ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ARMY OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Things to like: Zion and Jack

Things to dislike: so many jumpers, too much showtime and not enough running plays, being on pace to give up 80+ points to Army

I chalk it up to first home game jitters. Let's settle down and get the ball in Tre's hands.

Purely speculation..but when Zion dunked from the FT line in the Earn Everything documentary...RJ was a bit miffed when talking to his Dad...he likes the limelight...after Tuesday Zion got a lot of press for the block and pass...RJ looks like he is trying to do it all himself today..maybe hurting our game a bit.

Wow. This is getting ugly. I don’t care about sport center highlights. I wanna see shut down d and unselfish ball movement for easy scores. Now we are catching and firing bricks and letting them shred us.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
We are to much in love with the 3 point shot. RJ is really forcing it. He needs to settle down and let the game come to him!
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I think we use the negatives in this half for the next half. Learning opportunities here.

Army shooting well from the perimeter...address and lock that up...the run is coming

Purely speculation..but when Zion dunked from the FT line in the Earn Everything documentary...RJ was a bit miffed when talking to his Dad...he likes the limelight...after Tuesday Zion got a lot of press for the block and pass...RJ looks like he is trying to do it all himself today..maybe hurting our game a bit.
Agree 100 percent with this statement. Barrett looks like Tatum did in his first 15 games at duke. Just share the ball and your points will come

Reactions: christophero
This is the RJ I thought I’d see in the UK game. Always like his talent but he usually a ultra score first second and third guy. Said it three years ago and will continue to say I’d take Zion 1st over all. I think he’s that Lebron, Shaq, Duncan type special who can have a impact without having plays run for him. Passing, scoring, rebounding and motor.

Can’t wait until he loses about 15 point pounds during the predeaft process (that’s when players get in the best shape of their lives) and becomes even faster, stronger, more athletic.....yep scary thought

This will be a good thing for Duke. Getting a little bit of humble pie after going through the ESPN hype machine saying they have a chance to run the table and be the greatest team in NCAA history. Nothing is given, everything earned. Super talented young team, but it's better to have these type of games early in the season than another blow out.

Ugly half, but I’m not surprised. Little bit of fools gold vs Kentucky. Army shot the lights out. Things will level off quick. Disappointed in Barrett’s effort all around, I expect he will come out ready to kill

Reactions: PixelDevil
K has to be disappointed at the defense and poor shooting. Hoping they wake up.

This is exactly what the doctor ordered. We as fans couldn’t contain our excitement imagine a group of 18 year olds. Time to get back to work after this game. As “good” as Army looks, they are a mid pack Patriot team, nothing is given.

Ugly half, but I’m not surprised. Little bit of fools gold vs Kentucky. Army shot the lights out. Things will level off quick. Disappointed in Barrett’s effort all around, I expect he will come out ready to kill
I just want to see him play within himself. Everything from him looks forced. If an NBA gm does not take Zion first in the draft they should be drug tested on the spot

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT