ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Arkansas

Please sit McCain. He’s overrated, an undersized shooting guard who can’t play the point as a combo.

Give Power the burn now before teams figure out he can shoot!

Reactions: sheyduke
Reeves hasn’t gotten enough in game experience to show anything and he’s coming off injury . Really don’t see why people can say anything about him .
Young and Flip picking up cheap fouls is an issue .
It’s not the jack of a five it’s the lack of rim protection in general . Duke switching to the zone helped but you also got to close out on shooters . Going to be a tough second half to pull out the win.
Powers is already ahead of Baker . Gets in on a big game and hits two threes. McCain sees him open on that shot he took and passes instead it’s a third . A lot to still learn .

I’m so disappointed with this team. We just haven’t looked good or significantly improved this year at all. Arkansas is without their best player. I get it, this is a tough place to play, but Arkansas has been terrible too and they’re up 1.

Proctors meh, roach looks like he took a huge step back as far as being a leader and a main option in the offense at times McCain hasn’t looked like what we heard about in the summer and Mitchell’s 3 ball is worse than it was last year. Reeves can’t contribute anything. Crazy to think powers hot shooting carried over into such a tough environment were super lucky he hit a spark for us.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
Not winning on the boards, only 2 steals and 2 blocks. I am not used to this from Duke teams. If we are resigned to three guards and losing on the boards then can we at least apply pressure, speed teams up and cause turnovers? What is our identity?

I’m cracking up at some of these Reeves comments. The kid played less than 2 minutes and had to play 2 on 1 D as his teammates got roasted by ball fakes/drives. Not saying he’s a top tier big but damn, the sample size is less than 3 minutes in 2 big games.

It's a great test for sure. But if Flip fouls out I'm playing Nintendo haha. I won't be able to watch that. Power has been a plus.

Reeves is a long term project.. not an answer unfortunately . Powers looks solid compared to the last game he was in.
I think Powers hit 3 out of 4 threes the last game. He’s starting to deserve more playing time. McCain missed a few shots that hurt us right before the half.

I’m cracking up at some of these Reeves comments. The kid played less than 2 minutes and had to play 2 on 1 D as his teammates got roasted by ball fakes/drives. Not saying he’s a top tier big but damn, the sample size is less than 3 minutes in 2 big games.
Thank you . People need to lay off him . He has barely played any in games last year and this year .

I hope my man. W or L, at this point, they’re not as good as last years team and this year they’re not as good as UKorrupt and UNCheat. That can change but they’ve got work to do.
I told everyone when they were talking junk about UNC don’t sleep on them . This is why I stopped making preseason predictions . It started with the hype on McCain then switched to Foster. McCain hasn’t really shown me enough to deserve the hype .

Haven't read the posts ITT so forgive me if this is redundant. Duke is looking fine compared to a lot of past road games vs non conference teams with a pulse. My biggest issue is selfish ball. Too many trips with the ball handler trying too hard. Correct this, win the game.

I think the reeves stuff comes more from the fact Jon seems to actually let guys have some burn but not reeves.. and when he does play he jerks him quick. There is a reason but what is it?

Games like these is how I don't get the "there are no minutes for transfers" stuff. Shedrick would play big minutes today. Theo could get 15 minutes easily.
That said, this would be a great win. But if Flip fouls out, that will be very difficult.

I think the reeves stuff comes more from the fact Jon seems to actually let guys have some burn but not reeves.. and when he does play he jerks him quick. There is a reason but what is it?
He’s lost. Maybe work him in by playing zone a little bit?

Reactions: dukesince91
It seemed like K did the same with certain players too. No rhyme or reason.

Reactions: Mac9192
My guess is that being out of position/missing assignments is a big deal for coaches. Stewart is still learning this.

Flip is not playing like the pre-season ACC POTY. If he was a freshman, he might not be playing.

I’m so disappointed with this team. We just haven’t looked good or significantly improved this year at all. Arkansas is without their best player. I get it, this is a tough place to play, but Arkansas has been terrible too and they’re up 1.

Proctors meh, roach looks like he took a huge step back as far as being a leader and a main option in the offense at times McCain hasn’t looked like what we heard about in the summer and Mitchell’s 3 ball is worse than it was last year. Reeves can’t contribute anything. Crazy to think powers hot shooting carried over into such a tough environment were super lucky he hit a spark for us.
Try a period every once in a while lol.

Just have to find a way to win in different ways until hopefully we figure out who or what we are.

Thank you . People need to lay off him . He has barely played any in games last year and this year .
lol everyone was laying into power for looking awful in limited minutes but to criticize reeves is somehow unforgivable. He doesn’t play much because he just isn’t good enough yet.

We got a couple of lucky bounces, that really helped with some scoring opportunities. Young making some good plays too.

• Haha
Keep going man, I’m cracking up at you 😂

I’m cracking up at you too 😂 lmfao at slobbering all over reeves over playing someone covered on defense but crying about everyone else

You remind me of that dude who was in love with Jaden schutt last year and thought he should’ve started.

I’m cracking up at you too 😂 lmfao at slobbering all over reeves over playing someone covered on defense but crying about everyone else

You remind me of that dude who was in love with Jaden schutt last year and thought he should’ve started.
You are painfully bad at comprehension 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT