ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke Vs UVA

Morale win!!

Let’s just mass exodus these guys and get a new batch to hope they gel….

I’m just laughing at lively and Mitchell going pro. Absolutely comical what has happened to Duke with the recruiting tactics.

After going 7 plus minutes without a FG, and to tie it at the end, we got hosed.
We played bad, and Flip, who was awful, should have been at the line to win it. I’m speechless.

T
You lost because

turnovers galore
Flip was awful beyond belief, not ready for prime time
Scheyer coached terribly in OT
Refs were the worst
The four turnovers to start overtime by Duke is what cost them the game

Reactions: PittPoker
We did close the game. We won in regulation. There is literally nothing else to talk about with this game. It was stolen
Bro if Flip made 1 basket the whole damn game there is no OT. He sucked. Worst performance of a supposed lottery kid I think I have ever seen.

This season can’t end quick enough, feels like the Covid year
I just told my wife the same…I’m pissed about the ending for sure…but honestly this is just really bad Duke basketball and that ending is close to the final nail for the season.

It’s just a really bad product on the floor.

Reactions: Ryyse and PittPoker
We had a little help not closing in regulation! I wish Scheyer would’ve gotten a tech in that moment but you just don’t know how young guys will respond. Hopefully we bounce back for the next game! Let’s go DUKE!

Just unbelievable!

We fought hard today. Flip with a rough game. But we were in a position to win. And I like that!

Pitt. Please go back to your own board. Please. Just go.

T

The four turnovers to start overtime by Duke is what cost them the game
Nope. The refs not calling the foul on Flip cost it. Scheyer should have went off and got tossed and showed the team he has their back. That was a bad look for Jon.

That was the time for Scheyer to finally lose it…he needed to stand up for the team and finally take it head on. I’m disappointed he just stood there and grinned about it all….really disappointed.

He needed to stand up there and he failed imo…

Reactions: dukesince91
Scheyer deserve a lot of blame for this loss! Played Young way to much he killed us with his messed shots and poor defense! Should have played Lively until he fouled out!

Nope. The refs not calling the foul on Flip cost it. Scheyer should have went off and got tossed and showed the team he has their back. That was a bad look for Jon.
Have to imagine he didn't have a good view and wasn't certain. Otherwise, I totally agree.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
That was the time for Scheyer to finally lose it…he needed to stand up for the team and finally take it head on. I’m disappointed he just stood there and grinned about it all….really disappointed.

He needed to stand up there and he failed imo…
I usually don’t like a lot of your negativity, but you’re totally right on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT