ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Cuse

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
⏰ 9:00
📺 ESPN
📌 Cameron

ACC play is officially here(let’s forget the GT debacle) and Duke will host the orange and first year head coach Adrian Autry who replaces famous Cameron tantrum thrower Jimmy B. The Cuse come into Cameron with a 10-3 record however they are a 14.5 point underdog to our blue devils. With their biggest win coming against Pitt I’m sure the orange would like to get the W tonight to help that resume

Judah mintz (sounds like a good name for a candy) is still cooking for the orange with a team high 19.2 ppg, 3.8 assist, and 2.2 steals. Getting him back was key for coach autry who has been on the Cuse bench since 11-12 season.

Prediction- Jon has us ready to roll as McCain comes out on 🔥 again

Duke- 88
Cuse-60

If we continue to shoot well and play aggressive defense, we win!! GO DUKE!!

OFC

Duke wins .
I feel like shey. Duke wins. However, this 'Cuse team has quality guards not only in Mintz(their best), but also Starling and a bigger guard in Copeland(they can play three guards like Duke).

Benny Williams is the great question mark. Does he play like the highly coveted blue chipper recruited two years ago? When he does, 'Cuse is at a higher level.

I see a track meet in store for tonite. Duke, 91-87.

OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
Syracuse looked real good against Pitt, so I'm expecting this to be tight. I hope integrating Proctor back goes smooth. The guys in his absence were really starting to click. And I hope that Mitchell's dad's tweet doesn't affect the team either.

We should win, especially at home. A loss would feel like a step back after Baylor.
Duke 79
Cuse 71

I feel like shey. Duke wins. However, this 'Cuse team has quality guards not only in Mintz(their best), but also Starling and a bigger guard in Copeland(they can play three guards like Duke).

Benny Williams is the great question mark. Does he play like the highly coveted blue chipper recruited two years ago? When he does, 'Cuse is at a higher level.

I see a track meet in store for tonite. Duke, 91-87.

OFC
Does anyone have better guards than Duke? 5 deep.

Damn I just realized with boeheim retiring this year, it meant that there isn’t a team that runs a zone full time anymore.

A little piece of basketball died when he retired 🥲

Man where is that offensive movement from Baylor that we saw? It really sucks that we did it once and went completely away from it. We’re lucky that Syracuse isn’t very good. Not finishing well today at all.

Figured this might be a tight one. Syracuse has good guards.
We are 0-9 from 3? Yikes.

We are having a hard time with Proctor back. The flow the team had while he was out has been disrupted. Our play shows.
Flip had another one of his awful first halves. You can’t play if you’re picking up cheap fouls. You’re needed big fella.

Thank God for Mitchell. His dad’s tweet seemed to have lit a fire under him.

Feels like the kind of game that could get away since we are letting Cuse hang around.

I think our guards hit some threes and we win by 12.

Great minutes by Mark!

Mr Flip?? Please check in big guy. We need you!!

Flip is getting stupid fouls but JWill said it best , “ teams want Flip off the floor and are going to attempt to get him in foul trouble !”
We went very stagnant at points not moving the ball and it showed to Cuse favor .

I thought Syracuse was weak in the frontcourt. Flip has zero points?
Mitchell with a great first half.
We are either gonna blow this open or let them hang around. I prefer the first option.

Reactions: Mac9192
I peeked at the Syracuse board today and they said the key to the game was getting Flip in foul trouble. Mission accomplished so far. And Young has 3. Stewart has 2, and Reeves is once again out. I think we win, but we are playing with fire a bit.
Good start to half 2.

Reactions: sheyduke
Flip is more assertive and if Duke lands that Center from over seas Reeves is gone . Burnt a red shirt no play time and has stayed injured this season a change of scenery might do him good because he’s always n dress clothes .

I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
Syracuse plus 11 on rebounds? That's not good.

Flip is more assertive and if Duke lands that Center from over seas Reeves is gone . Burnt a red shirt no play time and has stayed injured this season a change of scenery might do him good because he’s always n dress clothes .
Do we know why he isn't playing?

Now this is the Mitchell we expected this year.
it was a playoff game, but the Texas gameday football forum had over a hundred pages of posts. And that was in game.

Reactions: jamsession2
Like others have said, that was a really good second half. Great ball movement. I may be critical at times on Flip, but the kid doesn’t quit. From a first half that his face could have been put on a milk carton, to a second half where he was so freaking solid.

And Jon can coach.

Good win. Nice to see Mitchell playing with confidence. Flip has to learn to stop committing dumb fouls. If Syracuse was decent, we would have been down at the half.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT