ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON UNOFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Maybe he meant Virginia loses early in the ACCT and we win the ACCT. Thats the only way we can be a one seed and we'll still need help with presumed #1's losing a couple of games to get a #1 in the NCAAT.
if the season ended right now we would be a 1 seed. we were number 7 in the bracket last week and 5 teams ahead of us lost. uva has no impact on us getting a 1 in the ncaa

Last edited:
After all the losses I wouldn’t be surprised if we are back in the top 6-8 and are a solid 2 seed going forward. A great chance our last 4 games to solidify that and give us a chance at a one seed in the ACCT. Couldn’t be prouder of the way they’ve played without Bagley.
Did you mean a one seed in the NCAAT because the only way we have any chance at a one seed in the ACCT is if we win out in the regular season and Virginia loses their last 4 regular season games

if the season ended right now we would be a 1 seed. we were number 7 in the bracket last week and 5 times ahead of us lost. uva has no impact on us getting a 1 in the ncaa

They don’t have impact on us getting a one seed but they might be the reason we end up on the west coast. I think we would do better as a 2 seed in the east.

Got the dub. Defense getting better. Still not a fan of zone defense but if it’s working then cool. Hopefully he’s still working on that man to man defense.

Has anyone checked out the defensive efficiency ratings as of yet?

I know we at least made huge inroads in rankings and seedings with all the top 10 losing activity this last week. This feels like the first time we didn't follow suit and become one of the victims.

Reactions: Quavarius
Every ACC road team won this weekend.

*Pitt is currently playing at FSU

If we win out in regular season, I would think we would at least be in the one seed conversation.

Reactions: sgrooms
to me if we do that we are winning number 6.

I agree. That's the thing with this team. When they don't play as a unit, they can be beat, but if we have it clicking, I don't believe there is a college team out there that can beat us.

Watching now and this is frustrating....glad I didn't see it live, my blood pressure couldn't handle it!

I agree. That's the thing with this team. When they don't play as a unit, they can be beat, but if we have it clicking, I don't believe there is a college team out there that can beat us.
Really? Even if we are clicking, there’s about 30 teams that can beat us any given night. Unless by “clicking” you mean absolutely on fire the likes we haven’t seen at any point this year.

If we aren’t clicking, that number leaps up to about 100. A bad bounce here or there can be the difference between going home the first weekend and winning a championship. Let’s not act like teams can’t beat us. We start 4 freshmen.

I’d say “if we have it clicking, there isn’t a team out there that we can’t beat—even on the road or in a hostile environment.” But I’d leave it at that.

I sure hope there is something to appreciate...I would have been having heart palpitations watching this live...poor shooting all around!!!

Clemson missed a lot of shots, but this was their first ACC loss at home, and you KNOW they wanted to beat us!! I'll take a win there no matter how it looked!!

Really? Even if we are clicking, there’s about 30 teams that can beat us any given night. Unless by “clicking” you mean absolutely on fire the likes we haven’t seen at any point this year.

If we aren’t clicking, that number leaps up to about 100. A bad bounce here or there can be the difference between going home the first weekend and winning a championship. Let’s not act like teams can’t beat us. We start 4 freshmen.

I’d say “if we have it clicking, there isn’t a team out there that we can’t beat—even on the road or in a hostile environment.” But I’d leave it at that.

By clicking, I mean Grayson and Trent hitting from outside like they have been lately and having Marvin back with him and Carter dominating the paint. Those all happening at once, yes, really, I don't think we get beat. Our opinions differ, and that's ok

Reactions: dukesince91
By clicking, I mean Grayson and Trent hitting from outside like they have been lately and having Marvin back with him and Carter dominating the paint. Those all happening at once, yes, really, I don't think we get beat. Our opinions differ, and that's ok
yes combined with good defense and NOONE is beating this team. But we have to get to that point.

Maybe he meant Virginia loses early in the ACCT and we win the ACCT. Thats the only way we can be a one seed and we'll still need help with presumed #1's losing a couple of games to get a #1 in the NCAAT.
Not sure how we wouldn’t be in the conversation for a #1 seed in the NCAAT right now. We are #3 in kenpom and have some seriously impressive wins. Obviously it will depend on how we finish the season and the ACCT but if we get our revenge on UNC, which I suspect we will, and keep playing the way we are on D with Bags back I certainly don’t think it’s a long shot.

We still need to cut down on turnovers and keep teams off the offensive glass. If we can improve on those two things, I like our chances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT