ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs La Salle

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
📺 ACC Network
⏰ 7pm
📍 Cameron Indoor

I know we played Friday but it seems like weeks ago at this point.. Duke enters game two of the “challenge” against the 4-0 Explorers currently as a 26.5point favorite.

La salle is coached by.. drum roll please……. FRAN DUNPHY. To say I was surprised to find this out might be an understatement. Fran is entering his second year here after a previous 13 year stint at Temple where he was a regular loser to Duke. Fran played baseball and basketball at la salle so this is one of those full circle moments

Duke should win with ease and we should get a good look from everyone again tonight. My hope is getting powers PT and get him going tonight.

Duke-84
La Salle- 60

Duke wins and the bench gets more playing time

Growing up LaSalle had some great teams. They had a team in the late '60s that was ranked #2 but couldn't play in the NCAA tournament due to a recruiting violation. I would have loved to see that team play in the tournament because they were fast and really good. Coached by Tom Gola who is an all time great.

Reactions: christophero
Stewart with very good minutes again. Kid makes an impact. Excited to see him by ACC play. I wonder if Jon is fully committed to the 3 guard offense? Still would like to see us go bigger sometimes with

Proctor
Roach
Mitchell
Stewart
Filipowski

Guess the shooting in the last game was an anomaly. Let's get it together in the second half.

Had to stop watching live but seems like proctor, Stewart and Mitchell are the best players so far.

Reactions: Duke Blu
Not overly impressed tonight . Flip was the best player on the floor and took him a while and a couple fouls to get going .

It’s a win but still a lot to work on with this group .

Was behind all night.. first half was rough second half awesome.. Stewart’s a baller! Glad to see powers get some shots in as well

Crazies are super pathetic. Maybe K will cuss them out

Reactions: youngman42
I don’t like the officiating at all. They need to let them play a little bit. If the conference gets officiated similar to tonight, we are screwed come March.

Reactions: youngman42
Just didn't feel like an almost 30 point win compared to the 30 point win vs Bucknell. Maybe it's just me?

I know it has been mentioned before, but I want to just state again how shitty the Crazies are. The energy isn't there at all.

Absolutely. I noticed it in the Arizona game. Someone should call them out. I noticed that in the second half on D only about half of them were jumping up and down or cheering intensely and the rest were standing there watching. Not near as loud either.

Very disappointing.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT