ADVERTISEMENT

Are y'all saying Duke will beat Kentucky @ the Dance. WELL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

12375CAT

Cameron Crazy
Feb 15, 2012
1eddc11e-1c62-4e75-b831-a7ac3e919bd7_zpsc22350bd.jpg

I won't say Duke would win, but I think they are the only team that can. Now. go back to your shack and drink homemade shine

Duke CAN beat anybody. What they do is anybody's guess. One of the best and most talented teams I have ever seen lost in the second round to a bunch of nobody's. That was UNC with Stackhouse, Wallace, McInnis and a bunch of upperclassmen who had won a chip. Who knows...

Originally posted by dadecodevil:
Duke CAN beat anybody. What they do is anybody's guess. One of the best and most talented teams I have ever seen lost in the second round to a bunch of nobody's. That was UNC with Stackhouse, Wallace, McInnis and a bunch of upperclassmen who had won a chip. Who knows...
That's not true. Wallace and Steakhouse didn't win a chip. UNC won it in 93, well before them and then in 2005 and 09 well after they left

We can beat Kentucky. Not more than they would beat us....but we can beat them.

Honestly, UK doesn't scare me right now because we'd have a ways to go worry about them. And in case you haven't noticed, we're not in position to really take anyone for granted and be looking ahead.

We may not even play UK so I'm not concerned until that happens. OFC

Originally posted by dukiejay:
What?
Do y'all remember the UNLV game @ the '91 Dance.

What is the difference between the '15 UK

&

the '91 UNLV.

Get it?

WELL?

1eddc11e-1c62-4e75-b831-a7ac3e919bd7_zpsc22350bd.jpg

This post was edited on 2/28 9:36 PM by 12375CAT

I am going to go ahead and say that if this was that and here was there, somebody would win a game.

Originally posted by GTHC, GTH!:

Originally posted by dadecodevil:
That's not true. Wallace and Steakhouse didn't win a chip. UNC won it in 93, well before them and then in 2005 and 09 well after they left
Read his post again. He didn't say anything about those two being on the '93 championship team.

Kentucky has great size and capable shooters. I thought Arkansas was going to give Kentucky a fight. Do I think they can win it all yes, do I think the weakness of the SEC contributes to this feeling of invincibility yes. Kentucky beat up on a Lousville team but so have others. Kentucky beat up on Carolina but feel that Carolina can put up a better fight if given another opportunity. Kentucky has great players coming off the bench as well so they can absorb a player or two not having a good night.

Originally posted by gabem:
Kentucky has great size and capable shooters. I thought Arkansas was going to give Kentucky a fight. Do I think they can win it all yes, do I think the weakness of the SEC contributes to this feeling of invincibility yes. Kentucky beat up on a Lousville team but so have others. Kentucky beat up on Carolina but feel that Carolina can put up a better fight if given another opportunity. Kentucky has great players coming off the bench as well so they can absorb a player or two not having a good night.
Kentucky's defense is the reason why they are the overwhelming favorite. Their offense is good, but their defense travels and is pretty much a constant.

Duke can score and has against everyone this year, so it would be a fun matchup.

Eric Montross, Derrick Phelps, and Donald Williams were the upperclassmen who won a championship that I spoke of.

That 91 UNLV had three guys that were instant starters and impact players in the NBA. This Kentucky team has ONE player that will actually get minutes in the NBA next year. I dont see Towns getting more than 10 points a game next year though. He needs to build up some strength. As for the rest of these guys, they will be pine riding, and waving the rally towel from the end of the bench.

I think the biggest thing in these Kentucky - Duke conversations is, flat out, Kentucky wants to meet and beat Duke in a big game (National Championship?), in hopes that it will be called "the greatest game ever played"?!!
Sorry, doesn't matter how it comes out, even if they meet, the greatest game in College BB history has already been played, and I think you know who won!!! Here endeth the lesson!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

dadecodevil I want some of your kool aid. I think UK has at least four players that WILL see minutes in the NBA next season. Maybe not as many minutes as Okafor but they will play considerable minutes.

ofc

Name the four. I think Lyles will be a very good player eventually, but I do not see him making an instant impact. The guards are all decent, but which of them do you see as starters next year. Its not about Kentucky's players as much as it is about the NBA. Impact rookies are the exception, not the rule. Last, Cauley Stein I think will be about as good as Nerlens Noel this year, what kind of numbersis he putting up?

What's the deal with this big12 business? Isn't kentucky in the SEC? And speaking of the SEC, do they have any teams that are ranked other than kentucky? I guess I could look it up but who cares anyway.

I never said any of them would start in the NBA next year. I said they will see considerable minutes. Johnson, Lyles, Harrison, Harrison and Cauley Stein, and don't they have another two or three. They are all very good athletic basketball players that are only going to get better with age.

ofc

Yea, this clown doesn't even know which conference they're in....

OFC

Originally posted by 12375CAT:
Originally posted by dukiejay:
What?
Do y'all remember the UNLV game @ the '91 Dance.

What is the difference between the '15 UK

&

the '91 UNLV.

Get it?

WELL?

ec

This post was edited on 2/28 9:36 PM by 12375CAT
Last time i checked we dont have Anthony, Johnson, Augmon or Hunt on this team and Duke dont have Leattner, Hurley or Hill on their team...If we even play and thats a big if because were gonna be in opposite brackets its this years cats against this years bluedevils and nothing thats happened in the past will effect this game. Ill just say we had to listen to Arkansas fans all week about how their ranked 18, have the best team since 1995, beat us 3 times in a role, Portis will be the best player on the court etc etc. Well we lead by 11 a few minutes in, 16 by halftime and 31 in the early second half. Could we have a bad game sure but i dont think all 9 players are going to have bad games at the same time and our defense has been their all year long i just dont see it going away for some mysterious reason.

Kentucky hasn't faced a Jahlil Oafafor and a Justise Winslow this year. These guys are arguably the best pros on either team. Kentucky is deep and undefeated and all. I know. But, I promise you that they haven't faced anything like Duke so far. With the ability to score from 4 spots at the same time and from deep and down low.

Kentucky has a weak schedule and conference. That will hurt them in the dance, where they will get their first and most disappointing loss of the season. Will it be Duke? Who knows?

We've been talking about KY's weak schedule/conference hurting them in the dance ever since Cal took over there and I think it's safe to see they've been doing quite well for themselves overall.

I think Duke can beat Kentucky, yes. Duke has a knack for playing up to their competition this year. Quinn, Tyus, Winslow, and Jah are all better against Kentucky's matches, imo.

Having said that, KY has too much depth for us. Oak is better than Towns and Stein but the two of them together could wear him down/cause him to foul out. And like I said, they just have more guys to throw at us. I couldn't see Marshall or Grayson hardly getting any minutes at all.

Originally posted by GTHC, GTH!:
Kentucky hasn't faced a Jahlil Oafafor and a Justise Winslow this year. These guys are arguably the best pros on either team. Kentucky is deep and undefeated and all. I know. But, I promise you that they haven't faced anything like Duke so far. With the ability to score from 4 spots at the same time and from deep and down low.
As a Kentucky fan, I'll worry about playing Duke this season if and when that time comes. That said, I feel that Cook has played like a first team All American this season. Dude has hit big shot after big shot and has been the one player who I haven't seen rattled.

Why argue? IF, big if, Kentucky ends up playing Duke, it's anybody's ball game. Both teams are playing awesome.

I think kentucky's played a pretty light slate this year. I also think it won't matter. One matchup I want to see is a sweet 16 between Wichita state and Kentucky. That would be juicy.

Originally posted by crossoveryp:
Mpm. The SEC is extremely weak this season. Moreso than previous years.
The SEC is actually stronger than it has been in previous years, hence the projection of 6 teams getting in.

I'd like to see the game happen at some point. I won't comment on weak schedules or talent levels. The truth is that the Wildcats are loaded with tons of talent, especially in that front court. It would be an interesting matchup because of the depth and talent in their frontcourt and our depth and talent in the backcourt. I would worry about interior defense, but I think that our backcourt and Justise could balance that.

Overall, I think it would be a great matchup if both teams are playing at their best.

Am I the only one that sees this guy for the troll he is?

Originally posted by Showenuff:
Why argue? IF, big if, Kentucky ends up playing Duke, it's anybody's ball game. Both teams are playing awesome.
This is exactly right. "IF" this happens they would play and one would win. UK would be the favorite to win. However Duke would have as good of a chance (if not better) to beat UK as any of the other top teams.

Originally posted by Another#1Dukie:
Originally posted by straykat:
Why is a K-Stater starting a thread about Kentucky on a Duke board???
chairshot.r191677.gif
Agree with this ^^^! WTF?!
He trolled the football board a lot last year as well.

Lets hope the matchup happens, but I highly doubt it will. Made for tv finals almost never happened. Uconn V Kentucky last year proves that. Was Uconn a 6 seed and Kentucky an 8? You never know how the ball bounces in March.

Originally posted by straykat:
Why is a K-Stater starting a thread about Kentucky on a Duke board???
chairshot.r191677.gif
There is very little to do in Manhattan. If the farm animals aren't in the mood, then it's off to the internet for some trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT