ADVERTISEMENT

Official games day thread- Duke vs Vermont- NCAA tournament

Maybe its unfair but Flip cannot have another offensive game like this again. I know he has rebounded, i know he has blocked shots but we need him to be one of the best in the country and he has to want it. I wish Leattner was a coach on this bench. He has to be a mean SOB
Flip wasn’t the problem in this game. His passes have led to a lot of great shots for Duke. Who cares if he scored 3 points? The bad is dumb turnovers and bad offensive possessions

We win by 17 but we looked absolutely terrible . The only reason we won is because Vermont is even worse at scoring than we are. James Madison, who I’m projecting to win, will give this team fits

Flip wasn’t the problem in this game. His passes have led to a lot of great shots for Duke. Who cares if he scored 3 points? The bad is dumb turnovers and bad offensive possessions
Both things can be true. We are going to play games that if we don’t turn it over and he passes well, we will NOT win with him scoring 3 points on .00000123 attempts

I’m sorry Scheyer is extremely boring to listen to. No energy at all….

If you are an NBA GM and watched that....would you draft Flip? He needs to come back...but wont.....should gain muscle, refine his game and dominate next year...but wont come back...

Not for long.....
I don’t care about next year. He is capable of more this year. He is capable of taking this team to another level. We have seen it from him, even in losses. This is tournament time. Your best have to be great.

Watched them in person vs App State. The Edwards kid is good, but other than him we match up better at every other position. We will beat JMU by 15 plus if we play them. They play at a much faster pace than Wisconsin, which will favor us.
Agreed. No one is easy in the 2nd round but I'd rather JMU

Jon, my guy. I love you man. But DUDE, this is not a half court team. We are kind of small and we have to have opportunities to score in transition. If we have to score in the half court fine, run it through Flip, but when we can we have to take the opportunity to run. It would help our guards get easier shots from deep, develop a rhythm, and help us pull away.

JMU can really score and they play super fast. We would also potentially have a serious foul problem because we play no bench.

Ryan couldn’t play in this game at all…..

JMU can really score and they play super fast. We would also potentially have a serious foul problem because we play no bench.

Ryan couldn’t play in this game at all…..
We will just have to watch and see. I still think Wisconsin controls the pace and game.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT