ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Arkansas

GAJ8vjnXYAAcTjE
That wasn’t a foul. Lol.
Here you go clown 🤡 rewinded just for you. They called young for weaker contact earlier off a block

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
The rotation needs serious overhaul and Jon needs to stop being a little puss and go after refs when it's needed.....

The entire national media was saying we needed a portal 5 to replace Lively. The missing piece to field a dominant team. I'm grateful we got guys back, but we missed an enormous opportunity to improve our team this summer. Hopefully what we have is enough. It is what it is.

The entire national media was saying we needed a portal 5 to replace Lively. The missing piece to field a dominant team. I'm grateful we got guys back, but we missed an enormous opportunity to improve our team this summer. Hopefully what we have is enough. It is what it is.
Chris you’re fighting an uphill battle my man.

We went after several 5s. Didn't pan out—end of story. We have who we have. I see no point in harping about it. That's reality.

Reactions: GAAP
Not even sure what to say after tonight. IMO, alot of this has to fall on Jon- he needs to get the rotation figured out. I realize McCain is a freshman, but he's been a major disappointment. No way the kid leaves after this year.
McCain isn’t a Pg and is very undersized as a SG so he has a ton of work to do.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Not even sure what to say after tonight. IMO, alot of this has to fall on Jon- he needs to get the rotation figured out. I realize McCain is a freshman, but he's been a major disappointment. No way the kid leaves after this year.

He's not the only disappointment.....

Hey man; we're all upset. We're good but not great at the moment. Plenty of time left. It's not the end of the world but if we don't beat Baylor we are running out of chances for big resume building wins. Tonight was a step back but we need to get to work to improve. we need Stewart or Reeves to contribute. Is anyone confident we will beat Baylor right now? Nice that we showed fight at the end.

I don't know anything about that.
Yea he got my number from a mutual contact here and started texting me. It was a bit excessive over time so I finally blocked him. Initially I tried to help answer some clinically related questions for him but after that it was almost too much Duke, and at odd times.

I still talk to a few guys here and 2 from the old crew but it’s all fun on those.

Both teams missed a ton of free throws. They're storming the court. I hate that shit. I had a friend get knocked to the ground and stepped on during a courtstorming the year before COVID. She got some bruised ribs and a black eye. To me, it's not worth it, and I think they should start fining schools that do it.

This team has been disappointing so far, still time to turn it around. I just don’t know if they have the makeup or personnel to do it. Duke has one consistent player right now which is Flip. Can’t be a one man team and be successful in the Tournament

We should all be concerned. I get not panicking this early in the season i really understand that. But this team has noooooooooo identity. Last year it was our length, rebounding and defense. THIS team? No idea what the plan or goal or vision is. The three guard isn’t going to get it done on defense or the boards but can they shoot the lights out? We haven’t tried a big lineup yet from my recollection.

Yes, after watching other top teams play, I am significantly concerned.

Good hustle at the end but ran outta gas. Scary thing is Arkansas missed their best player and missed a bunch of FT’s. Duke can improve but I don’t see their ceiling as being very high, maybe a Sweet 16 if they get the right draw. Time will tell and I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m incorrect.

I think the Proctor/Mitchell observation was a good one. We need them to be studs. They are not role players anymore. Can we get them up to that next level? Mitchell has been an enigma so far; Proctor to a lesser degree.

I don’t know what’s worse, Duke’s play tonight, or 14’s posts.

This guy gets the golden goober for cringeworthy posts.
People thinking McCain or Foster might leave are crazy from what I’ve seen. Hell Foster better become more of a consistent shooter or he ain’t going in the first round like most think. When Young looks better than Mitchell we have problems. Jon better figure out his rotation because he’s about to run out of time. Where was Blakes tonight?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT