ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs State- ACC tourney

We need to recruit better guards, that's our problem in my opinion.
No we need to recruit a legit big guy that doesn’t fit in the modern nba so we can get 4 years from him. We get the skinny lob guys that get drafted. We need a post player that is no longer valued in modern nba.

Reactions: Player2020
Damn. 4 seed and tough round of 32 game here we come. This team needs to get their ×××× together fast. Something is way off.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
so thats 1-8 when down at halftime? tells its own tale about adjustments. Cannot understand the lack of bench play today when they were the key to the win when we played them last. Game management was poor but I'd say that isnt a surprise either.

Reactions: mbdfan
No we need to recruit a legit big guy that doesn’t fit in the modern nba so we can get 4 years from him. We get the skinny lob guys that get drafted. We need a post player that is no longer valued in modern nba.
This.....good big guys win games

Duke playing like they don't want to be here. Flip getting beat by a Defensive Tackle. Back court ball handling and shooting has been atrocious all night. Coach S and the bench of coaches, didn't get their team up for this game.

Why didn’t we foul the big guy when he got the ball back as the in bounder. That’s bad coaching. He is the guy you want at the line and we had a chance to make it happen

• Haha
Reactions: JimboSlice00
Season is over, Duke is not win first round game in the NCAA Tournament either. Very disappointing season by both coaches and players.

Are you gonna call out Proctors miss layup there?
Is Proctor 6-8 with giant lengthy arms getting just a hand on his wrist. Go in with authority you are trash offensively so dunk the ball, always. He has no touch he should be trying to throw it down always.

Imagine being throughly out coached by Kevin Keats?

It also appears Roach has checked out after the UNC too…

What a shitshow

Reactions: BigRedLar
No it’s both. Our guards sucked and frankly proctor just isn’t it.

Scheyer back to sucking though, back to back terrible starts is insane. What a joke of a game. It’s not going to get better next year. We’ll have a great season w/ l record wise but won’t win anything next year. It’s sad to see what’s going on with Duke despite the paper talent.

I think UNC broke this team.

Not playing Stewart tonight outside of the couple minutes in the first half was lunacy.

Guy had a career game against this team ten days ago.

Reactions: mbdfan and sheyduke
We talk crap when Carolina is pre-season 1 and miss the tourney.. this team would lose to that Carolina team. Biggest disappointment of a season as a Duke fan. We’ve learned NOTHING all season (really since the Tennessee game) we deserve a freaking 5 or 6 seed but will prob get a 4 and be mercifully relieved of our season against a 5 or 12 in the second round

Is Proctor 6-8 with giant lengthy arms getting just a hand on his wrist. Go in with authority you are trash offensively so dunk the ball, always. He has no touch he should be trying to throw it down always.
Mark certainly has big limitations on offense, but he wasn't the issue. Alot of blame to go around and Mark isn't one who deserves shade, at least for tonight's game.

Scheyer back to sucking though, back to back terrible starts is insane. What a joke of a game. It’s not going to get better next year. We’ll have a great season w/ l record wise but won’t win anything next year. It’s sad to see what’s going on with Duke despite the paper talent.
Agree with you, all those recruits will not win nothing .

Need less paper tigers and more junkyard dogs...we seem to not be up for the fight these days when it matters

If Mitchell leaves early it’s everything wrong with college sports these days. None of this team is deserving of being first round draft picks. McCain had a good stretch but his game is a dime a dozen in the nba. This kids need to stay and truly develop. Maybe just maybe NIL will help us with this. The borderline guys always have seemed to leave in the past and you never hear of them again.

Reactions: DBM0828
Something has seemed off with chemistry this year and it’s only gotten worse. I don’t know what the issue is but Roach and Proctor haven’t been the same players this year. My guess is that Roach, Proctor, and McCain don’t mesh well together for one reason or another. All good players but they don’t fit. Unfortunately, I think we all know how this season will end.

I will stick by this . How do you nationally tell a reporter NC State is a different team then ten days ago yet you didn’t adjust and didn’t get the production or play the bench that helped you win last time you played them !

We did go into lasr years tourney on a roll and flamed out. Maybe this year is different but who knows. What a difference a week makes. Maybe we will get a good draw. Who knows. This team is playing like they have checked out I don't get it.

Wow, how things can quickly change in just two weeks. No fight, no pride, just look like a bunch of individuals. This was a total team loss, minus the bench players. We looked like the team playing it’s third game in a row tonight. Sad.

Something has seemed off with chemistry this year and it’s only gotten worse. I don’t know what the issue is but Roach and Proctor haven’t been the same players this year. My guess is that Roach, Proctor, and McCain don’t mesh well together for one reason or another. All good players but they don’t fit. Unfortunately, I think we all know how this season will end.
I agree. It does seem like chemistry just isn't there. I assume we get a 4 seed, but they better come ready because a 13 could pull it off.

Team plays like they don’t like each other. Roster is prolly going to be very different next year

If Mitchell leaves early it’s everything wrong with college sports these days. None of this team is deserving of being first round draft picks. McCain had a good stretch but his game is a dime a dozen in the nba. This kids need to stay and truly develop. Maybe just maybe NIL will help us with this. The borderline guys always have seemed to leave in the past and you never hear of them again.
I think he will transfer.

That wouldn’t upset me…..can’t continually play 5 vs 4.

I know he was descent tonight….but it is what it is.

Really loving JWill being quiet because he has no clue if this is Duke or a league school. UNC is the better team of the conference and even come next season I don’t know if things change because you could see mass exodus from Duke ( transfers and league ) and Duke could be even younger .

Yeah Mitchell was decent tonight. But even a broken clock is right twice a day. Our guards were just awful. Around a minute or so to play and Proctor dribbles the ball for most of the shot clock. A good description on the way we played the entire game.

Jon has no fire, or energy, we have no bench, and it shows in the players. He has to own some of this, even if he is only in his 2nd year as the head coach.

Hubert was embarrassed after last season, and it shows. Jon should be as embarrassed.

Reactions: mbdfan and sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT