ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky's path to the Final Four

I asked a guy earlier about this exact article when he mentioned Nike and the Bagley family. Here's what I said:

"I'll bite on this. I read the same Oregon article you read about the Bagley family's Nike sponsorship. What do you feel Duke did wrong in that scenario?

The entire article may have been an indictment of the grassroots basketball culture and how shoe companies put money into it, but there is not a single thing that implied Duke did anything in violation of NCAA rules.

This isn't me being a blind homer either. In fact, I despise when fans are blinded by homerism or haterism.

So I ask, regarding Bagley, What did I miss?"

He didn't come back to respond. Maybe you will.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=5443230

https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/366239002

See how easy that is?

One more for good measure

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/05/20/...-program-and-2-players-heavily-penalized.html

I live in Oregon and The Oregonian is a trash media outlet desperate for hits. It’s the only reason they leave comments open on every article. Without republicans and democrats or Ducks and Beavers using their comment section to troll each other no one would ever visit their website.

They once ran a mugshot picture of a guy holding a piece of paper with his booking ID, name and date of arrest. Under the picture it said “it is unknown when this picture was taken....”. The guy was literally holding a sign with the date.

Reactions: sgrooms
You people are incorrigible. Duke gets the easiest path every year in the tournament. Even with a couple of unexpected losses in our region, when they tried to stick it to us again,your region is still easier and you whiners continue to whine about our path.....what a joke. You have a play in team in the third round for god’s sake, and whining about us playing a 9 seed when you play an 11. Get a grip.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukiejay
You people are incorrigible. Duke gets the easiest path every year in the tournament. Even with a couple of unexpected losses in our bracket, when they tried to stick it to us again,your bracket is still easier and you whiners continue to whine about our path.....what a joke. You have a play in team in the third round for god’s sake, and whining about us playing a 9 seed when you play an 11. Get a grip.
Man! You guys have a cakewalk! It’s really not fair.

You people are incorrigible. Duke gets the easiest path every year in the tournament. Even with a couple of unexpected losses in our region, when they tried to stick it to us again,your region is still easier and you whiners continue to whine about our path.....what a joke. You have a play in team in the third round for god’s sake, and whining about us playing a 9 seed when you play an 11. Get a grip.
Our Region’s 1 seed is still in the tournament which we could possibly play in the Elite 8. All of the top 4 seeds in Kentucky’s Region are all out of the tournament already, so your argument that our region is easier is beyond laughable.

Reactions: BettisND

Hahaaaaa, just look back to 2015. Who had the most difficult path? U.K.? Nope. Duke did.

Until our fanbase ruins a refs business website and calls his house making death threats......your fan base can't call another fanbase ANYTHING

I truly hope you are kidding. Otherwise, you are a complete and utter dumb ass.
* Kensucky could make the Final Four without playing anyone higher than a 7 seed.
* Duke played a 7 seed in the second round and would have to face a 1 or 5 seed to make the Final Four.

Go away, please.

You people are incorrigible. Duke gets the easiest path every year in the tournament. Even with a couple of unexpected losses in our bracket, when they tried to stick it to us again,your bracket is still easier and you whiners continue to whine about our path.....what a joke. You have a play
Until our fanbase ruins a refs business website and calls his house making death threats......your fan base can't call another fanbase ANYTHING

Amen!!!!!

What's really going to suck for them is when that easy path just leads them to an ass whipping when we get there.....if they even make it that far. I still don't think they make it past Michigan, gonzaga, or A&M, whichever of those they end up playing

What's really going to suck for them is when that easy path just leads them to an ass whipping when we get there.....if they even make it that far. I still don't think they make it past Michigan, gonzaga, or A&M, whichever of those they end up playing
Given their luck so far, they’ll probably end up playing FSU.

The NCAA committee knew that UVA was going to lose to UMBC and they knew Buffalo was going to beat Arizona. The committee somehow also knew that Cincinnati would choke away a big lead against Nevada, which is why Kentucky was put into the south region.

And if the NCAA had known all this was going to happen they would have put unc on that side of the bracket. Wait a minute unc was on that side of the bracket. unc blew it. OFC

And if the NCAA had known all this was going to happen they would have put unc on that side of the bracket. Wait a minute unc was on that side of the bracket. unc blew it. OFC
No, the NCAA knew UNC didn’t matchup with A&M and would lose. This was UNC’s punishment for 20+ years of cheating. Also, as part of the punishment, Vermont State Technical Institute will receive the death penalty and have tomatoes thrown at their ex-players for not notifying the NCAA sooner about the press articles covering UNC’s cheating.

1st. and foremost we need to beat Syracuse but I want to see Purdue, Kansas and 'Nova go down next game and also UK so we can have our usual cake walk and play L.of Chicago in the finals. I love cake walks and can you imagine what thr 's gonna be talking about if that happens. OFC

Last edited:

Good night little buckaroo.

You drank the

2_F1_BF405_D8_EB_4884_ACE5_41436_F230724.jpg

It's so weird being on a Duke board agreeing with all the comments about kensucky basketball. My hate for Duke is about an 11(just being honest) and UK is about a 10. Those whiners complain every year about how it's the refs fault and how they get screwed with their brackets and this year have the easily the easiest path to the final four of any team in the last 15 years and benefit from 30 to 21 foul ratio and still lose. Seeing them lose and then watching the melt down on rupprafters made this a great night.

It's so weird being on a Duke board agreeing with all the comments about kensucky basketball. My hate for Duke is about an 11(just being honest) and UK is about a 10. Those whiners complain every year about how it's the refs fault and how they get screwed with their brackets and this year have the easily the easiest path to the final four of any team in the last 15 years and benefit from 30 to 21 foul ratio and still lose. Seeing them lose and then watching the melt down on rupprafters made this a great night.
I have always said ill agree with a UNC fan on one thing and that’s how much I dislike UK. Lol. Tonight both fanbase are celebrating!

Reactions: christophero
UK fans should have focused more on trolling KSU, but they were already trolling Duke in their minds.

Kentucky and their fans can taste a chance to get back to the big game... all they gotta do is beat Kansas Sta....

I will use this video all the time now

At least they can still do their "SEC" chant...

I will use this video all the time now.

A hole fan saying another fan base whines about the refs and another team having an easy path?? That is just classic. You aren’t serious are you?

Reactions: GillJET and dbav
The fact that UK was given the red carpet to San Antonio, and they blew it, makes the loss 100 times better than their usual tournament bow-out.

Reactions: dbav
This probably won't be a popular post. I went over to Rupp Rafters for the first time ever, just to see what the fan reaction would be. And instead of feeling good, I just read a lot of painful comments. To be honest it was like reading this board last year after the South Carolina loss. A lot of pain, a lot of complaining about the one and done model, and numbness. Too close to home I guess.

Reactions: Mpm277
Looks good on em in my opinion,bring them down off their high horse..i might not feel this way if I had any respect for them,but when you hope other players injuries or coaches illnesses are career or life threatening,fck em,let them cry in their milk.

Looks good on em in my opinion,bring them down off their high horse..i might not feel this way if I had any respect for them,but when you hope other players injuries or coaches illnesses are career or life threatening,fck em,let them cry in their milk.
Yep! I say the same thing! EFF em and their arrogant and whiny fans and that whiny baby of a Coach!

This probably won't be a popular post. I went over to Rupp Rafters for the first time ever, just to see what the fan reaction would be. And instead of feeling good, I just read a lot of painful comments. To be honest it was like reading this board last year after the South Carolina loss. A lot of pain, a lot of complaining about the one and done model, and numbness. Too close to home I guess.

How dare you humanize people on the internet.

Can KY fans now drop the whining about Duke regions because as they found out last night, it doesn't matter who the hell is in your region as you can lose to anybody. Ask Virginia, Ask Cinci, Ask Kentucky and ask Arizona.

Reactions: Mpm277
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT