ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- game 8- Duke Vs Purdont

This defense is infuriating…Scheyer can’t make in game adjustments.

We give up two wide open threes and our offensive look is a lively 3… impressive

Not seeing a gameplan for the Big Guy....nor any adjustment...so the outcome is predictable. A well organized and older team taking us to the woodshed so far...no surprise

Scheyer has the Coach K defensive complex…

My way is the way….screw it if it doesn’t work….I’m not changing it….it’s infuriating

Nothing you can do . Roach looking like he’s asking the rest of the team to help . This is just another game where this team must learn .

You can literally do a thousand things…

1) Double the post

2) Trap the ball up top

3) Run 900 different zones defenses…

What you can’t do is stay firm and watch us lose everyone with all the cutting….but alas we do just that.

We are just an average team until we start getting more out of Lively and Whitehead.

0-4 against the zone….basketball is a game of rhythm…

This too will also need changed…you have to continually adjust and make them think.

Yes it is…but it doesn’t take twenty five minutes to see what’s happening in the game.

I don’t disagree but it’s all very new for Jon he’s going to learn and we’ll be better for it.. this games far from over

You can stay in the zone too long also which I’m sure will happen….you have to change it up.

Our man is fine but then you have to change back…you disrupt the flow of the game.

I want to ask , everyone that said I was nit picking Grandison. What has he brought to the team against high competition?
I’d also let Reeves start the second to protect Lively down the stretch . Whitehead and Grandison need to step up .
Grandison was a late pick up for veteran leadership. If you followed U of I, his role was nothing like what is expected at Duke. He damn near played the 4 with Kofi in the lineup. He has not played the 2/3 in years! His voice is all you can ask for.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Young needs to figure out where the square is on the backboard. He's playing hard.

Who was saying something about Proctor? No Grandison was picked up because of his three point shooting and leadership. How has he shown Either?

Reactions: jamsession3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT