ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LAFAYETTE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Well, I'm hopeful the garbage from earlier this week is behind us. If our play Tuesday night against G-W is any indication, it's in the rear view mirror.

It can be, at times, tough to gauge where you're at as a team early in the season against low major division one teams. But Tuesday, at least for me, was the first game that we "passed the eye test" since the opener against Kentucky. Our one glaring inadequacy coming in was perimeter shooting, and hopefully the 10-22 night is an early indication of what's to come - although I'm sure we'll have some good and bad games along the way, as we build towards more consistency once conference play hits.

On paper, Lafayette appears to be our weakest opponent to date. Members of the Patriot League, the Leopards come into tonight's match-up 0-3 with losses to Syracuse in its opener and then a couple of Ivy League schools in Cornell and Penn.

At the time of this post, no spread is available but I'm going to guess this one will be up around 30. My official K-ville-o-meter (ya like that lol?) is -28.5. We'll see if I'm any good at this haha. Tonight's game is against slated for a 8pm est tip and will air on the ACCN.

Duke 94

Lafayette 60

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach K Fact #5: Coach K has guided five Duke teams to a national championship, 12 to a final fours (tied with John Wooden for most all time) and has 97 wins in the NCAA tournament - by far the most all time. His closest competition is rival Roy Williams with 79.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Duke win!

team continues to work on Defense, rebounding and ball movement. Bench I think gets a lot of burn in this one.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Coach K Fact #5: Coach K has guided five Duke teams to a national championship, 12 to a final fours (tied with John Wooden for most all time) and has 97 wins in the NCAA tournament - by far the most all time. His closest competition is rival Roy Williams with 97.

We should win easily. Would like to see us stay healthy, continue to get Mark involved, and get AJ some more minutes. baker with another double digit game would be nice.

Last edited:
I am not watching the game. According to the other board, we are up 8 and playing poorly. 3 for 13 from 3 according to the box score. Now 4 of 15. They are zoning us.

Banchero is 1 for 8. Roach 0-4. Baker 1-6.
35-27 at the half.
Keels and Moore and Mark with 8 points each.

Last edited:
Man we're struggling out there. Guess teams are gonna start in the zone against us until we price we can hit the 3

credit ot lafayette...they are spreading us out, cutting without the ball and making us shoot from the outside...and that is making this a game.

48-34 Duke.
Moore playing well. Williams too.
Moore with 16. Mark with 10 and 11.
Now 54-36.

Last edited:
We're now up 29 and may cover the spread. Moore with 23.
Griffin with 15 and some nice shooting!

AJ is getting better and better. This team will be scary as he comes to form. Rough last 10 mins of the first half, but they can learn from it.

Am I crazy to think that the starting five by the end of the year will be:

Wendell Moore Jr
Trevor Keels
AJ Griffin
Paolo Banchero
Mark Williams

Dell is the best playmaking/poised guard we have and an experienced captain. He's ballin right now. And Roach is too inconsistent to date.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT