ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ARMY OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Great game for our kids today vs an experienced and disciplined team. We were fortunate that they somewhat ran out of gas.

K has a lot of footage to show them, and if this group of kids are how we think they are, they’ll learn plenty over the next couple days.

And you used “we” as in people on this board buying into sport center hype blah blah ....no, maybe you!.. ludicrous ;). Annoys the hell out of me when people do that speaking for other people based on their(( own)) damn feelings. Good day, gotta go now.
I must say I like your ending there. That's a good way to end my post, gotta go now! I never thought of that, but i gotta go to bed now.

46091609_2452397744776457_4248394891140268032_n.jpg

The reports of our defensive issues are greatly exaggerated.

We certainly didn’t come out with the focus and killer instinct we did against KY, but never once did this game feel like it was in jeopardy. We moved the ball really well last game to set up mismatches. I think the fact that we were a mismatch for everyone on Army’s team game us some false confidence that led to us playing more 1v1 than we should have. I agree with retiredsoldier that K’s comments in the presser about the team being upset with themselves about this 22 point win is about all most of us should need to hear. They are young and they will adjust and learn from their “mistakes.”

Let’s not forget that when crunch time came in this one we allowed 8 points over the last 12 minutes. We are currently 3 points better in defensive efficiency after 2 games with 4/5 freshmen starters than we were at the end of last season when we had climbed all the way up to the 9th best defensive team in the country.

Hats off to Army. They play with the persistence, toughness, and intelligence you'd expect from a service academy.

This was a great reminder that our young team still has a lot to learn. That they were upset at how they played is a sign that they embrace that learning and improvement.

I'm glad this game happened before Maui, we needed a "bit" of game pressure. We will be more than fine, we played horrible and still won by 20+. This game goes down to the wire if a less talented Duke team of 10 years ago played this poor of a game.

Zion is just a man amongst boys, combine that with the effort he gives (which is 100% at ALL TIMES), and he is something college hoops has never seen before.
RJ had a poor game offensive and defensively, but still filled up the box score.
Man do I love Cam's game, and we REALLY need his shooting, just needs to clean up his turnovers a bit and not gamble defensively so often. His offensive smoothness has A LOT of Tatum in it.

Jack is Jack, probably our 5th best player.
Ques with some impressive blocks, didn't do much else.
Javin is the big question mark 2 games in.

I'm glad this game happened before Maui, we needed a "bit" of game pressure. We will be more than fine, we played horrible and still won by 20+. This game goes down to the wire if a less talented Duke team of 10 years ago played this poor of a game.

Zion is just a man amongst boys, combine that with the effort he gives (which is 100% at ALL TIMES), and he is something college hoops has never seen before.
RJ had a poor game offensive and defensively, but still filled up the box score.
Man do I love Cam's game, and we REALLY need his shooting, just needs to clean up his turnovers a bit and not gamble defensively so often. His offensive smoothness has A LOT of Tatum in it.

Javin looks awful out there right now. Sometimes I just look at him and think “what did Koach really see in him to give him a Duke offer?” Hopefully he gets better as the year goes on.

It’s good we got to play that small super fast team, experience. Now we get to face a lot of Zone and a much bigger team in the next one, more good experience.

Reactions: timo0402

Truly, the only real negative so far is Javin's play. We expected more, but he's been pretty bad so far.

Tyus vs Army Tre vs Army .
46091032_10156920702834456_627758995578290176_n.jpg
I saw this picture on Facebook earlier today. It’s as close to as identical as you can get. There’s only 3 small differences; 1) jersey number, 2) Tre’s feet are a little further apart, 3) Tyus’ left hand is a little off the ball. You can tell that Tre learned a lot from playing with Tyus growing up.

I saw this picture on Facebook earlier today. It’s as close to as identical as you can get. There’s only 3 small differences; 1) jersey number, 2) Tre’s feet are a little further apart, 3) Tyus’ left hand is a little off the ball. You can tell that Tre learned a lot from playing with Tyus growing up.
Word is out that the folks over at unc think Ty and Tre are one if the same and this photo proves it.
They have their investigators all over it. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT