ADVERTISEMENT

Big game today?

Mac9192

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 25, 2017
Guys, what's up? Thought we had a big game tonight. Where's all the posts on what needs to be done for the win tonight? Come on fellas, someone get the discussion going! We're on a roll, gotta talk about it. Hart, Sky, Dukejay, Jwill, Duke hokie, and the rest of you get to typing, and fast! No offense but right now I don't care about Gottfried, new recruits... just how we win tonight and your predictions.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Certainly a huge game. The last time Duke played there they sold out as soon as the tickets went on sale. I'm sure that's the same for tonight's game. It will be loud, hostile, and a hard fought game. Cuse would love to stop this win streak that Duke is on and they will bring their A game. Strap em on tight and leave it on the floor. If they do that I feel Duke can win this game.

Certainly a huge game. The last time Duke played there they sold out as soon as the tickets went on sale. I'm sure that's the same for tonight's game. It will be loud, hostile, and a hard fought game. Cuse would love to stop this win streak that Duke is on and they will bring their A game. Strap em on tight and leave it on the floor. If they do that I feel Duke can win this game.

They have lost three in a row, but all were tough games, including a 4 point loss to Louisville.

We need to put them away early and keep them away. I would like to see this Duke team keep a strong level of intensity on the O and the whole game. Want a solid victory in the 15 point range.

Mac, good post. I am really looking forward to this game (as usual). Louisville really hurt Syracuse the last game when they got out in transition. Cuse couldn't get their zone set up on multiple possessions and Louisville got some cheap ones. Hopefully, we can do the same.
As far as Cuse goes, Gillon and Lydon had bad games (shooting), and you just know since Duke is coming to town, they will go off tonight.
If we can run some and score a few in transition, I really like Tatum on the foul line against their zone.
Hopefully Grayson and Amile got a little rest, and will maybe even get spelled a little tonight. I look for Frank to maybe have a good game, and would be nice for one of the bigs to shine. This is going to be a tough one, as they all are, but I think the team will be up to the challenge. Probably ends up being a "White Knuckler"!
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
I can't shake my negative prediction for some reason. I keep ending up with the same feeling about tonight.

Mac great post! I picked us to win on the game thread but its a worry game for me! Cuse tough at home, shooting 3s accurately in that dome is difficult and their crowd will be pumped!

I think Tatum could be huge in this one, flashing inside the 2-3 and we hit him for open looks or floaters.....

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
I'm actually really looking forward to that one! It'd benefit us if UNC won given Louisville's remaining schedule, but i'd rather give up a shot for the ACC reg season title than cheer for UNC
I'm torn on this game. On one hand I always want UNC to lose but on the other hand if Louisville loses then that moves us into second by ourselves in the ACC. A win/win scenario would be a Louisville win tonight then they lose one of their remaining games and that puts us in a great position to win the regular season title.

Here through the ACC Tournament, every game will be the most important.

Losing a game in the regular season, but winning the ACC Tourney = #2 seed
Winning the rest of the regular season, AND winning the ACC Tourney = strong argument for #1 seed
Something than those two events = #3 or 4 seed.

The next game will be the most important game for the rest of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT