ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs State- ACC tourney

Podcast Dont Get It GIF by John Crist Comedy

How does Duke, a college basketball powerhouse, not have the ability to bring in talented subs. McCain is having an awful game, it happens. Time for next man up but we just keep the same 5. Lack of bench has been the downfall of Duke for almost 20 years now.

This is one of the most disappointing Duke teams….started the year #2 with so much hype and we haven’t done shit the entire year.

Going down to #10 in the ACC on their third night of games and us preparing for five days is really embarrassing.

Reactions: devilsrule
This is beyond frustrating. Our guards aren’t doing much, which is compounded by the fact Mitchell hurts us on this side of the ball.

Throw in that our young coach has no fire and you have a recipe for lethargic play.

So it's a small thing, but after another Scheyer TO called, you watch the body language. The team captain just walks off by himself, head down.

Probably over analyzing, but they are down a bunch to NC State and playing without much urgency.

Devilsden at the game on twitter ^ about Roach

Low IQ, low energy, poor leadership. Can have all the talent in the world but those things are hard to overcome.

Reactions: Mac9192
We will be a four seed….and anyone that wants to play Houston is crazy.

They would dominate us with their physicality and hustle….if we even get to them.

Reactions: sheyduke
Don’t want to reverse jinx it but as I post something we kind of hang around….im hoping for a gift…..#superstitious

6-23 from McCain, Roach and Foster won’t get it done for us.

Zero bench it’s for us….of course you have to play the bench…..

Reactions: sheyduke
Disappointing to say the least....this is not a good coaching job by JS...we've not progressed at all. Our weaknesses are there for all to see and we are easy to scheme against. Still think that to be a good college contender you need a good inside guy....and a more experienced team. Inconsistency is a by product of youth and inexperience...which we've had in abundance lately

Reactions: Player2020
I just don’t want to read any rosy post.

The team is overrated significantly and Scheyer has done a piss poor coaching job this year…..

This is one of the more embarrassing losses by a Duke team…..

Those are the facts……

I’m just gonna say this and I’m a big supporter of Jon . If you are literally saying NC State is a more confident team then ten days ago then why didn’t you adjust because Dukes bench was much more effective last time around and you haven’t played them any and never really lead in this game !

I’ve said….a slow decay of Duke standards….you are watching it…..and it sucks…..

To much capitulation….not enough discipline which leads to mental toughness.

I’m just gonna say this and I’m a big supporter of Jon . If you are literally saying NC State is a more confident team then ten days ago then why didn’t you adjust because Dukes bench was much more effective last time around and you haven’t played them any and never really lead in this game !
Don’t think we lead last game either….its been almost three games since we actually had a lead…sad….

Think we led tonight 2-0 though….

To play like we did against Carolina then to come out like this tonight. This team is an absolute mess. The season will be over in a week

Reactions: K-oach Q
We need to recruit better guards, that's our problem in my opinion.
Our guards are stand still shooters….can’t create….

Which is why playing up into us and physical like UNC has been doing is good defense.

We won’t beat you consistently breaking anything down.

Smart coaching….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT