ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke Vs UVA

Don't tell me, tell the ACC. They're clearly the ones that don't know the rules and can benefit from your interpretation of said rules. They need to get their ish together and, clearly, you're the gal to set em straight.

Good luck.
I am not a Pitt supporter nor do identify as a gal.

Not from Pitt. Yes I am saying Acc office has got it wrong. I do not believe they considered all information and did not explore the wording of the rule that says specifically if Ball is "in flight"
Dumb@ss, there was still time and he was in the act of shooting. In flight refers to allowing a shooter to do a complete follow through and land. Or, if it was in flight, it could still result in and-1 and goaltending. Time stops as soon as a foul occurred. Since UVA could play and basically never got called for a foul, are you arguing the foul was on the floor and therefore no FT?It was issued like 6 hours after. Don’t you think the coordinated this with someone in the NCAA to try to say nothing and the call is correct?

Putting this all aside, it was a foul and shots on the floor. How in the f-ing world was their ever enough evidence to overturn that. And that has not been addressed.

I speak for everyone else and GTFO. After a tough game where Duke loss, not the time to go on another’s board when argue when only you, UVA fans, and probably Gottlieb agree. Hell, Cheat and most UVA fans are taking the “well Duke got all the calls for so many years BS line…

Last edited:
Dumb@ss, there was still time and he was in the act of shooting. In flight refers to allowing a shooter to do a complete follow through and land. Or, if it was in flight, it could still result in and-1 and goaltending. Time stops as soon as a foul occurred. Since UVA could play and basically never got called for a foul, are you arguing the foul was on the floor and therefore no FT?It was issued like 6 hours after. Don’t you think the coordinated this with someone in the NCAA to try to say nothing and the call is correct?

Putting this all aside, it was a foul and shots on the floor. How in the f-ing world was their ever enough evidence to overturn that. And that has not been addressed.

I speak for everyone else and GTFO. After a tough game where Duke loss, not the time to go on another’s board when argue when only you, UVA fans, and probably Gottlieb agree. Hell, Cheat and most UVA fans are taking the “well Duke got all the calls for so many years BS line…
Hey Dumb ass. The rule says ball in flight not player. What you are referencing has to do with giving jump shooter room to come down---that has nothing to do with this play. Oh. Screw your feelings.

Wrong. Not Pitt fan or troll. Just providing relevant information. Southbottom has to do where I live in my town. So Sherlock, find something else to ponder on.
Spending time on a Duke board trying to justify a foul, all on a Sunday morning…..quite a life you have😂

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Hey Dumb ass. The rule says ball in flight not player. What you are referencing has to do with giving jump shooter room to come down---that has nothing to do with this play. Oh. Screw your feelings.
Your like that Karen that is told by your boss to do something and you go “well doing this is better” and you do things your way and then b!tch and moan when your reprimanded or fired. Screw your feelings. The ACC says you are wrong. Interpret however the F you want. You’re wrong! So stand there in your wrongness and be wrong

Seinfeld Soup GIF

Reactions: GAAP
I’m still just disappointed Scheyer didn’t get a tech, get a fine, call it out postgame, name something…..

Everything about us just feels placid….no toughness from coaches, staff or players.

I thought the team showed fight, toughness, and heart in a tough environment against a top ten team on the road. Jon coached a damn good game. The players turned the ball over too much, we had foul trouble, and Flip had his worst game in a Duke uniform. And yet, they had themselves in position to get a monumental win on the road. Scheyer going to Flip in that last play of regulation showed how much faith he has in this team and him as a competitor. To have that opportunity to win the game that was earned ripped away by some known Duke hating ref is some Mickey Mouse bullshit.

I’m still just disappointed Scheyer didn’t get a tech, get a fine, call it out postgame, name something…..

Everything about us just feels placid….no toughness from coaches, staff or players.
I thought I was the only one hoping Scheyer would get a tech… not sure how they guys would’ve responded but I think he should’ve went for it! Either guys would’ve switched gears and ended up with a win or we still lose. On to the next!

Your like that Karen that is told by your boss to do something and you go “well doing this is better” and you do things your way and then b!tch and moan when your reprimanded or fired. Screw your feelings. The ACC says you are wrong. Interpret however the F you want. You’re wrong! So stand there in your wrongness and be wrong

Seinfeld Soup GIF
Cute and who are you again?

But the game aside, and this stings, but I would put usat above 50% chance to go into Chapel Hole on a 5-game winning streak. I think that will give us a double bye (and anything can happen with a top-4seed) and if Pitt keeps winning, we could have a very important tie breaker as beat them. But of the 4 teams who legitimately have a shot to win the conference, we played all of em on the road (except Pitt, who looks like a tougher win at home than at their place. Remember, we are the only road ACC loss for Pitt).

And we say it every year, but this is wide open. The champion could be currently unranked. Alabama got slaughtered on the road at a mediocre Oklahoma, Gonzaga looks vulnerable, Houston feasting on a bad AAC, etc... Duke played like crap and it still took one of the biggest ref blunders in recent years to hand Duke an L.

We still do not know what Jon will do now that he has all the facts...

What is Jon going to do? This week, the notice sent out by the ACC pretty much castrates the coaches in the league from doing or saying anything.

What kind of loser goes to another teams board after a tough loss and trolls? Your parents did a good job raising you.

Reactions: Fourteen44
I've been on this board for 8 years and I have NEVER blamed a loss on the refs. But this loss is on the refs. We win that game if they get the call right and there is no excuse for them getting the call wrong. The ref called a foul. That can't be revisited on replay. The only question was when the foul occurred and it was obvious as day that the second UVA player (on whom the foul was called) made contact with flip with .2 still left on the clock. Flip shoots free throws, makes just one, and we win the game. Horribly disappointing. Would have been our best win of the year by far.

What kind of loser goes to another teams board after a tough loss and trolls? Your parents did a good job raising you.
You need an alternative view from the Duke propaganda and mass group think you routinely get exposed to. Haven't said a single negative comment about the Duke team. Have responded to negative comments from fans. I'm willing to stop---been willing-----just don't respond. I've said what I wanted to say.

I've been on this board for 8 years and I have NEVER blamed a loss on the refs. But this loss is on the refs. We win that game if they get the call right and there is no excuse for them getting the call wrong. The ref called a foul. That can't be revisited on replay. The only question was when the foul occurred and it was obvious as day that the second UVA player (on whom the foul was called) made contact with flip with .2 still left on the clock. Flip shoots free throws, makes just one, and we win the game. Horribly disappointing. Would have been our best win of the year by far.
The video I provided above does not agree with your assessment.

This southbottomU guy is messing with all of you. Just do not reply or put him on ignore. Hopefully a mod will take care of it. OFC
Agreed. Timo will eventually take out the trash although it might reappear as yet another reincarnation, perhaps as Bottom Poker or such. It is somewhat entertaining to psychoanalyze a troll, but I am bored with it. Got some movies to watch anyway on a cold, wet day in North Carolina.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT