ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GONZAGA MAUI INVITE FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

That’s terrible. The best offensive weapon in college in 30 damn years and he’s stuck in the corner.

awful play calling if that was K at the end.....Barrett gets stuffed 5 possessions in a row..why not a drive and kick?

Wtf? Again? Effing seriously! I don’t even know what to say about that last minute.

I say we give it to Zion there, not RJ. I knew he'd put up some garbage. To be fair, he hits his garbage a lot.. But still.

RJ Barret ...3 times in a row ....what happens if he gets the foul call ? He’s 65% from the FT line ... that’s just poor end of game sh!t right there.... By K and RJ.

Reactions: pisgah101
That was a terrible terrible last min..,,we could of stole it....just terrible

Not sure why we forced RJ.

Sounds like hindsight- but I was screaming for Zion or Tre

Such poor execution. Shouldn’t even have been in that game but there is no excuse for RJ playing one on everyone for the last couple of minutes.

Didn't lose because of the refs, but they were awful down the stretch. You can't sleep for 32 minutes and expect to win.

I would have taken a chance and gave it to Reddish for a three to win. I don’t think Duke would have lasted in OT!

Well, that was a disappointing finish, but Duke fought back hard, and are going to be a better team for it. I'm proud of their fight, just not some of the decisions at the end.

OFC

I thought Jones would do something there...,I would of never let Barrett touch it if I where him....

Cue the incoming “RJ is selfish” or “RJ needs to be benched.” Completely agree that Zion should have gotten one of those last possessions, but hopefully this will be used as a learning lesson by RJ.

Reactions: dukiejay
In fairness to RJ, it’s what K drew up, but damn man. Maybe this is a learning experience for RJ. Maybe we since there was failure, RJ and the staff can learn that he can’t carry everything and frankly doesn’t have to.

Reactions: Mpm277
Horrific missed call.

But you can’t play mediocre basketball for 35 minutes and expect to always pull it out in the end. This was defense of old.

I say we give it to Zion there, not RJ. I knew he'd put up some garbage. To be fair, he hits his garbage a lot.. But still.

Nah, Reddish needs the ball in those situations. Great ball skills and great free throw shooter (even though it was obvious the refs weren't calling sh*t on Gonzaga the last two mins).

Proud of the fight our boys showed.

It sucks that was our first loss in Maui ever, but I’m not dwelling on it. No Duke team that won Maui went on to win the NCAA Championship! I’m glad we’ve gotten the first one out of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT