ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Charlotte

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Going to get this one going a little early with a 215 tip..

⏰ 215
📺 The CW
📍 Cameron Indoor

After a week break duke comes back to the court against the 49ers of Charlotte

Charlotte is coached by first year head coach Aaron Fearne.. prior to this he was the associate head coach for Charlotte then previously in Australia.

It’s weird to call a game against Charlotte important but it is.. if we look like we did last week this board will be on fire tomorrow. Jon needs to step up quick let’s hope it starts this satuday

Duke-77
Charlotte-63

Reactions: christophero
It's a must win. The media **** storm if we lose this will be enormous. I think we struggle; but we win. I want to see heart and emotion. If it's close and our guys start turning on each other we are in big trouble. Let's see a cohesive, team effort. I want to see our team and coach fired up. Roach, Flip and Mitchell need to lead. I think Blakes plays some good minutes. We could use a good effort by Stewart. Good ball movement and defense.
Duke 78
Charlotte 65

Last edited:
I honestly hope to see a lineup of Roach, Proctor(If he's playing), Powers, Flip, Reeves... Good spacing, pick and roll with lob potential for Reeves, and shooters in the corners with Powers and Flip, and Roach squared up ready to shoot... give it a try. We need to determine if Reeves can be beneficial, this team needs to find a Playable center to move Flip out to his natural position... I think we see some lineup adjustments today, maybe not entirely or the starting lineup, but spurts we will see Powers, Stewart, and Reeves some... Play more up tempo defense, press more. We have quick guards, and rotational guards, that can be very disruptive on the defensive end, utilize them.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Worried, but Duke prevails:
82-72. Power goes for 15, and helps bail us out.

OFC

I’ll be on a plane and will miss the whole game. I agree with others, this feels like a very important game. If we come out strong and win by 20 it will go a long way to settle everyone down. If we struggle and look disjointed it could be a slippery slope. I’m going to trust in Jon.

Duke wins 81 - 64

Reactions: Liftee
It's in the team's best interest to get those 2 freshman guards playing consistent. Surprised they both started.

Sticking with the three guard lineup. Ugh
Jon has determined that playing bigger isn’t going to work for him. It’ll end up being the downfall of this team as the guards aren’t built to get to the rim in iso or screens, and they’re not above average jump shooters.

I was nit picky of K, but he at least adjusted to his teams strengths.

Reactions: sheyduke
Just got back from Christmas shopping. Sounds like we are playing well enough. Looks like McCain had a big first half.

Ugh Reeves is out with a bad ankle? Is that the same injury as before? Guy can't stay healthy.
Sounds like Flip turned his ankle.

Last edited:
Mark really doesn't help this team. Going to have to figure out what to do with him.

If MM and Flip struggle against Charlotte's frontline hard to envision this team going far. Still, looks like we will get the W. It's a start, and sounds like McCain and Blakes had big games. Rome wasn't built in a day. Having a guy like Blakes to plug in is invaluable. Hope he comes back next year.

Last edited:
We look better against a team that the metrics have right around GT. Flip has had a rough game. Happy with our guard play. But can I just say the CW is hot %$#@ing garbage. Who is filming this? My lord, the angles are shit at times.

Reactions: christophero
Flip hasn't scored much, but he's had 12 boards so far. Again, playing a position he's shouldn't be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT