ADVERTISEMENT

Official games day thread- Duke vs Vermont- NCAA tournament

The two shot they hit at the end of the half is not a good omen for us winning.

That’s the crazy shit that happens when we lose.

Reactions: youngman42
We don’t play the bench either….if Blake’s is the only one getting solid minutes these guys are going to wear down.

Regardless we are not going far playing six guys. If we didn’t have foul trouble we probably don’t sub at all.

Ryan and Stewart played like 2 min.

Reactions: christophero
Shooting is so inconsistent. We are such an inconsistent shooting team. Most of our good stats they discussed are in games we are relaxed and know we will win. But just can’t bring it when it’s on the line.

And we certainly know why Blakes gets so little time. Dude has bricks for hands with the ball.

One of the guards needs to hit three or four 3s the second half. We haven't shot the three ball well the last few games and thar has to change.

Reactions: sheyduke
And another weak finish to a half. Let’s regroup and start the second half strong. Flip will come out I. Beast mode.

Question... Why not use Stewart instead of Blakes? Just go with the big lineup. Almost similar type player except Stewart more athletic

I remember the days when Duke dictated the tempo of games… how times have changed.. I dont think its possible that this team could play any slower.

Brutal watch

Reactions: mbdfan and nboehman
Let’s go Duke. Are we asking too much to beat Vermont? Next up is James Madison or Wisconsin. We have a legitimate shot getting to the sweet 16. Miss Caleb was playing well but no so sure if we in a better position that much.

Blake was MIA at the end of the season, but let's play him in an elimination game in the NCAA. what is JS thinking? there is no semblance of logic to some of these decisions...not playing our size against these guys too??
The only reason I can think is Rese and McCain have two fouls, but I agree. He hadn't played in a long time so it's a very interesting move.

The only reason I can think is Rese and McCain have two fouls, but I agree. He hadn't played in a long time so it's a very interesting move.
we're more athletic and bigger...so use those qualities...vs. playing a guard who is rusty...smh...

Reactions: ioliva
We really need a PG that can control the game and break down defenses to create for others.

I thought Proctor would develop into that but he’s nothing more than a spot up 3pt shooter and an average one at that.

Reactions: Mac9192
He played Blakes because both Proctor and McCain had two fouls . Blakes did what he was supposed to except he didn’t pass the ball he turned it over after he stole the ball twice .

Not a good half at all. Let’s play Blakes and while we’re at it, load him up on the side with Flip. Where was Power?

Our guards need to realize just because you drive into the lane, that doesn’t mean you have to shoot it. You can pass out.

Jon was as tight as they were. I’m glad Mitchell can dunk a ball. He looks like an octopus flailing around. I’m sorry, but he’s as frustrating to watch as Blakes dribbling.

Let’s get our lead to double digits. We don’t need for Vermont to be hanging on or having the lead after the next 4 minutes.

Going into the half with a 5 point lead is absolutely pitiful. This team is talented, but they struggle so much with the little things. Those two steals were Blake’s lost the ball… you’re a junior guard and can’t dribble? Come on man

Ridiculously poor development on his part. Smh.

Vermont lost to NJ institute of technology....if we dont win it will be an absolute embarrassment! lol

Roach still hobbled is not good. Let's just win tonight. At least my man Blakes is playing. Our guards can't go 40 minutes.

We are playing like a bunch of freshmen and sophomores because we are. Can’t win that way. And the one quality upperclassman that we have is incapable of willing his team to victory. He just can’t takeover.

(Watch him do it now. Hope so!)

4 games we’ve lost this yr we shot 5/19, 4/16, 5/20, 6/22 from 3.

This team is immature and none of these guys really belong in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT