ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ARMY OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

This is the RJ I thought I’d see in the UK game. Always like his talent but he usually a ultra score first second and third guy. Said it three years ago and will continue to say I’d take Zion 1st over all. I think he’s that Lebron, Shaq, Duncan type special who can have a impact without having plays run for him. Passing, scoring, rebounding and motor.

Can’t wait until he loses about 15 point pounds during the predeaft process (that’s when players get in the best shape of their lives) and becomes even faster, stronger, more athletic.....yep scary thought

RJ should be taking the most shots. He’s just taken settled shots. I’m fine with him taking these shots. Zion still has 21 points and Cam has had plenty of opportunities as well. He too just hasn’t been efficient. Meh.

We’ll win this game and we’ll learn about ourselves. Oh well. This game was always going to be a hangover special. Doesn’t say anything about this team other than they are young...Which they are.

Relax guys. This is good for our boys. Tuesday was one of those nights where most of what we did worked, and most of what Kentucky did didn’t.
It’s easy to smile when everyone is scoring. This first half is what the team and this board needed. Let’s see what we do in the next half.

By the way, I love Zion. His motor is non stop.

I just want to see him play within himself. Everything from him looks forced. If an NBA gm does not take Zion first in the draft they should be drug tested on the spot
What?! I would still take RJ #1. His arsenal of moves is much more diverse and that's required in he NBA.

Don’t get to high after Kentucky, don’t get to low after halves like this.

Not to mention Duke will still win by 30+

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
If Zion didn't take that three, he'd be shooting 90% in college so far.

If Army would tighten up, we'd be down right now.

I don’t think any (Duke) fans were out of reality....this game change nothing for me ...Duke loses they beat themselves. I still don’t see anybody beating them :)

Reactions: dukehokie
Best thing that could happen to Duke this half. Teams are not going to just lay down due to the coverage and I like the fact they are in a good tight game. Just what they need for game 2 after a glorified practice on national tv. I'm loving this right now. Lets see how they react now.
Barrett will be fine. He is and always will be a high volume shooter, so get use to that as well. If you watched him over his years in high school, that's what he does.
Relax guys. This is good for our boys. Tuesday was one of those nights where most of what we did worked, and most of what Kentucky did didn’t.
It’s easy to smile when everyone is scoring. This first half is what the team and this board needed. Let’s see what we do in the next half.

By the way, I love Zion. His motor is non stop.
Spot on Mac!!!! I'm loving this and just what the doctor ordered. Lets see how they adjust. I think they will get back to normal and start imposing their will. We will see shortly.

I said before this game that I wanted to see what we would do against a smaller team that spreads it out. I guess I got my answer!!!
OFC

I’m sure someone already mentioned this, but it’s possible Zion scores 35 points, breaking the freshmen record.

At the rate we're going, we may need him to! I hope not. I know K ripped them a new one at the half. Let's see how they respond.

OFC

Army threw everything plus the kitchen sink at Duke and still down due to some bad play on Duke's part. They will settle down and get it together.

Nice out of the gates. Hopefully we’re a team that can play like crap get chewed out and fix it!

Purely speculation..but when Zion dunked from the FT line in the Earn Everything documentary...RJ was a bit miffed when talking to his Dad...he likes the limelight...after Tuesday Zion got a lot of press for the block and pass...RJ looks like he is trying to do it all himself today..maybe hurting our game a bit.

That is absolutely speculation. That’s more of a son and his dad joshing with each other, than RJ having some jealousy complex. He’s secure in who he is and where he belongs.

Check the tape and see who the first one is, celebrating with Zion. See who gets Zion the majority of his alley oops.

This team is secure. K has said it, the players have said it. No story here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT