ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Equals NIT

NCDomer1

Recruit
Sep 23, 2005
How does the preseason number one team with fiour of their five starters coming back who were in the final two last year under achieve this bad. How does a bunch of juniors and seniors are an 8 and 8 team in the ACC.
UNC has to win out and make some noise in the ACC tourney or they are done.

Here is Gary’s post following State today. He STILL blames the refs😂😂😂😂😂

...and this will be very short.

In fairness, there were some encouraging things at the outset, like commiting to transition and utilizing enough bench to stay fresh, that again in fairness SHOULD have garnered us a double-digit halftime lead, one that we were largely zebraed out of. But with all that said, there's still the key problems that keep reappearing... and ended up finally blowing up in our faces ---- not finishing thru contact, not enough rebounding effort and help for Mando, not speeding up an opponent who doesn't like that, missing passing opportunities and cutters, having a tired backcourt from a dearth of second-half subbing, etc etc.... and the personnel issues. I had hoped for a starting lineup change at the 4, but nope. And trying to play Seth at the 1? Not a good idea at this stage.

I know we're all unhappy with what we're seeing, And right now I have no idea if any of this gets turned around this season, but what I do know is I'm not spending any more energy on this today. I have more important things to do, and I also have little patience with the usual suspects who will use every opportunity to push coaching-change nonsense. I have been the first to say that the staff is not having a good season, and I'll comment on what I think needs to be fixed, but using current woes to push tired anti-UNC-family agendas is just a waste of a keyboard.

Othar than that. vent away... L8er.”

Met a few Gary's in my life time and they honestly can't help themselves. They have no life other than their passion for the team they have attached themselves to and they cannot actually lose in a fairly called game. Most have an IQ of a raisin. Thus we have Gary's dwelling among us.

Heels have zero quad one wins. They really need to beat Virginia and win out.

They’re in big trouble and they know it but I’ll never count them out until the fat lady has belted out a few tunes. Especially since there is enough opportunities in front of them to still solidify a bid. Even if the rest of their regular season went South there’s always the ACC Tournament.

I said it earlier, but I hate this thread being here. When or if they don't make it in, create a thread about it if you want to. Plus, Duke has to get in first. Why are we clowning on them when we need to win some more games to solidify our place in the big dance? I'm only worried about Duke; screw those baby blue pricks.

Last edited:
Duke is ranked 36th in the latest AP poll, so a loss to Louisville is not advisable. It would pretty much negate Saturday's progress. So I don't care how much we win by; as long as we win. Interesting that both Capel and Collin's teams are ranked ahead of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingbluedevil
Duke is ranked 36th in the latest AP poll, so a loss to Louisville is not advisable. It would pretty much negate Saturday's progress. So I don't care how much we win by; as long as we win. Interesting that both Capel and Collin's teams are ranked ahead of us.
Both have veteran players so it really don’t surprise me and didn’t North western just beat two top ten teams ?

I can tell you they lose to ND or FSU their ass is history hehehe. I got a feeling though that last game against us is gonna weigh heavy…And I think some payback is in order AT that sh!t hole . Nothing sweeter than completely knocking them out of the whole thing and removing all doubt about it! Then if them pricks smell a chance to run the table in the acc tournament beat them mfs again in that! I think that holds more weight than say us beating Roy in his last home game(I couldn’t care less about that accolade) Or getting bailed out in the final four by the refs, and losing anyway in the title game. Yeaaa the final four stings but everybody on gods creation with any lick of sense knows we got hosed in that game AS WELL. Pitiful reffing across all sports lately . No integrity left

Reactions: Devilinside
I used the wrong word. They didn’t get bailed out. They had a fkn 6th man from start to finish! My bad

As i double checked, hell they got to run the table! Never happen ✌️

Regardless, I think that we can all agree that they are in serious danger. IC and THR are hot messes. Not only are a great many of them calling for HD's head but some are hoping for HS reclasses. This after years of snarky comments about Duke and ONDs.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
The NCAA tournament maybe used to be about basketball but it's now nothing more than a way to make advertising dollars and like it or not, UNC brings in a LOT of viewers. If they're over .500 they'll be in the tournament. No doubt about it.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Play in game, but they need a few more wins. Maybe 2 wins in ACC tournament.

Getting to the championship game last year is probably one of the worst things to happen to UNC (if you think Davis is really not a great coach). It bought him time to keep this job for a while.

Reactions: 9dukejames
I think that he will be given at least until the end of the 2025 season but if he hasn't shown success by then, he will be well and truly on the hot seat. True or not, the Cheats are going to think that they can get any coach in the nation. Pitchforks will be taken even to "family".

I think that he will be given at least until the end of the 2025 season but if he hasn't shown success by then, he will be well and truly on the hot seat. True or not, the Cheats are going to think that they can get any coach in the nation. Pitchforks will be taken even to "family".
This and many wanted Wes Miller instead of Hubert. However, Wes hasn't been spectacular at Cincinnati.

Seems like an unhappy team. They may experience a mass exodus this year like us last year.

Hubert had his team handed to him last year pretty much out side Manek . He got them to playing well and this year I think the hype got to them . Next season should they have a mass exodus like Chris said you will truly be able to see How Davis coaches with his own players . That’s why I’m glad Jon only had Roach snd Blakes return . These are all his players so now he can see how he needs to tweak recruiting , work they portal, see his type of style he wants to play .

I like Bacons comment on a few players came back but not for this. If you do not want to be here for practice than go home. This sends a message the head coach should be sending to the team. Call it tough love. Call it anything you want to call it. HB needs to send a strong message scholarships are going to get pulled

I like Bacons comment on a few players came back but not for this. If you do not want to be here for practice than go home. This sends a message the head coach should be sending to the team. Call it tough love. Call it anything you want to call it. HB needs to send a strong message scholarships are going to get pulled
Why do we care about a tar holes words about his team on this board or what message Davis sends his players ?

It's a strange situation. They made the championship game, now they are a mess. I guess Davis gets 2 more years? They have the talent to pull it together, but they have serious chemistry issues. And I imagine they will lose a lot next year.

They’re going to win out the regular season and get into the ncaa’s. I sense s16 or e8 for them, obviously depending on matchups.

They’re going to win out the regular season and get into the ncaa’s. I sense s16 or e8 for them, obviously depending on matchups.
If they do so, ESPN and ACC NET will have 'em so hyped they'll get a no.1 seed and draw a first ever bye to the Sweet 16.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

OFC

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
I think the NC State and NC games will tell us a lot about our team. One to beat a top 25 team that blew us out at their place, the other to beat a preseason top 5 team at their place and knock them out of the tournament. My head tells me we split; but win both and this team could be special. First we need to beat VT tomorrow; and I think we will. Proctor and Lively have been slowly improving; it has made a difference.

Last edited:
I think the NC State and NC games will tell us a lot about our team. One to beat a top 25 team that blew us out at their place, the other to beat a preseason top 5 team at their place and knock them out of the tournament. My head tells me we split; but win both and this team could be special. First we need to beat VT tomorrow; and I think we will. Proctor and Lively have been slowly improving; it has made a difference.
Chris nice post, and as you noted "First we need to beat VT." OFC

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT