'm pretty sure they don't play well unless I'm being tortured with ill time chores. I just got dealt a bum superstition hand!

My heart can’t take these games

Regular season games are one thing. Imagine what this is going to be like come NCAA tourney time when there isn’t a next game. Great games by Trent, Carter and Duval. Was an ugly game for Bagley and Grayson needs to wake the **** up. I’m almost to the point of having him come off the bench because any other player on the court outside of Bagley (who doesn’t have near the sloppy play) gets yanked. If you won’t hold the Sr accountable then it’s hard to hold a bunch of FR and SOs accountable.

Regular season games are one thing. Imagine what this is going to be like come NCAA tourney time when there isn’t a next game. Great games by Trent, Carter and Duval. Was an ugly game for Bagley and Grayson needs to wake the **** up. I’m almost to the point of having him come off the bench because any other player on the court outside of Bagley (who doesn’t have near the sloppy play) gets yanked. If you won’t hold the Sr accountable then it’s hard to hold a bunch of FR and SOs accountable.

When he’s forcing it yes. I can live with the rhythm 3’s they will start to fall I’m sure of it. At the end of the day he’s still out there making plays and scrapping, something we can’t live without IMO. But I still agree there’s a bit too many forced things happening too. Those need to be corrected, we don’t need as much offensively from him.

We played like Duke of old the last 6 minutes or so. If we can just play like that for 30 to 35 minutes we will be special.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like when we play UNC. My blood pressure will be through the roof. It’s already through the roof on a normal day.

If we can just settle down a little and make a few shots, and get a few stops we'll be in it. Miami will tighten up a little if we can just hang in there and get it closer.

OFC

You called it dirt and they heard you. You didn't give up. All I could do during that time was try to get my heart out of my throat. OFC

You called it dirt and they heard you. You didn't give up. All I could do during that time was try to get my heart out of my throat. OFC

I just try to stay optimistic, Sky. And this team makes mistakes, but it's shown it has heart, and keeps on fighting. That's all you can really ask for.

The only time I'm not optimistic about a team is when it's the Vikings...they've just worn me down over the last 50+ years with some of the things that have happened. But now, I'm even hopeful for them.:)

OFC

The talent we have on this team is only rivaled by the 2001 national champions and ‘99 runner ups. The problem is they’re mostly freshmen. I love this team, but they are the most inconsistent I’ve ever seen from a Coach K team. We have ALL the tools. Which means I will stay completely optimistic. Slowly but surely, these guys are realizing the rigors of college ball. Hopefully they learn, and learn quicker!

It is truly amazing how talented we are. Doing this with Grayson struggling with his shot for the last few games and Bagley having an off game (by his standards) is something else. I hope everyone appreciates the job Grayson does. He has the second hardest job on the team, behind only K. If he can find that swag, watch out. His shot is "the only" thing he's not doing well.
Carter was a monster the whole game. Up until Trent hit that 3 when we were down 13, I wanted him and Duval on the bench, I thought both were playing aau ball for a while. Trent was a man the last 10-12 minutes of the game though, and Duval went from chump to champ.
Heaven help the rest of the country if Grayson can find his stroke, but he's one hell of a leader. Anyone who doesn't think so doesn't know the difference between basketball and bowling.

I just finished watching the game. Wow! And I wanted to shut it off midway through the second half. I’m glad I hung in there.

Some observations....

-We have some really, really bad fans on this board. I read this whole thread. A few of you are downright embarrassing and I wish you’d never post again. And they know who they are...most disappeared late. I’ll stop now.

-Grayson is struggling with his shot. Those who think he should go to the bench or isn’t helping....well, you’re not smart. He’s going to find it.

-Free throws are a major concern. We’re a bad free throw shooting team. We’re going to have nights where we make a high percentage because all the guys are capable, but we’re going to have more like tonight, too. I have a feeling prayer is going to be a go-to for many of us during games the next three months.

-We were incredibly sloppy for 30 minutes. Probably as sloppy as I’ve seen in years. We had 20 turnovers in 30 minutes. And so many careless ones, too. Then we played great. I was going to ask @QC Dukie to borrow his defibrillator, but it sounds like he might have burned through the warranty already. Shucks.

-This is a big win for this young team. Three of the next four are at home. Take care of business with Pitt this Saturday and next Tuesday at Wake. Then we welcome Virginia and ND.

-As hard as it might be sometimes, enjoy this group. It isn’t always pretty, but it looks better than it did just nine days ago.

-Lastly, SKOL Vikings!!!!

-We have some really, really bad fans on this board. I read this whole thread. A few of you are downright embarrassing and I wish you’d never post again. And they know who they are...most disappeared late. I’ll stop now.

Observation of the week. I've never seen this many absolute crybabies in game threads in my life, I can't even post in them anymore it's so stupid. How bout posting something positive when we win moron, don't just show up and throw in the towel when things look tough.

We can do it man. If Clemson, Ga Tech, and New Mexico State can beat them, we can too. Won't be easy I don't think, but if we play well, we can do it. And the New Mexico State game was at Miami.
They average 73 per game. If we hold them to that, I think they are beat.

Well, We didn't hold them to the 73.....We let them get 75!!

It's probably on here earlier....I didn't read all 11 pages and I refuse to follow during the game, I'm negative enough in my own head I don't need help. But Grayson's steal and dunk was the winner for me.

My wife made me wash the hardwoods when we got down 13, I didn't get to watch the come back, sooooo.... I'm pretty sure they don't play well unless I'm being tortured with ill time chores. I just got dealt a bum superstition hand!

Jnood I got some chores you can do if your wife runs out of ideas. I'm sure other posters could find some as well.

Reactions: Jnood and timo0402
I still believe Grayson needed some bench time. There is nobody that appreciates the warrior he is more thsn me, but he’s still above a little reset. A few of those turnovers simply CANNOT come from our sr captain. Missed shots don’t bother me a bit, but forced shots and completely careless turnover are KILLERS.

As I said in the thread, it seems we need to find a way to get him some easy stuff early. That seems to give him a little extra juice.

Hell of a win. Wendell might just be one of the most under appreciated beast I ever recall. Starting to be nobody I trust more. He is front and center of every singe come back we have mounted this young season.

Can’t say enough good about any one of them that last 8. Need to figure out how to play that way from the tip. I’d love to see the +/- on our zone vs man on the season. And I’m not suggesting it’s staggering one way or the other, I’m just curious.

Last edited:
I just finished watching the game. Wow! And I wanted to shut it off midway through the second half. I’m glad I hung in there.

Some observations....

-Grayson is struggling with his shot. Those who think he should go to the bench or isn’t helping....well, you’re not smart. He’s going to find it.

-Free throws are a major concern. We’re a bad free throw shooting team. We’re going to have nights where we make a high percentage because all the guys are capable, but we’re going to have more like tonight, too. I have a feeling prayer is going to be a go-to for many of us during games the next three months.

-We were incredibly sloppy for 30 minutes. Probably as sloppy as I’ve seen in years. We had 20 turnovers in 30 minutes. And so many careless ones, too. Then we played great. I was going to ask @QC Dukie to borrow his defibrillator, but it sounds like he might have burned through the warranty already. Shucks.

-This is a big win for this young team. Three of the next four are at home. Take care of business with Pitt this Saturday and next Tuesday at Wake. Then we welcome Virginia and ND.

-As hard as it might be sometimes, enjoy this group. It isn’t always pretty, but it looks better than it did just nine days ago.

-Lastly, SKOL Vikings!!!!
If Grayson doesn’t make his 2015 Natty play diving on the ground and playing balls to the wall....we lose this game. He is solidifying his spot as one of the greats.

I disagree with the bench Grayson idea. He may not be scoring but at least he's not letting it affect his game. Remember, we've had players in the past, including Grayson, who if they weren't scoring, they weren't impacting the game in other facets as well. Grayson was diving on the floor, pointing out guys for others guys on defense and still encouraging our young guys.

His intangibles are still important. Him scoring 10-12 points would give us more breathing room in games, but he is VERY important to the team.

Last edited:
Grayson had some really boneheaded mistakes. Hate to see it from the Senior. Having said that, unlike the NC State game, he never let missed shots or a few bad plays deter him. His shot will come back, he’s in a slump, shooters shoot out of it and he’s way too good of a shooter to be cold too much longer. I thought a lot of them had chances to go in. Grayson had the two plays of the night in my opinion that were just pure heart- the steak and recover to assist the buzzer beater at the end of the first half and the steal and dunk.

Reactions: Quavarius
Don’t you know by now don’t cry untill the clock hits 0:00 with duke!!! Haha I fell asleep at halftime. Between bagley still being a little greedy with an off for him game, and Grayson’s struggles, with 2 bigs hurt, our d not developed, a tourney Miami team on the road, by tourney time we’ll be just fine and scary.(er)

Observation of the week. I've never seen this many absolute crybabies in game threads in my life, I can't even post in them anymore it's so stupid. How bout posting something positive when we win moron, don't just show up and throw in the towel when things look tough.
Amen Show. I’ve never seen so many fair weather fans in my life. So many downer Dans posting in the game thread while we’re losing. Most of them go away when we come back. My God. Cheer for the team through the bad times. I promise it makes the good times more enjoyable.

Don’t you know by now don’t cry untill the clock hits 0:00 with duke!!! Haha I fell asleep at halftime. Between bagley still being a little greedy with an off for him game, and Grayson’s struggles, with 2 bigs hurt, our d not developed, a tourney Miami team on the road, by tourney time we’ll be just fine and scary.(er)
Big time Duke fan falling asleep at halftime of a huge ACC game.

Do whatever is necessary.

Reactions: Jnood
Shoulder???
Yes, shoulder injury. He dislocated it and popped it back in. If you saw the play from the baseline camera it was kind of a dirty play in my opinion, you could see him grab the shoulder first then then his hand. ESPN reported that it was a shoulder injury and also that he popped it back in himself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT