ADVERTISEMENT

Question about ESPN/ACCNETWORK

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
It's to my understanding that the ACCNETWORK will begin this summer. My question is will it be part of ESPN's package at the fee subscribers are paying now or is ESPN going to have extra fees for us ACC to see ACC games ? OFC

It's to my understanding that the ACCNETWORK will begin this summer. My question is will it be part of ESPN's package at the fee subscribers are paying now or is ESPN going to have extra fees for us ACC to see ACC games ? OFC
I’ve been wondering the same thing because I imagine that a majority of our games will be on the new ACC Network with the exception of a few big games like the Duke/UNC games.

The way I believe it will work is.....it depends on your location.
If you live in an "ACC-area" definitely North Carolina, than it will be at no additional charge with your package.
I, for example, live in an area where I get the SEC-Network (unfortunately) for free, but am required to pay for the Big-Ten Network and will be required to pay extra for the ACC.

We are Duke, Duke is a national brand, we will still have most of our games on ESPN like always. Once the ACC Network is established, we may have an extra game or 2 on there, but it won't be anything drastic.
This year Duke has 28 regular season games on ESPN. Maybe it'll drop to 25 once the ACC Network goes live.

The way I believe it will work is.....it depends on your location.
If you live in an "ACC-area" definitely North Carolina, than it will be at no additional charge with your package.
I, for example, live in an area where I get the SEC-Network (unfortunately) for free, but am required to pay for the Big-Ten Network and will be required to pay extra for the ACC.

We are Duke, Duke is a national brand, we will still have most of our games on ESPN like always. Once the ACC Network is established, we may have an extra game or 2 on there, but it won't be anything drastic.
This year Duke has 28 regular season games on ESPN. Maybe it'll drop to 25 once the ACC Network goes live.

I hope you are right jwill. Talking about sucking if they do its just not right. OFC

Hopefully it's included. If not, there's about a 100% chance I'll get it anyway. If I can make a little effort to get the Big Ten Network, ain't nothing stopping me from getting the ACCNetwork.

I bet the only games we have on ACCN will be the ones that are on raycom or FSN now. Also our preseason games will prob be on there

I use an antenna and subscribe to Sling. I just talked to them about the ACCNETWORK and was told when the network starts there will be no more additional fees. The rep also took me through on how to get the ACCNETWORK right now and I have it on my Sling format. Just for those who wanted to know. I'm feel this will be the same way for cable and dish customers through espn. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT