ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS BOSTON COLLEGE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Do you guys think guys like Bagley are generally too 'tired?' I mean, the easy answer is, "WHY yes they are dummy, we played a ton of games" but I thought Bagley hit a brick wall against Indiana and stopped being a defensive threat in that game. He has been exerting less energy on that end of the court, from the birds eye view that I have. What I am getting at, is maybe we do need to develop more of a consistent rotation at 8+ deep, nightly. I want to win and I trust K, but if the defensive scheme is too difficult to learn and it causes us to shrink our bench, I think it could be a death trap later on. Perhaps we need to adjust to the personnel that we do have and make some of these very talented players better and more comfortable...starters included.

Thoughts?

I would like to see the starters along with DeLaurier, Bolden, O’Connell, and Goldwire be our main 9 guys. In 2009-2010, Duke had Scheyer, Smith, Singler, Thomas, Zoubek, Dawkins, MP1, MP2, and Kelly as our main 9 with Kelly not getting any court action in March/April. I would like to see something similar to that rotation. Whoever is weakest defensively between DeLaurier, Bolden, O’Connell, and Goldwire at the end of February/early March getting his playing time cut for the tournament unless we are in foul trouble. In both 2010 and 2015, 8 was enough. I think the magic number has been play 9 in the regular season and come tournament time narrow the rotation to 8. In 2010 Ryan Kelly was the 9th guy and in 2015 had Suliamon not been dismissed from the team Grayson would have been the 9th guy.

I just watched this game again. They shot the ball out of their ass, yes. But one thing we didn't talk about much but DAMN we got hosed on a LOAD of calls. Some are outright hideous. I don't think our D sucked as bad as some are making out and I also think K will have them playing good D soon. Bottom line in this one, they had "that night". It's awesome when that happens.

I just watched this game again. They shot the ball out of their ass, yes. But one thing we didn't talk about much but DAMN we got hosed on a LOAD of calls. Some are outright hideous. I don't think our D sucked as bad as some are making out and I also think K will have them playing good D soon. Bottom line in this one, they had "that night". It's awesome when that happens.
Yes we did. I’m not one to Gary the refs but it was pretty astounding. But again give credit to BC, they shot the lights out of conte on sat.

On the Bagley playing time comment, I always wonder in cases of a high profile, top recruit does the coaching staff promise a player minutes, I mean a LOT of minutes to showcase his talent? I know K has a long history of players earning playing time which I agree with 100%, but with a top recruit, is it different?

I thought he looked tired in the second half of the last couple games too.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT