ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky's path to the Final Four

lyonhawk

All American
Sep 8, 2003
Looked nearly impossible on Selection Sunday and has quickly turned completely around. Arizona and UVa both out of their way.

Cs9Y6jD.png

Reactions: Mpm277
After 2 straight years of the cheating holes in the FF, Kentucky over them would be a sight for sore eyes. Will still root against them vehemently, but ABC

Reactions: Mac9192
A final four loss hurts worse than a sweet 16 loss.....they are excited and licking their chops, but their pain is still coming

There’s nothing more I’d rather see than Buffalo put a similar beating on them to what Arizona took but UK is playing good basketball right now. Great chance they go to the elite 8, good chance they’re in the final four ☹️ Just my opinion.

Reactions: bloodguard13
There’s nothing more I’d rather see than Buffalo put a similar beating on them to what Arizona took but UK is playing good basketball right now. Great chance they go to the elite 8, good chance they’re in the final four ☹️ Just my opinion.

Yeah, the way that bracket is collapsing, they have a great shot. But I don't think they are good enough to beat us, mich st, or Nova. Not sure they can beat Xavier. I really don't see them getting a title

I disagree that a Final Four loss is more painful than a Sweet 16 loss. Once you have reached the Final 4 you have definitely achieved something even if you lose there. The most painful losses for me by far are Elite 8 losses. So
Close to the Final Four but no cigar. I do agree the South is now Kentucky ' s to lose.

Reactions: ioliva
I disagree that a Final Four loss is more painful than a Sweet 16 loss. Once you have reached the Final 4 you have definitely achieved something even if you lose there. The most painful losses for me by far are Elite 8 losses. So
Close to the Final Four but no cigar. I do agree the South is now Kentucky ' s to lose.

To me, the closer you are to a Natty, the more painful the loss.

To me, the closer you are to a Natty, the more painful the loss.
I think I have to personally agree

Which Sweet 16 loses really stick out in your mind?
Allen/Ingram/Kennard vs Oregon
Redick vs Michigan St/LSU
Defending Champs + Irving vs Arizona
09 vs Villanova
03 vs Kansas
Defending Champs vs Indiana
00 vs Florida

- I would say that 2002 lose to Indiana definitely hits the spot
- 2011 was very shocking but 2nd Tier lose

But the rest were very good teams that just weren't good enough and usually used the lose to propel themselves to better seasons the following year

I think I have to personally agree

Which Sweet 16 loses really stick out in your mind?
Allen/Ingram/Kennard vs Oregon
Redick vs Michigan St/LSU
Defending Champs + Irving vs Arizona
09 vs Villanova
03 vs Kansas
Defending Champs vs Indiana
00 vs Florida

- I would say that 2002 lose to Indiana definitely hits the spot
- 2011 was very shocking but 2nd Tier lose

But the rest were very good teams that just weren't good enough and usually used the lose to propel themselves to better seasons the following year

I'm still pissed they didn't call that foul on the Boozer put back. So to me that is still the most hurtful, screwed over in corrupt arena ,imagine that!

Once again, the committee creates a cakewalk for KY. There will be an asterisk in the record books next to each of their “wins”. ;)

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT