ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
This is a big one. FSU has been trending in the wrong direction of late, having lost seven of its last eight games. The only win coming Tuesday at home against Clemson in a one point thriller. The streak included a bad loss at home to Pitt.

None of that matters at this point to Florida State. A win in Cameron would be a marquee victory for this Seminoles team AND give them the season sweep over Duke. So you know they'll be ready for battle come tonight.

Duke, coming off of a near collapse against Wake Forest Tuesday in a game they had on autopilot for part of the first half and fifteen minutes in the second half. An almost four minute field goal drought, however, nearly cost Duke ANOTHER close home loss. Luckily, that didn't happen.

Hopefully Coach K is healthy and the Devils can get a fairly easy victory in front of the home crowd in Cameron - his second to last game he'll ever coach in front of the Crazies. I can't believe I'm even saying that....

Duke is favored tonight by -15 and I think we win, and but not cover. I do however, expect a better performance following Tuesday's lackluster finish.

The game is slated to tip at 6pm est and will air on ESPN.

Duke 75

Florida State 61

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: KDSTONE
? No way to tell how we are going to play. The game better be over with 6 minutes to play. That said, I am going to assume that late game problems have been remedied. Duke 90 Free Shoes U 78.

Duke by six . Home court hasn’t really been an advantage this season and it depends what Duke team shows up.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Unless that 7 footer who torched us last time has lightning strike twice for him, I can't see FSU staying close.

I could care less about the success or failure of other ACC schools (except Capel), but I do feel badly for Leonard Hamilton. Time is running out for him and I'd like him to have one last run for the Final Four. Not this year though.

So they have 46 points a game out of the lineup and still making us look bad?

Duke 77
FSU 73
We are tied at half and board goes thermonuclear.
Well to be fair, there’s a bad problem if it’s tied at halftime. Hamilton has 5 guys out, and they said they probably all start.
We should cover.

If you aren’t concerned then you aren’t watching the game .
Florida states entire starting lineup is out yet their bench is giving Duke all they can handle at home with walk ons in as well.

Offense is fine. Defense not so much. First team to 90 wins.
before baker started hitting, the offense wasn’t very good. This lead is very misleading. We look really bad against the second squad out. I thought the team turned it around at the unc game but they just don’t play well. Banch has lost his mojo, he plays timid out there. He’s in a huge funk and fading fast.

Reactions: sheyduke
Our on ball d is bad. Getting beat, and we aren’t good at rotating over. K still runs the same defense, and our guys struggle to run it right.
Good end to the half though. Baker hit some momentum shots.

With what FSU has playing, we should win by 20.

Our perimeter defense is porous...we cannot defend even these guys one on one...once they spread us out its a drive to the bucket or a drop pass for a dunk..we didnt even try to switch it up with zone, pressure or any other variant....totally out-coached on that end. Offensively we have no guard who can break down a zone off the dribble...so its slow passing on the perimeter and then a jump shot...we stall out and have little ryhtm on the offensive end....luckily we got some mo with back to back 3's..overall that was not a good half, dont let the 11 pt lead tell the tale!

Reactions: sheyduke
Our on ball d is bad. Getting beat, and we aren’t good at rotating over. K still runs the same defense, and our guys struggle to run it right.
Good end to the half though. Baker hit some momentum shots.

With what FSU has playing, we should win by 20.
I don’t know something tells me they catch back up in the second half they are shooting close to 70 percent .

Those two buckets for banch was huge. We need him for march

A win is a win but our inability to stay in front of guys is scary. As is our inability to move the ball on offense. Too much one on one. Is basketball not taught to feed the post anymore? It’s not just Duke, it’s a lot of teams and from the very little I watch of American professional basketball it doesn’t occur there either. This is a team that can cut down the nets or get bounced in round one.

Reactions: hart2chesson
It feels like this is a Duke team that plays better on the road/neutral court than it does at home. Big Road test stretch in the next two @ Virginia and @ Syracuse. Those two venues will be hostile.

Anyway Duke can wear the “Brotherhood” jerseys for the remainder of the season? To me it looked like they were playing their best ball of the season when they were wearing those unis @ Louisville, @ Notre Dame, and @ uncheat

I think we loose at Virginia win at the Cuse. This team just has me worried. I don’t put to much stock in this game as the bench of Florida State pushed them in the first half with out one starter.

I can’t say that . Florida State is without five starters. This is almost a game where Duke winning should not be in question. Up until the second half I would say Duke played down to their level.

thats what i was referring to.... the play in the second half was so much better.

I won't complain about an 18 point win. They were depleted but sounds like we took care of business. 6 guys in double figures. Moore has been improving lately, which is important. With ND losing we are now in first place.

I missed the game but damn it reads like one of the worst 18 point wins ever. Did they really look that bad?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT