ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON UNOFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

win out and we are the 3 overall number 1 seed. lose once and we are still in the conversation. I think it's pretty simple right now. we control our own destiny

Reactions: christophero
So were using the bench and playing zone now lol we still need a lot of improvement. What stood out to me in this game is JD and Bolden imo looking better then Carter (in the post)( hustle, rebounding , and to me Bolden looks to just be able to get his shot off better and score down there. Carter just looks like his moves are premeditated/planned whatever or something instead of reacting to what the defender does. I will say I see he’s working on his shot which is improved.Another thing I noticed and these are like wierd small things is Trent’s unselfishness and doesn’t take bad shots and let’s the game come to him .which is rare for a freshman and impressive . Duval played well and hopefully he’ll gain confidence. Yet still shakey. Besides the obvious defense I think we really need to rebound way better. I find myself hoping the other team just makes a free throw when on the line just so they don’t get a chance to rebound and have to face our defense again. Is that wierd or just me or what . taking a point for the possession guaranteed ?? Lol especially when they miss the first one. Hopefully we’ll continue to improve and when bagley cones back he’ll force a little less shots and we’ll be the team from the preseason. Good win for the tourney !

Last edited:
So were using the bench and playing zone now lol we still need a lot of improvement. What stood out to me in this game is JD and Bolden imo looking better then Carter (in the post)( hustle, rebounding , and to me Bolden looks to just be able to get his shot off better and score down there. Carter just looks like his moves are premeditated/planned whatever or something instead of reacting to what the defender does. I will say I see he’s working on his shot which is improved.Another thing I noticed and these are like wierd small things is Trent’s unselfishness and doesn’t take bad shots and let’s the game come to him .which is rare for a freshman and impressive . Duval played well and hopefully he’ll gain confidence. Yet still shakey. Besides the obvious defense I think we really need to rebound way better. I find myself hoping the other team just makes a free throw when on the line just so they don’t get a chance to rebound and have to face our defense again. Is that wierd or just me or what . taking a point for the possession ?? Lol
I think it's weird or just you, maybe both. Lol, lmao, lol!
Just having fun man! Lol

well this was a nice ugly road win for our guys. i hated that we let a 10 point lead shrivel - but i liked the way we were patient on offense and worked the ball down low for good shots. they just didn't fall.

Duval helped our cause today. Need more steady play from him.

I recall several epic beatdowns at Clemson. So I don't consider this an ugly win at all. I am very happy. They had us on the ropes and we responded like champions. I am optimistic we can win our last 4. I did not think that was possible 2 weeks ago. Great road win. And I love that the game highlights include a Jack White dunk. And Javin playing 30 minutes is great preparation for next year. Yay. :)

Last edited:
I am thinking we lose 2 more games total this year. Louisvile upsets us at home, then we win out, take ACC tourney, and lose in the elite 8.

Last edited:
I am thinking we lose 2 more games toral this year. Louisvile upsets is at home, then we win out, take ACC tourney, and lose in the elite 8.
I am more worried about the road game at VT than I am Louisville, although I do think it will be a tough one.
It does look like the coaches have made some nice adjustments to get things rolling. Hopefully when or if Bagley comes back we can keep Grayson aggressive.

That's stinkin thinkin soldier! Comon at least say Final Four. :)
I figure that puts us in range of winning it all with our best run of the year. For now I’d like to see Bagley back and running well. I’d like to see Tre continue to play under control. And I’d like some more freaking ball movement. The D has already gotten good enough to make a run, with Jav and Bolden showing up nightly.

I really like the zone and the move to put Duval off the ball and the fact that Javin, Bolden, and even White have gotten good minutes.

Last edited:
Their front court is long and smart. I worry about too many fouls on us and then perhaps some off shooting from Gary with Deng all over him.

Long, yes, but also a bit sluggish so zone should slow them down a good bit. We can bang with them in the paint and have the depth in the post to stay with them. They'll have their hands full chasing Gary, Grayson, and Tre all over the court too. Bonus - it's at home.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Bolden looks really comfortable in the post and he’s very efficient scoring down there now. If he keeps this up we have a scoring weapon coming off the bench. He will definitely be back next year and will be the starting center from what I’ve seen the last few weeks.

Have anybody noticed that Carter hardly ever turns over the left shoulder. He would get a better shot off half the time if he turned to the right hook. He must really be a lefty. He would be even more dominant if he work both shoulders.

I am more worried about the road game at VT than I am Louisville, although I do think it will be a tough one.
It does look like the coaches have made some nice adjustments to get things rolling. Hopefully when or if Bagley comes back we can keep Grayson aggressive.
Same here . seems like last few years they get scarier and scarier ...especially against VA! they always play them tough! never forget my first Duke game I went to at Va Tech (horrible parking btw getting out. took forever even after I left couple min early.....didn’t help I couldn’t find where I parked for while lol ) anyway Im in the stands in full blue around the hokies while we take a woopin. I wanted to puke, but I will say they have very respectable fans.

Bolden looks really comfortable in the post and he’s very efficient scoring down there now. If he keeps this up we have a scoring weapon coming off the bench. He will definitely be back next year and will be the starting center from what I’ve seen the last few weeks.

Have anybody noticed that Carter hardly ever turns over the left shoulder. He would get a better shot off half the time if he turned to the right hook. He must really be a lefty. He would be even more dominant if he work both shoulders.
Bolden IMO looks 10x different. Sometimes he falls asleep but i like him in the post better then Carter, IMO Carter needs 1 more year (as of now) Glad to have him though! Lol

Grayson carried us 1st half, then the rest of the gang woke up 2nd half. Thought that 10pt lead late would stand up, but cant say enough about Trent's 3 fts and Carter's 3pt play power move sandwiched around a defensive stop! Great win guys, and really one of our most impressive weeks in ACC play!

I like the more ACTIVE ZONE and I like the way we run 3/4 court pressure after made baskets. Bothered Clemson much the same way it bothered UVA last year at Charlottesville, in disrupting their offensive rhythm.

OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
Yea my gosh. They played like crap against the holes on Saturday. If they play like they did Saturday they aren’t winning at Duke.
Well you know they won’t play like that against us. We seem to get everyone’s best shot. I still say we win this this one by 8-10 pts.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson

He made a nice turn over his left shoulder his last shot of the game.

Well you know they won’t play like that against us. We seem to get everyone’s best shot. I still say we win this this one by 8-10 pts.
Yea lol true! As I like to say they will look like the 96 Bulls and Golden State Warriors rolled into one!

Zone defense has really improved. In the past when Syracuse has played their best zone
they seem to not only anticipate passes but they move together almost like a snake. A few times yesterday Duke had 3 players on top guarding 2 shooters. Clemson got the ball to the corner and got an open 3.Trent did a great job rebounding but when he is on weak side wing he sometimes does not slide to the correct position. Nonetheless this team is coming together. Hoping to see UVA / Duke in ACC finals.

This matchup zone is definitely more effective than the traditional 2-3. The only 2 holes right now appear to be the corner 3 and the high low action. The corner 3 is a tough shot and hopefully we can close out better to at least make it contested. The high low we just need to make it tougher on the opposition to make that initial pass and hopefully it can be guarded by a top wing rather than middle low to allow our middle low to stay home. I could see Grayson making a second half adjustment at guarding that entry pass better. If it becomes a clean pass we are screwed because we can’t guard the ball and both corner 3’s and the baseline pass all at once if that middle low guy (Bolden or Carter) come up.

Either way we are slowing down the game and saying that our offense is going to be more efficient than your offense. Outside of Virginia, not the worst thinking.

Reactions: acc hoops
Huge road win. Grayson out of his shooting slump and I don't think it was Bagley related at all. When(if) Bagley returns he'll still have the 3 ball running. Feels like we are on the brink of clicking. When it happens we'll be rolling. I like we didn't surface to soon this season. Lots of upcoming things I'm looking forward to. I think we beat UNCheat at Cameron. I think we beat UVA in the ACC Tourney and win it. I think we get a hard road to the Final Four and still end up there. Go Duke.

Reactions: DukeDenver
We aren't getting #1 seed in ACCT

Did you mean a one seed in the NCAAT because the only way we have any chance at a one seed in the ACCT is if we win out in the regular season and Virginia loses their last 4 regular season games

I meant our performance in the ACCT could lead to a 1 seed in the NCAAT. I gave up being the 1 seed in the ACCT a long time ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT