ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke Vs UVA

Duke coach John Scheyer said he got no clarification on the controversial ending to regulation against UVA.

"He made a big time play getting to the basket. There's no doubt in my mind he's knocking down those free throws. ... I feel for Flip, our team."

You can see the ball left his hands before .00, so, I don’t know exactly what the rule is," Scheyer said. "I’d like to get some clarification to understand, but the call was made, so I don’t know how the call can be taken away. I would just like clarity.”

“We battled but it’s disappointing - we came here to win,” Scheyer told Duke play-by-play announcer David Shumate immediately after the game. “Virginia is a really good team but you’re not going to beat anyone with 22 turnovers. I haven’t seen the play at the end and can’t comment without looking at it.”
Sounds weak. Get mad, get pissed, call out the refs and take the fine.

Reactions: pisgah101
Last 5 years? 59-93. 5 years before that? I don't think you want me posting that record. Of all the trolls who come on a Duke board, Pitt has to be the weakest of them all.
He is going to haunt this board until he is banned. It is like a house fly buzzing around your face. About that call, I have never before complained about the refs but....damn

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Yes, I agree but the overtime was still played was it not ? You could see the contact to the wrist with 0.2 left however they still went to overtime and that call in regulation with the four turnovers ( two were charges ) killed whatever Duke had left .
You don’t bounce back after being hosed like that. I knew it was over going into overtime.

This was our second straight game with 20 plus turnovers. That's not good.
That would be 22 turnovers AND had the ball stolen 10 times. Could not get a shot off with 12 seconds left in the game. It looked like everyone in the stadium knew we would try to get the ball to Whitehead. Someone tell me where we have improved. Sorry. I am just tired of the same Sh%t game after game. Hell, if UVA could make a couple more foul shots, the ass-call at the end of the game would have been irrelevant and never happened. We flat out did not deserve to be in position to win the game when that call was made. I am glad Whitehead made 10 points, but he has not risen to the level of "game changer" yet Why is Flip still dribbling and turning the ball over in the lane? Can't he shoot from 4 or 5 feet from the basket? Can't Jon make him stop or teach him something else he can do? Why do we keep attempting cross-court passes which do not work? Blah, blah, blah. One more tall one and I'll get over it. Maybe.

OFC

I know there's probably no one else on the Pitt board. Is there a Pitt board? But dude, you've got to read the f#$^ing room, man. You don't come to an opposing team's board that has been to more elite eights in the last five years than you've been to in your entire basketball history and talk shit about the team/coach. Just really bad trolling, man.

Pitiful . That’s final possession before OT was pitiful until the inbound pass. Yea we got screwed and should have won. What has me fired up more is the missed layup, nonchalant offense, and us letting them roll the ball down the court to kill time in OT. I mean our guys don’t have awareness and don’t know what to do.
It shouldn't though. The call should piss you off way more than any of that shit. Despite not playing well, we won the game.

Couple thoughts after this complete BS.....first of all, Jon definitely needs to grow some balls and call out the ACC. With that being said, those of you claiming we get that call with K absolutely haven't been paying attention the last several years. Watch any Virginia game the last 5 to 6 years and look and how often we are completely f@cked in the game. Its comical at this point.

Serious question. Can Duke launch a formal complaint? I would grimace but understand somewhat if it was called in live action with no opportunity for review.

• Haha
Reactions: southbottomU
Serious question. Can Duke launch a formal complaint? I would grimace but understand somewhat if it was called in live action with no opportunity for review.
Duke needs to. I would've refused to play the rest of the game, but that's why I am not a college D1 coach. Jon is better than I am. I let out a **** so loud at work that people heard it outside my office. Not a good look.

Reactions: christophero
I know there's probably no one else on the Pitt board. Is there a Pitt board? But dude, you've got to read the f#$^ing room, man. You don't come to an opposing team's board that has been to more elite eights in the last five years than you've been to in your entire basketball history and talk shit about the team/coach. Just really bad trolling, man.
No guarantee that it is even a Pitt fan. Looks like a new username created just to troll this board and the Cheat boards. Could be a kittycat fan taking out its frustration.

I realize that's a love song. But I've been drinking, and I love this song. So, eh, **** it.

Don’t know what that garbage is but, he push him in the lower body before he foul him on the wrist later. They have been giving UVA the calls since Coach Bennett has been there. His teams play the most physical defense but never fouls. BS

Most of these games and (loses) will come down to basketball maturity. The age of our opponents and the years they have played together will triumph our talent.

Don’t know what that garbage is but, he push him in the lower body before he foul him on the wrist later. They have been giving UVA the calls since Coach Bennett has been there. His teams play the most physical defense but never fouls. BS
The foul was on Dunn not Beekman. Beekman has clean block as shown in picture. Foul on Dunn after clock runs out. Question to answer : does the continuation of shot attempt exist after ball is altered because of block.

Probably so. That was quick. A big hint is the similarity in usernames. Pittpoker and Southbottom are not so subtle allusions. Not a particularly bright troll, but he is managing to annoy.
Wrong. Not Pitt fan or troll. Just providing relevant information. Southbottom has to do where I live in my town. So Sherlock, find something else to ponder on.

Wrong. Not Pitt fan or troll. Just providing relevant information. Southbottom has to do where I live in my town. So Sherlock, find something else to ponder on.
May want to provide this "information" to the ACC so they can retract their statement that the officials erred. Too bad they didn't wait for you to provide this in the first place. Now they have egg on their faces. Embarrassing.

Reactions: Fourteen44 and GAAP
May want to provide this "information" to the ACC so they can retract their statement that the officials erred. Too bad they didn't wait for you to provide this in the first place. Now they have egg on their faces. Embarrassing.
More relevant information: rule says that player making a try may be given foul shots after time expires if the foul occurs while ball is "in flight".
Ball was never "in flight". Flip attempts dunk that was blocked by Beekman. Ball never leaves Flips hand before time expires (therefore. Not in flight). Foul is not called on Beekman, but Dunn who is trailing the play. Dunns foul occurs after time expires and as we just established, the ball was never "in flight".

Of course officials and league office never makes mistakes.

More relevant information: rule says that player making a try may be given foul shots after time expires if the foul occurs while ball is "in flight".
Ball was never "in flight". Flip attempts dunk that was blocked by Beekman. Ball never leaves Flips hand before time expires (therefore. Not in flight). Foul is not called on Beekman, but Dunn who is trailing the play. Dunns foul occurs after time expires and as we just established, the ball was never "in flight".

Don't tell me, tell the ACC. They're clearly the ones that don't know the rules and can benefit from your interpretation of said rules. They need to get their ish together and, clearly, you're the gal to set em straight.

Good luck.

Reactions: GAAP

Pitt, are you now saying that the ACC coming back and saying there was a foul with 0.2 left and Flip should have been awarded two free throws, is now not correct? Please open any social media platform and see the statement the ACC made.

Pitt, are you now saying that the ACC coming back and saying there was a foul with 0.2 left and Flip should have been awarded two free throws, is now not correct? Please open any social media platform and see the statement the ACC made.
Not from Pitt. Yes I am saying Acc office has got it wrong. I do not believe they considered all information and did not explore the wording of the rule that says specifically if Ball is "in flight"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT