ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS BOSTON COLLEGE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
And we're into conference play - undefeated no less. Opening in Chestnut Hill against a lower-end ACC team on the road seems like the right to kick off not only ACC play, but road ACC play.

BC comes in at 6-3 and Duke, of course, at 11-0. The Eagles haven't beaten a power five team yet this year losing to Nebraska, Providence and Texas Tech. Its wins are over Maine, South Carolina State, Sacred Heart La Salle and Colgate. Still, this Eagles team is improved from a year ago and returns everyone of significance but AJ Turner.

This will be only the second true road test for this young Duke team on the season. I truly believe what we see today from Duke, will be a shell of what we see when this team hits March. This team is so talented, so deep and so big and l still has no clue how to play defense - we are going to be an incredibly difficult out in the NCAA tournament when we really hit the proverbial stride.

Today's ACC opener will air on ESPN HD and is slated for a 12pm est tip.

Duke 91

Boston College 82

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the ACC, and it's on the road, so I'm always a little wary. I hope we're able to get out to a big early lead and never allow them back into the game. Go Duke!

Duke 88
Boston 79

If we keep them to 70 or less, it'll be our best defensive effort so far against a major conference team. Not sure we're there, yet, but that's what I'm hoping for.

Reactions: PHXDukie
And we're into conference play - undefeated no less. Opening in Chestnut Hill against a lower-end ACC team on the road seems like the right to kick off not only ACC play, but road ACC play.

BC comes in at 6-3 and Duke, of course, at 11-0. The Eagles haven't beaten a power five team yet this year losing to Nebraska, Providence and Texas Tech. Its wins are over Maine, South Carolina State, Sacred Heart La Salle and Colgate. Still, this Eagles team is improved from a year ago and returns everyone of significance but AJ Turner.

This will be only the second true road test for this young Duke team on the season. I truly believe what we see today from Duke, will be a shell of what we see when this team hits March. This team is so talented, so deep and so big and l still has no clue how to play defense - we are going to be an incredibly difficult out in the NCAA tournament when we really hit the proverbial stride.

Today's ACC opener will air on ESPN HD and is slated for a 12pm est tip.

Duke 91

Boston College 82

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the Hawkins injury to BC. Thats a huge loss for them on the inside. He could have helped against our powerful inside game.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...-for-season/tnTI4CuPpn37Zq0RDkA1iJ/story.html

I like the Devils to cover the spread, 90-74.

OFC

Winning at Indiana should really help with the BC game. I don't expect their crowd to be nothing like that. We should be ready and win by double didgits!! GO DUKE!!!
OFC

I think we’re going to be grinding out another win. It’s road play in the ACC and BC doesn’t need much motivation when they see Duke come out the tunnel.

Duke 86
BC 75

It has been kind of cool following Duke the last two days in Boston. They practiced twice at Harvard...the pictures of the coaching staff with Tommy Amaker were cool, and on Thursday night a special guest named Jayson Tatum stopped by to visit with the boys.

Duke is everywhere, folks!

There are a lot of Duke fans in the crowd in Boston a lot of times. This isn't going to be the biggest home court advantage we will go up against. Duke wins easily.

BC hasn't beaten a power five team yet, but as K says, the team Duke sees on tape will not be the team they see in the game. This will be BC's best effort and best crowd of the year. But ultimately Duke is too much inside, which is a far more reliable and "travelable" skill.

Duke - 84
BC - 70

Losing your leading rebounder and 3rd leading scorer is never a good thing, especially when the No.1 team in the country comes calling. Duke will roll in this one.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Over the last few weeks we have grown thick skin being on the ropes and engineering comebacks. I think the first half and maybe early part of the second is a fight but our coaching and talent are too much and we open it up and win by 12-15.

I hope in some way that K has instilled into this team the reality that they must play lights out every second of every game and not wait until the last few minutes of the game. This worries me more than anything about this team so far this season. Lets get a nice lead early and play as hard as possible to keep it.

I think its Duke 85 to BC's 66.

Weird to see two darkish colored jersey's on the same floor.

We won the lottery with bagley. He's just crazy good!

Part of the reason people hate Grayson is because he plays so freaking hard every single possession regardless of who the opposing team is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT