ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs State- ACC tourney

Very !! I don’t see any fire . Horne had his way and Flip is the only guy showing heart . I swear you’d think we have been playing since Tuesday and Scheyer needs to throw a damn chair in the locker room because not even Roach seems engaged .
He hasn't been engaged in a while. He must be thinking about what next

Reactions: sheyduke
The one huddle they showed Scheyer is just blah when he talking to the guys.

I get it sometimes and even in the first half he’s trying to show calmness…..but he does it so much I wonder if the guys just like fire.

He needs more balance can’t be so one way all the time IMO.

Reactions: jonesdd2g
I guess you can say state wants it more but this Duke team is only 1-6 when trailing at the half and the only win was southern Indiana ( don’t know if I’d even say that was a win ). A low three or first four seed is what this team is worthy of and yes I do see 8-12 teams way better than this Duke team at this moment in the NCAA . NO FIRE !

Reactions: Mac9192
Very disappointing to hear Duke’s record this season when trailing at the half. One win when trailing in seven games before tonight.

To say Roach isn't engaged is poppycock. He has been engaged all year. He is, however, being too tentative when he gets the basketball. We need March Roach tonight and the rest of the year, or we go home tonight and early next week.

We are almost to the point we only have one or two games even left. If they don’t pull their heads out of their asses this season was a total bust.

Slow start to a half..shocking...this team just doesnt seem to get up for games that matter...the UNC games, this elimination game...still could pull it out but does not bode well for the tournament

To say Roach isn't engaged is poppycock. He has been engaged all year. He is, however, being too tentative when he gets the basketball. We need March Roach tonight and the rest of the year, or we go home tonight and early next week.
Omg stop . He’s a senior . Has he stopped Horne ? Has he settled this team down ? Has he took control ? Many of you posters saying this say you build for March well guess what it’s March and in the last two games he hasn’t showed up !

Omg stop . He’s a senior . Has he stopped Horne ? Has he settled this team down ? Has he took control ? Many of you posters saying this say you build for March well guess what it’s March and in the last two games he hasn’t showed up !
He’s been totally MIA in the last two games.

Hope he turns it on.

I'm not doing this shit with you tonight. He has given us everything for four years.

• Haha
Reactions: pisgah101
We are gambling on D now….team is panicked they know…..

Told my wife last night I didn’t want to play State…..This is pretty much why.

I'm not doing this shit with you tonight. He has given us everything for four years.
No I’m not either with you because you feel the need to glorify him and not take criticism of him . Was it not him last game against UNC that said that Duke needs to do better HE needs to be better ? He’s not tonight .

Reactions: pisgah101
We lack an identity. Offensively, it looks unorganized, with no rhythm, but that's been true most of the season. Watching the elite teams this year, they all have more cohesion on offense and intensity on defense. There is a reason we are #122 in blocked shots this year...

Flip is the only one who’s ready to go onto the next level. This has become the most frustrating season I can remember in a long time.

Guys can be a huge part of the program and not have a good stretch of games. Saying roach has been absent when we need our senior leader isn’t bashing his entire career.

They are all over our guards exactly how NC guarded us.

We can’t penetrate or create…we don’t have an elite 1 on 1 guy and our offense sucks at moving the ball.

They are just running us off the 3 pt line and leaving Mark open and packing the paint.

Can’t play 5 vs 4 continually when our guards are getting man handled up top.

No I’m not either with you because you feel the need to glorify him and not take criticism of him . Was it not him last game against UNC that said that Duke needs to do better HE needs to be better ? He’s not tonight .
I can criticize him. You trashed him the last thread.

Proctor needs to recognize its not his night and get the ball to McCain...he's made the same number of baskets in half the attempts!

No I did not ! I told you he did nothing and he didn’t ! Is he not a four year senior ? You keep saying he gave Duke his all for four years well let’s see it now !

You live in the past a lot. Is Duke still beating UNC in your mind?

You are good at trashing people when Duke is losing and they don’t bow down to your opinions in in game threads.

It’s a game thread and people post thoughts as the game is happening…..things change in games and so thoughts change too….

If Duke would play better we could all post rainbows and unicorns……

Holy shit what a load of garbage. You totally did. But whatever.
No you are a load what did I say I was wrong in show me ? Please I beg you ! Did I say he weren’t shit? Did I say he was garbage ? Hell no I said he did nothing !

Stewart was a big factor when we played them before....why isnt he getting any run?

Stewart was a big factor when we played them before....why isnt he getting any run?
Scheyer going with experience now because we are down.

Problem is we have to expend so much energy always getting ourselves back into the games.

And we don’t sub…..

Scheyer going with experience now because we are down.

Problem is we have to expend so much energy always getting ourselves back into the games.

And we don’t sub…..
Makes no sense since he was great the last time he got mins...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT