ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread Duke vs Clemson

Scheyer sits more than any Coach losing a game that I ever remember seeing.

Channeling James Brown...

Get up off of that bench, and coach until we do better!

First time I ever remember feeling like we are WORSE than our record.

It’s just unbelievable that we can’t secure a rebound and Clemson is killing it on the offensive boards. McCain and Proctor will win this for Duke.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Wonderful back to back possessions for Young on defense. That's game folks. The chatter will get louder.

At the moment, this is an 8 seed team.

You can't miss this many free throws at home and give up all those offensive rebounds and expect to win a game, though.

Reactions: sheyduke
Was working all day today 😭 the free throw numbers suck

Didn't see the game but looked like we made 2 big plays in the last minute. We haven't looked great the last week, but a win is a win. Looks like Proctor, McCain and Mitchell carried us. Tough game for Flip, and we got Roach back.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Guys, please do not be too hard on me for saying this and maybe this is a moment to just shut up but i would like to think its safe for me to say something here that may be frowned upon or controversial but……….

I don’t think we deserved to win that game. I am happy for the win but it felt like a loss and maybe that ish will wear off.

I'll take the lucky win over a loss any day. Lord, the free throw shooting from Flip was really where most of the misses came from. I give the kid credit, though, for coming up big at the end for us. And what about Proctor? As Jimbo said, the kid has coconuts. Or, as my dude Raft would say, kid's got onions!

I guess there are two ways to look at it. When it was close with a few minutes left I thought "well we just aren't very good this year." But we found a way to win, and Clemson needs a signature win badly. They are very much a bubble team. Feels like we stole this one, but it beats losing.

Guys, please do not be too hard on me for saying this and maybe this is a moment to just shut up but i would like to think its safe for me to say something here that may be frowned upon or controversial but……….

I don’t think we deserved to win that game. I am happy for the win but it felt like a loss and maybe that ish will wear off.
Oh, we were definitely outplayed for much of the game.

Sometimes you play bad and win, others, you play great and lose. Always take the win.
r and r vacation GIF by Corona

Yeah that was big free throws by Proctor, and he had a solid game, but McCain was the difference maker. His hustle down the stretch should not go unnoticed.

Stole one at our own place in spite of poor free throw shooting and even worse rebounding.
Good point, Mac. He hit some HUGE shots. We did steal this one. If you looked at the free throw misses and their OR and second chance pts, you would think we lost. I'll take it.

Kentucky trails Arky by 8 so she is probably salty.
I hear Joe G went after the ref pretty hard after the last play.

Great win!

Clemson whining was over the top. If there was a foul at the end it was PJ Hall.

That said …

A. This team will be fortunate to get to the 2nd round of the NCAAs if they play this way in March.

B. I dread playing UNC.

C. I know that Ryan Young would never be the player that PJ Hall is, but good grief. Look at their two bodies. They are basically the same ht and weight except Hall has totally worked out, his body is sculpted while Young’s is soft, and is so much stronger than Young. This is exactly what I referred to in another thread. Duke’s coaches, training staff need to get serious about their getting these players stronger. This is no longer a finesse game from 1973. It’s physical and physical teams have an advantage.

It is nice to find a way to win ugly. Duke is more skilled than most teams and so these older stronger teams will play highly physical. Duke has to be tougher. The freshmen and sophomores have to toughen up fast. And when you get a good lead stop letting up.
This team has the ability to go to the final four or lose in the first round. It is frustrating to watch but hopefully they move in the final four caliber over the rest of the team.

Reactions: youngman42
I just watched Jon’s postgame presser. He did not mention anything about Flip being injured. Which makes Flip’s performance even more head scratching. He looked totally disinterested the entire game. I’m really concerned about how we’re going to match up against the Cheats’ bigs next week if the same Flip shows up - their bigs are in another league compared to Clemson’s.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT