ADVERTISEMENT

Official games day thread- Duke vs Vermont- NCAA tournament

It’s like this team has no care or pride ! It’s like if they win great if they loose oh well!

We really needed those 3s. Hopefully it starts a huge run

It’s like this team has no care or pride ! It’s like if they win great if they loose oh well!

I think they want to but they are very immature and don’t really know how to play with intensity but also relaxed. That is a sign of immaturity. There ain’t no Battier on this team. Not even a sophomore Battier.

Their talent is AAU good. But not 3-4 year “fighting hard to be a college basketball player” talent. But what’s new there? Same thing for a decade.

We need separation. If it's a 2-possession game at the 4 minute mark God help us.

Ok anyone want to guess what the team only meeting was about ? I got a clue it was more about where they are getting drafted then playing as a team !

Ryan comes in plays good physical defense. Guy dribbles it off his foot and he dives on the floor….

And then we take him out….got his :20 of playing time.

• Haha
Reactions: christophero
It’s obvious staff has made a point to dive on the floor. Dudes are hustling right now. This feels different than unc and nc state.

Reactions: christophero
How do we get it . It’s like UNC and State all over again .
We need to penetrate and finish strong or kick to our shooters.

We don’t run squat on offense except stand there and hope the ball finds you.

We should pummel this team inside and that’s saying something because we suck inside.

Reactions: sheyduke
Good. Slap the ******* floor. Although we shouldn't have to do that vs Vermont. I'm guessing the Brotherhood disapproves of floor slapping. It doesn't look cool. Love to see Ryan diving on the floor.

Flip cant take a guy who is 5 inches smaller than him to the basket in the post....how is he going to beat players in the NBA?

Reactions: Duke Blu
Flip cant take a guy who is 5 inches smaller than him to the basket in the post....how is he going to beat players in the NBA?
Flip is waiting now for the double. Get the ball and attack before the double comes.

They have stood him up….

Scheyer should be telling him the same thing.

• Love
Reactions: Duke Blu
I’m not sure why anyone should be surprised at this game. This is how we’ve played all year long in games where the other team has been competitive.

And we are so young (in maturity, and not just age), as well as a dysfunctional team that relies on its raw talent to win. But that raw talent is inconsistent.

We will win this game, but not because we are a good team in anyway. Just bigger, faster, and more individually talented.

I just wish Roach would own the team…it’s his team! Play and act like it the entire game!

Reactions: jamsession2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT