ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS BOSTON COLLEGE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

This was a whole team loss. The only one who showed up to play was Grayson.

BC is picked toward the end of the ACC and Duke couldn’t stop them. After all the close games this Duke team was due not to come back from one. A lot of defense needs to be worked on.

Great game BC. They shot the lights out. We have got to figure out how to play ball screens

I just hope we get off the court without getting hurt from the court storming...

We played like freshmen today. Bagley looked like dog shit on defense. BC came possessed and they deserve this win. Let’s regroup and kick some ass next week.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Just learn from it. K included. Not often but atleast once a year I get incredible frustrated with lack of adjustment. Today.... a total lack of adjustments.

Reactions: youngman42
I mean... Don't get me wrong, grabbing his jersey was retarded. But a flagrant? Haha.

This was bound too happen eventually. You can’t play the way Duke has the last three weeks and continue to skate by....eventually a team is going to get you. Today, a really bad team shot the lights out and except for Trent these guys were rattled.

Duke should drop pretty far, losing to unranked team. Embarrassing, until they figure out defense this will be the same team. Won’t win anything

BC was just hot today. They hit so many contested shots in the first half which got us in the hole. We stopped feeding the post for some reason. That was odd. We usually force feed them at the end of games. Oh well. Good thing a few losses don’t matter in college basketball

Bagley was put in a terrible spot all day. K believes Bagley can guard 5 spots. Today proved that theory wrong. In fact Bolden does a superior job of defending the high screen switch

Reactions: 500HP_Devil
We derserve to have 3-4 losses this year, we’ll have 1. Its time for us to start learning from our mistakes rather than finding ways to overcome them.

Got to learn to defend people...say what you want about the shooting...but one game it’s continual layup after layup...next game it’s three after three...the philosophy is totally antiquated and it’s not the players...

Oh well, it's embarrassing but hopefully a learning lesson. We knew they wouldn't go undefeated.

I don't like to lose, but after all the great escapes our guys now know they can't just turn it on and win when they feel like it. K will use this to help this team get better. Our guys WILL get better.
Congrats to BC.

OFC

Reactions: topps coach
Bagley was put in a terrible spot all day. K believes Bagley can guard 5 spots. Today proved that theory wrong. In fact Bolden does a superior job of defending the high screen switch

I can't understand why we don't run thru him down low more. We constantly go long stretches without even looking for him. I don't get it.

Duval needs to not ever shoot anything other than a layup.

Only took 60 from 3 guards, a near triple double, 60% from 3, in a bunch of freshman’s first acc road game to beat a tired team. Not that worried about it.

Side note, Duval is the strongest guy on the team. Did you see how far that guy went flying when he grabbed his jersey?!

Reactions: dukecorey
It's not necessarily embarrassing. No Shame in giving bc credit. I'm with the crowd thinking we need to rethink our defensive strategy though

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT