ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Dybantsa

bmbritt

Cameron Crazy
Feb 5, 2003
With him reclassifying from 2026 to 2025, will be interesting to see how quickly we ramp up his recruitment. Conversations between him and the Duke staff have ramped up with news of his reclassification. I wonder if by us recruiting AJ, Peat, Meleek Thomas, Caleb Wilson, and Jalen Haralson at full tilt could put pressure on Cameron & Cayden Boozer to make a decision earlier vs playing this game that they’re doing now by discussing every potential college choice not named Duke.

The 2025 class is absolutely loaded at SF, PF, SG. It’s thin at PG and very thin at Center. It’s pretty clear that we recruit and get to the NBA more forwards than any other school. We’re not taking a PG in the 2024 class to my knowledge, as the assumption is Foster will come back for his Sophomore year. We will need to get a transfer portal PG; start recruiting a 2025 PG; or take a combo guard like Meleek Thomas that you think can handle the position.

The key is getting Foster and/or McCain back. Outside of that, the '25 class looks loaded.

I don't think Foster will get enough minutes to show readiness for the next level and McClain may make more money at Duke than as a late first or early second round draft choice.

I don't think Foster will get enough minutes to show readiness for the next level and McClain may make more money at Duke than as a late first or early second round draft choice.
McCain is already popping up early first round to lottery in some drafts and Foster will get enough burn to showcase his skills . If I had to pick a weakness for both right now. McCain’s size and Foster his defense . But that right now without a game being played .

It's hard to say if this years returnees is a new trend or an exception. Guess we will find out.

Reactions: sheyduke
McCain is already popping up early first round to lottery in some drafts and Foster will get enough burn to showcase his skills . If I had to pick a weakness for both right now. McCain’s size and Foster his defense . But that right now without a game being played .
Desperately need either Proctor or Foster back so that we have PG for next season. Theoretically, you could put McCain at PG and Knueppel at SG. Otherwise, we will have to go to the portal. We don’t really have a PG target in ‘24 or ‘25 that hasn’t already committed elsewhere or we’ve offered.

I wonder if Duke is thinking it might have to offer the smaller Boozer twin in order to get Cameron.

I wonder if Duke is thinking it might have to offer the smaller Boozer twin in order to get Cameron.
Carlos said they were a package deal in a previous DBR podcast.

Desperately need either Proctor or Foster back so that we have PG for next season. Theoretically, you could put McCain at PG and Knueppel at SG. Otherwise, we will have to go to the portal. We don’t really have a PG target in ‘24 or ‘25 that hasn’t already committed elsewhere or we’ve offered.
Is Maleek Thomas a PG? Jalen Haralson?

Carlos said they were a package deal in a previous DBR podcast.
I heard that, and was surprised, given Carlos’ earlier and frequent statements that they needed to go to the school that best fit them.

Proctor , IMO doesn’t return . He’s in the lottery and this draft is weak which is also why I mention Foster and McCain may leave . If Flagg is slotted as a sf in the recruit rankings could the re class of the Boozer twins not be so far fetched that was mentioned by a cbs college analyst as something to watch ?

Foster and McCain may not return after this year, they both look like studs and could easily garner attention from NBA scouts. I personally wouldn't bet on them returning unless Jon has really changed the culture. After Steward, I have little hope for anyone staying multiple years regardless of performance. I hope they each stay, I think they could really boost their stock if they stay, plus they would get to play with Flagg (potentially) and we would be a great team.

Now, if they don't stay, then we do have options. Edgecombe doesn't seem to be making a decision for awhile, so he could be waiting to see what happens with Foster and McCain, and Harper doesn't seem like as much of a Rutgers lock as he did a few months ago. Both of those options are still on the table. Plus Roach still has a year of eligibility if he wants to take his COVID year, so he could even come back next year. Those options, combined with the presence of Schutt, Blakes (though I do not want him starting), and the portal give me ease about the situation

I love Foster as a future PG. I can see no reason why Harper is waiting unless it's to see who leaves at Duke. I don't see McCain leaving because of the NIL money he can make on campus, but if he does, I think Harper becomes more realistic.

Flagg will play Singler's position if he comes: "winner".

Reactions: bullcity gamer
The 2024 draft is super weak . It is the reason a lot of players returned to school. McCain is already early to late lottery I’m done drafts and by the way he’s being talked about will only strengthen his stock should he play well this season along with Foster . It’s all going to depend on how they play and the season goes .

I think atleast one returns. The fact jon has recruited so lightly at PG, tells me he feels strong about the possibility. Unless he hits the portal strong, but he hasn't shown to be a player in the portal as much as other programs.

I'd be happy with one of Foster/McCain back. But based on what I've read from NBA scouts they could both be first round picks. Depends on how the next 6 months play out of course. Proctor and Flip are definitely gone and probably Mitchell. But I'm thrilled to have year two of those guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT