ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON UNOFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

This matchup zone is definitely more effective than the traditional 2-3. The only 2 holes right now appear to be the corner 3 and the high low action. The corner 3 is a tough shot and hopefully we can close out better to at least make it contested. The high low we just need to make it tougher on the opposition to make that initial pass and hopefully it can be guarded by a top wing rather than middle low to allow our middle low to stay home. I could see Grayson making a second half adjustment at guarding that entry pass better. If it becomes a clean pass we are screwed because we can’t guard the ball and both corner 3’s and the baseline pass all at once if that middle low guy (Bolden or Carter) come up.

Either way we are slowing down the game and saying that our offense is going to be more efficient than your offense. Outside of Virginia, not the worst thinking.
Our zone kind of morphs if you watch it closely...the corner three is the biggest of my worries...when we want to close off that foul line opening either Grayson or Duval usually slides into the spot....I’ve seen the 2/3 morphs into a 1/3/1 looking hybrid and also at times a 1/2/2 hybrid...I like how it’s moving around and the different looks...at times the Wing is also sliding up and it has a 3/2 look....it’s almost looking like a bit of a amobia defense you see sometimes in the nfl when nobody is down and you don’t know what you are looking at....

The biggest reason I like it is because we are not being broke down by the dribble...so all the switching and help that isn’t there on communications isn’t as big of a factor...Carter is where he should be...guarding the paint....teams have to shoot well for fourty min....very hard to do....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT