ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- game 8- Duke Vs Purdont

How good is Ohio State? I honestly don't know. A loss Wed. would not be good. Win and we're back on track.

Last edited:
I hear your point, its legitimate. However, there is a luxury to play with a 7'1 285lb center that commands a double (Eddy). Kofi allowed Grandison to shoot the 3pt with zero to no pressure. It didn't hurt to have Ayo and Curbelo.
But Duke has Roach and Proctor to go with Flip and Young.
This Duke team all respect is soft .

Come on now Jam. The man just played off his player and got lit up for a three he’s a fifth year senior! Catchings is 6’5” and legitimately played pf for Harvard is that a reason why he’s sitting on the bench ? Dukes guards play is going to be a work all year.
He’s sitting on the bench because he sucks. Dude couldn’t do anything at Harvard. Should have never been recruited to Duke it’s a joke.

Could have been a game possibly but it shouldn’t take twenty five minutes to make an adjustment.

The game was over before the half.

This team can’t score and you can’t give up almost fifty in the half….it was over there.

We competed though that’s about it…

But Duke has Roach and Proctor to go with Flip and Young.
This Duke team all respect is soft .
I can't say they are soft. They are a reflection of the modern game, that the average fans want to see, not those on this board. Mitchell needs to find a position, Whitehead get healthy, Lively eat some protein, and Flip develop a low post game.

They have to find an identity. Roach must lead these guys.

Mitchell's shot is so ugly.. Looks like he's aiming and pushing the ball towards the basket lol

Duke got outplayed by a team that is experience, strong and well coached. Eddy was not someone you could count on last year, but those practices with Big Tre Williams have paid off!

Screw defense.. if you can’t score you can’t win. Sit the soft players and give schutt a shot. At least he’s a pure shooter. This was brutal

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
He’s sitting on the bench because he sucks. Dude couldn’t do anything at Harvard. Should have never been recruited to Duke it’s a joke.
So is Grandison. He’s done nothing except D2 quality teams . This team better find an offensive identity.

So is Grandison. He’s done nothing except D2 quality teams . This team better find an offensive identity.
Hard to find an identity when nobody can throw the ball in the ocean outside two players.

I’m trying to remain wait and see on Whitehead but as of this moment the number one and two high school players look incredibly overrated…

Neither can score a lick….

Team is really lacking a couple go to scorers
Agreed. The make-up of this team is bizarre IMO. No elite guards, and this is a guards game. Roach has improved it seems but if he's the go to I think Duke may be in trouble. Flip seems to be the real deal though, dude plays hard!

Reactions: pisgah101
Can’t drive when everyone knows you can’t shoot…they collapse everything. There is nowhere to drive.

That’s good coaching.
What I meant was , you have to drive hard . Proctor was doing fine but then we went back to jump shooting . I won’t say this is on the coach you only get five time outs. If Roach is the captain he should know what offensive plays are being called .

Duke has to be able to shoot the ball better away from Cameron! Should have gave Schutt a shot especially when they went zone! Should have played Flip at the 5 with 4 perimeter players! Just do something different and should have double the big man with another big!

Duke has to be able to shoot the ball better away from Cameron! Should have gave Schutt a shot especially when they went zone! Should have played Flip at the 5 with 4 perimeter players! Just do something different and should have double the big man with another big!
I’ll ask again! What four shooters does Duke have that has proven to hit outside shots non- stop? Answer , None . Didn’t need to double team . Lively did good at first but it’s a forty minute game. I will say once Lively picked up two fouls Reeves should have came in just to save Flip.
Flip was depleted at the end of this game . Him and Roach need constant help to give them a breather from having to be the only two scorers for Duke !

I’ll ask again! What four shooters does Duke have that has proven to hit outside shots non- stop? Answer , None . Didn’t need to double team . Lively did good at first but it’s a forty minute game. I will say once Lively picked up two fouls Reeves should have came in just to save Flip.
Flip was depleted at the end of this game . Him and Roach need constant help to give them a breather from having to be the only two scorers for Duke !
I’ll rather have Grandison, Roach and Schutt out there rather than Blakes shooting corner 3s off the side of the backboard! Lol

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT