ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament with no Fans?

Well if it’s for safety I don’t mind. As long as the games are still played that’s whT matters

Reactions: TheDude1
Hard to believe but it’s true. They might just as well cancel the Games also.

I just got an alert that only staff and limited family will be allowed at ALL NCAA tournament games

This is gonna be really weird to watch a game and no crowd noise. I wonder what effect this will have on the players? Looser? Tighter? Less engaged? More engaged? Does this lend to more upsets or more chalk? Or does it have no impact at all?

This is gonna be really weird to watch a game and no crowd noise. I wonder what effect this will have on the players? Looser? Tighter? Less engaged? More engaged? Does this lend to more upsets or more chalk? Or does it have no impact at all?

I figure it is good for the one and two seeds....maybe even especially for us that there won't be a lot of fans being haters or siding with Cinderella.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I can see this playing out now. The fans of the team that wins it......”oh it’s legit! It counts!!”

Everyone else......asterisk asterisk!!! This doesn’t count as a real title!!

The media has turned this country into a bunch of scared pussies. Sorry, it’s the truth.

5371631857_303a5779fb.jpg

Reactions: Quavarius
Really nuts. I suppose better safe than sorry... the head doc this morning said the mortality rate is somewhere between ten and twenty times worse than the flu. While it thankfully still seems to be worse for primarily elderly people, I think that, if you are choosing between people watching a few basketball games live instead of on TV and possibly spreading a pandemic disease that will kill a whole lot of older a Americans... well, that’s a pretty easy choice for me, because I look at basketball games as a fun and ultimately meaningless pastime, and I care way more about the older people in my life and the lives of everyone else.

Reactions: Quavarius
how many times are you going to pay this? Only Two people on this board agree with you lol

Every single time someone complains and bitches that not letting people watch a few basketball games live and instead making us watch on TV is something about pussy, no testicle having, America sucks, the media something something whatever.

And more than two people agree with me, that saying stuff like that is ****ing retarded.

So move the games to an outdoor stadium and they're golden. Personally, I think the players and coaches can make their own decisions. If they're worried, don't play.

That would be really unfair to schools and players. The coaches and players aren’t in any sort of position to know better... they are guys who coach basketball for a living, and a bunch of teenage kids.

Plus, then you suddenly create this silly pressure... “Well, if WE don’t go, will people be mad because team X is going? So should we go?!”

This way everyone is in the same boat, you don’t have basketball coaches and teenagers making the decisions, and they all still get to play, while the people who are maybe better equipped to make the call cN make the call.

Reactions: retiredsoldier

honestly, I think this will be f’ing FASCINATING, and something we will all remember for a long, long time.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Maybe they should go with no fans for the first four and first weekend and then reevaluate. I can't imagine a Final Four with no fans. This is harshing my mellow. :(

Reactions: Fourteen44
Every single time someone complains and bitches that not letting people watch a few basketball games live and instead making us watch on TV is something about pussy, no testicle having, America sucks, the media something something whatever.

And more than two people agree with me, that saying stuff like that is ****ing retarded.

who? Quavarius and the dude that cancelled all his plans and is self quarantined is all.

Reactions: Fourteen44
I hate getting a headache, so count me in as somebody who is better safe than sorry regardless of what it is. Now everybody that was going to the games can now join me and watch from home lol.

Just saw a tweet about Dayton students being told that since there are no classes, they have to vacate student housing. A riot breaks out and police are firing non deadly projectiles at students. This is NUTS

Just saw a tweet about Dayton students being told that since there are no classes, they have to vacate student housing. A riot breaks out and police are firing non deadly projectiles at students. This is NUTS
Going to get worse before it gets better I'm afraid buddy.

I mean, I get it. It’s not because this going to turn into Armageddon. It’s taking measures to make sure a whole bunch of people don’t get sick in the same city at the same time and overflowing medical facilities.

It still sucks.

Reactions: Mpm277 and dbav
Kicking the students out of the student housing is wrong in my opinion if that’s really what’s going on. I find that very hard to believe
I totally agree, but it's somewhat similar to the shutting down of schools here in Atlanta. Students going back home to family for now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT