ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Arkansas

This team is a reflection of there coach! Don’t see in fire and not getting on the players when they not playing good! Coach K would never allow this! Coach K would have been cussed and flipped on them to get there attention and some motivation. They to soft and lack leadership!!

Reactions: Toeriver
I think they will improve but the lack of any semblance of a center is glaring…I don’t think Flip is going to be the answer.

Reactions: sheyduke
Having watched other top 10 teams play each other, and their intensity and execution, I'd say our young team has a lot of growing to do. And our young coach too.

It’s crazy how he got on me for saying we haven’t looked good

Then he gets on you for defending the team and saying we are good

Can’t win with that dude he’s wild 😂
I got on you for your comments on reeves 😂

The reality is this is a team 7 games into the season that has a high ceiling. There's a ton of season left to be played. Anyone packing it in after tonight, there's the door.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
The reality is this is a team 7 games into the season that has a high ceiling. There's a ton of season left to be played. Anyone packing it in after tonight, there's the door.
Again, what’s a high ceiling? They’ve returned 4 starters and have gone backwards.

Reactions: sheyduke
Yes we should be happy about a double digit loss to an average SEC team without their best player. We all know the team has talent, but ease up on the sunshine pumping. We need to toughen up. These guys aren't freshman anymore. No one is saying NIT, but we don't look like a cohesive team right now.

• Love
Reactions: Fourteen44
I think ceiling has to be adjusted after how they have been playing. Right now I have no faith they can get to the sweet sixteen. Lot can change but we have no 5 coming in mid season. That was a huge mistake by Coach Scheyer.

I love how bilas loves to point out every foul

Except the obvious foul on flip after stealing the ball and going for the layup

I think ceiling has to be adjusted after how they have been playing. Right now I have no faith they can get to the sweet sixteen. Lot can change but we have no 5 coming in mid season. That was a huge mistake by Coach Scheyer.
That’s why I’m perplexed; Reeves needs work yes, but why not let him get burn in a rough game like this? Duke needs a 5 as we see Flip at the 5 isn’t an answer for long term.

• Haha
Reactions: ioliva
Just in the last couple plays Roach missed a layup, Flip missed a layup and then Flip gets it knocked off himself.

The strength at finishing anything around the basket is just terrible…from all Duke players.

I remember K once talking about players playing for contact instead of finishing strong.

These guys are definitely just going up for contact.

Just not playing strong…anybody.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT