ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke Vs UVA

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Gameday! Excited or nervous? I guess it depends who you are. Game is scheduled for ESPN at 4pm at JPJ and Pisgah will miss it live due to two birthday parties.. joy to be me today LOL. Virginia is favored at time of writing by 6points

We all know what to expect from UVA.. exceptional defense, add that to our scoring troubles and droughts we might not score 30 points. This is our opportunity to get our biggest win of the season in a hostile environment. Can we rise to the occasion? Virginia is coached by a national champion, and arguably one of the best coaches in the game so I have no doubt they will be ready for us. One thing of note we do historically have a lot of success against UVA at least since they’ve been good we haven’t had any Miami, nc state, vt moments against them

Prediction-
Tough tough game to follow Miami but my hope is Jon has them ready.. that being said I don’t see a win on the road against a really solid team

Duke-52
UVA-56

Reactions: christophero
UVA- 62
Duke - 60

Hard fought game but I can’t see Duke winning given their turnovers and Virginia is going to pressure Dukes guards and get into the passing lanes .

I have no idea how we score unless we go crazy from three…that’s the only way I can see this being competitive.

We might not score 50 pts today.

UVA by 12+

Reactions: sheyduke
I actually like that UVA plays slow. Even if we hit that inevitable scoring drought they aren’t going to jump up 20 on us in the first half. Keep it close til the end and we have a chance.

Duke 56
UVA 54

This does feel like the type of statement game coach K would win. This win would make up for Monday. I'll pick a close win. I think the team will battle after being beat up in the national media all week. Even if we lose a close one I want to see our fight.
Duke 63
Virginia 62

Duke seems to somewhat mirror the way Jeremy plays. I say he flips the switch today, and we do just enough to win.Scheyer has had 5 days to get us ready. #NoExcuses

This will soften the blow of an inevitable UNC romp over Clemson. Watch for 2 fouls in first three minutes on P.J. Hall in the NoseDome.

Duke-64, UVA-61

OFC

UVA defense and organization vs our inconsistent shooting and youth...writes itself as a prediction i think. However, following the eternal optimism of Danthedukefan :) ...a Duke win by 3..in a low scoring game 60-57

Reactions: hart2chesson
An unusual amount of optimism for the game today. I don't know how I would handle another 20 point beatdown. I don't think that will happen though. Virginia is favored by 6.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Win or lose, if we come out completely flat and have no energy and get down 10+ in the first ten minutes I am going to be really disappointed. 5 days to prepare coming off a beat down with no rivalry win hangover. No excuses. Let’s show up to play!!

No getting the call inside on Flip was interesting....UVA is so fluid and efficient on offense we cant afford multiple empty trips

Looks like we are battling. Roach is playing well. Lively with 2 fouls. They are doubling Flip.

need to raise our basketball iQ....Flip...stop dribbling, mitchell...dont drive into a stationary defender...these arent difficult decisions...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT