ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke Vs UVA

Mfs are out for blood after that bologna. Duke was getting 6 points and lost by 7 in OT. Pile of money lost on that bs! The refs tipped toed out the building and haven’t been seen since 😂😂

Somebody said they started the clock early on the inbounds pass as well 😂😂 You can’t make this sh!t up

Mfs are out for blood after that bologna. Duke was getting 6 points and lost by 7 in OT. Pile of money lost on that bs! The refs tipped toed out the building and haven’t been seen since 😂😂
More I think if it, we weren't going to win that game unless everything went perfect. Refs had it out for us. Like I said earlier, they tried their hardest for UVA to cover the 6 by giving them so many free throws. Then the no foul at the end then all the charges in ot and the no call when Proctor lost the ball on the trap. At the end, UVA covered the -6.

More I think if it, we weren't going to win that game unless everything went perfect. Refs had it out for us. Like I said earlier, they tried their hardest for UVA to cover the 6 by giving them so many free throws. Then the no foul at the end then all the charges in ot and the no call when Proctor lost the ball on the trap. At the end, UVA covered the -6.
I’ve lost all faith in humanity lol. All the money pouring in do you think any 1 other than US fans, players, and coaches give a damn. The ACC statement said that pretty clearly. They know we'll continue to fill their pockets regardless. Wonder if they’got the audacity to send out another postcard telling coaches to be nice to the officials this week😂 I’d wipe my ass with it and return to sender . Take the fine and be fine . How about that statement!

And as for the charges! Somebody steps in front of my guys and falls over like they got shot by a sniper and gets called for a charge, I’m giving the order to get our moneys worth next time . Straight knee to the gut they won’t step in front again . Where’s all the flagrant fouls that were called in the preseason for doing it.? I’ve seen not 1. Some charges are warranted, most are bs. Im sick of seeing it period.

If a grown man has the audacity (some are 200 220 lb men) to run to get in front of a running player to fall on his ass like a little *****, I personally think they should be treated as though, and have to come out untill the next media timeout or stoppage to make sure they pass concussion protocol.😂 Sick of holding my breath EVERY SINGLE drive to the basket! Soft ass country anyway let’s make it softer! Ok I vented. That’ll be all :)

I guess that you have in mind this year's two horrendously bad calls involving Duke both influencing the outcomes of games. Usually, I prefer explanations that utilize human error such as heat of the moment or incompetence, but your stance is feasible. Corruption tends to find a way in wherever vast amounts of money are found. Decades ago, gambling and sports were often intertwined in criminal enterprises. It would not shock me if a new wave of scandals erupted.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I know there's a lot of anger and emotions over this. I'm pissed about it too. Sucks!

But, hey, I haven't seen this mentioned. How about kudos the staff for having an out of bounds play like that drawn up and ready to go (without a timeout) and for the team to execute it to perfection. That was a game winning play with 1.2 seconds left in a tie game by a very young team!

I know there's a lot of anger and emotions over this. I'm pissed about it too. Sucks!

But, hey, I haven't seen this mentioned. How about kudos the staff for having an out of bounds play like that drawn up and ready to go (without a timeout) and for the team to execute it to perfection. That was a game winning play with 1.2 seconds left in a tie game by a very young team!
That's a good point. As they ran the play it looked like nothing at all was going to come from it as it seemed the first option or two UVA was able to anticipate and shut down. Then out of nowhere Flip slips toward the basket and a perfect pass. It was a great play. People who've been shitting on Sheyer for big chunks of the season should at least acknowledge that.

That's a good point. As they ran the play it looked like nothing at all was going to come from it as it seemed the first option or two UVA was able to anticipate and shut down. Then out of nowhere Flip slips toward the basket and a perfect pass. It was a great play. People who've been shitting on Sheyer for big chunks of the season should at least acknowledge that.
It was a great play, but we never should have been in that position to start off with. We have the ball with 12 seconds left and inbound it to Whitehead which surprised no one, especially UVA. Whitehead was closely covered like a rug, and could not get a shot off without the ball being stripped from his hands with 1.2 seconds left. So, we were fortunate to have a chance to run the play to Flip. OFC

I’m still just disappointed Scheyer didn’t get a tech, get a fine, call it out postgame, name something…..

Everything about us just feels placid….no toughness from coaches, staff or players.
Reminds me of when Boeheim got what he believed to be a really bad call in Cameron and simply stormed off the floor right then, sending a very clear message. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
He draws some nice plays out of the timeouts. No doubt. He’s a very smart guy. Not elite but he does some things really well

You mean when he acted like a jackass?
Well, yea, to a lot of fans he was and is a jackass, but that misses the point. I am sure his players did not feel that way and and maybe even appreciated him having their backs. Not saying JON should have left the court, just that he should have been a whole lot more animated in raising hell with the refs. OFC

Reactions: KDSTONE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT