ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky's path to the Final Four

Sure does......a loss in the NCAA tournament......not the first round of the N.I.T
We could do this all night......Christian Laettner ring a bell???
In all fairness the 2013 team was without our best rim protector and player. With Noel we go to the NCAA Tournament. Probably don't go very far, but who knows.

In all fairness the 2013 team was without our best rim protector and player. With Noel we go to the NCAA Tournament. Probably don't go very far, but who knows.

So If that's the case we were without a healthy Harry Giles last year, so we would have probably cut down the nets with him, but who knows.

And the Duke team had Giles, Tatum, Bolden, and Grayson out for significant periods of the season. Also, the 2011 Duke team that had Kyrie only play for like 3-4 games in the last few months of the season for, could have very likely won the whole tournament with a healthy Kyrie who’s had a chance to play with his teammates for than a few games.

We all have seasons like that. However, I hope UK makes it to the Finals so Duke can beat the brakes off yalls bitch ass. We’ve got a better front and backcourt than UK. The only position that you may be better than Duke is at PG (maybe).

2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015 were certainly no cakewalks to the FF. If you want to talk about asterisks might want to worry about the Bagley's Nike sponsorships.

I'll bite on this. I read the same Oregon article you read about the Bagley family's Nike sponsorship. What do you feel Duke did wrong in that scenario?

The entire article may have been an indictment of the grassroots basketball culture and how shoe companies put money into it, but there is not a single thing that implied Duke did anything in violation of NCAA rules.

This isn't me being a blind homer either. In fact, I despise when fans are blinded by homerism or haterism.

So I ask, regarding Bagley, What did I miss?

And the Duke team had Giles, Tatum, Bolden, and Grayson out for significant periods of the season. Also, the 2011 Duke team that had Kyrie only play for like 3-4 games in the last few months of the season for, could have very likely won the whole tournament with a healthy Kyrie who’s had a chance to play with his teammates for than a few games.

We all have seasons like that. However, I hope UK makes it to the Finals so Duke can beat the brakes off yalls bitch ass. We’ve got a better front and backcourt than UK. The only position that you may be better than Duke is at PG (maybe).

That would make coach K 6-2 against ky, and November would make it 7-2

That would make coach K 6-2 against ky, and November would make it 7-2

Would love to see Duke vs UK in the Finals after having to go through Kansas and Nova to get there. Would be similar to the ‘92 season where our finals were against UNLV and there was no concern about who we were playing in Finals because Duke and UNLV were that much better than everyone else.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I love how they are so cocky rt now since their competition has been sent home.
The committee set up that region for KY. They knew Arizona, Virginia and Tennessee had bad matchups and would lose. Once again the NCAA has bailed out KY in the tournament. ;)

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
If KY doesn’t make the final four it will be the biggest bust in NCAA history.

Reactions: BettisND
Imagine how much worse the whining from other fanbases would’ve been in 2010 if our bracket had turned out like this year’s South Region has turned out.

If KY doesn’t make the final four it will be the biggest bust in NCAA history.

When I was talking about haterism earlier, your hate for Kentucky must be off the charts. At the end of the day they're a 10-loss 5 seed from the SEC.

I'm sure most analysts and college basketball experts would call top-seeds like UConn and Kansas falling to 11-seed mid majors in the Elite Eight to bigger "busts," than anything loss that Kentucky might endure the rest of the way.

Oh good, Kentucky fans are here.
w27DOTM.gif

Imagine how much worse the whining from other fanbases would’ve been in 2010 if our bracket had turned out like this year’s South Region has turned out.

I never understood the bitching about our path to the Final Four in 2010. We beat Cal (who actually belonged in the tournament), Big 10 champion Purdue and a very talented Baylor team in Texas.

Kentucky, on the other hand, beat a Wake Forest team that most people were asking how the hell they made the field and an Ivy League team before playing West Virginia from the Big East, a conference the online portion of their fanbase spent that whole season and the one before it dismissing as an overrated ponzi-scheme of a league.

Never understood the complaints and I guess I never will.

I never understood the bitching about our path to the Final Four in 2010. We beat Cal (who actually belonged in the tournament), Big 10 champion Purdue and a very talented Baylor team in Texas.

Kentucky, on the other hand, beat a Wake Forest team that most people were asking how the hell they made the field and an Ivy League team before playing West Virginia from the Big East, a conference the online portion of their fanbase spent that whole season and the one before it dismissing as an overrated ponzi-scheme of a league.

Never understood the complaints and I guess I never will.

ce56d86e44f653b88497867e6383dfaa.jpg

KY fans explaining why every KY loss was because of the refs and every Duke win was because of the NCAA.

ce56d86e44f653b88497867e6383dfaa.jpg

KY fans explaining why every KY loss was because of the refs and every Duke win was because of the NCAA.

I don't think most of them, deep inside, really believe that. Regardless of how boring some of their lives could be, I have a hard time thinking hundreds of thousands of people could be that emotionally invested in something they believe to be a fixed sport masquerading as a legitimate one.

I don't think most of them, deep inside, really believe that. Regardless of how boring some of their lives could be, I have a hard time thinking hundreds of thousands of people could be that emotionally invested in something they believe to be a fixed sport masquerading as a legitimate one.

I used to think that way as well but time and experience have changed my opinion. They believe everything they say. They believe in the conspiracy theories. ESPN, the NCAA, the refs, everyone favors UNC and Duke, everyone is against Kentucky.

Feeding trolls is bad for your health!

I used to think that way as well but time and experience have changed my opinion. They believe everything they say. They believe in the conspiracy theories. ESPN, the NCAA, the refs, everyone favors UNC and Duke, everyone is against Kentucky.

That line of thought is so illogical it almost makes me think it's a defense mechanism as opposed to an actual belief. For the record, this goes for all fans not just Kentucky fans.

I had an argument with a guy following the 2015 Final Four who insisted the Wisconsin-UK game was fixed. He was hellbent on the idea that none of the powers that be wanted Kentucky to win the title. I told him he may be right, but anybody who had a vested interest in the Final Four, from CBS execs to street vendors outside Lucas Oil Stadium, damn sure wanted Kentucky playing for the title.

Duke-UK stood to be the biggest title game in history. UK fans had flooded Indianapolis. When half that matchup didn't materialize, TV ratings took a hit and the local economy didn't hit to its fullest potential that weekend.

How anyone could look at that objectively and think networks and the NCAA wanted any title game besides that is simply mind-blowing.

I think I have to personally agree

Which Sweet 16 loses really stick out in your mind?
Allen/Ingram/Kennard vs Oregon
Redick vs Michigan St/LSU
Defending Champs + Irving vs Arizona
09 vs Villanova
03 vs Kansas
Defending Champs vs Indiana
00 vs Florida

- I would say that 2002 lose to Indiana definitely hits the spot
- 2011 was very shocking but 2nd Tier lose

But the rest were very good teams that just weren't good enough and usually used the lose to propel themselves to better seasons the following year
For me, it was tough to lose to Arizona when we had Irving. I believe we had basically the same championship team from the year before PLUS an NBA player as a freshman. I thought we were for sure getting to the final four but that one player from Arizona with the messed up nose became superhuman vs Duke. I can't remember his name, I think he even got drafted but that was the first and last I ever heard of him. What kinda BS is that?

I don’t really care about their path. Their conference is just weak so how ready for adversity can they be. If they can squeak by all the mid level mid-majors to get to the FF, they likely lose to Xavier or Gonzaga.

If not then they are in for a rude awakening behind door #2.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I don’t really care about their path. Their conference is just weak so how ready for adversity can they be. If they can squeak by all the mid level mid-majors to get to the FF, they likely lose to Xavier or Gonzaga.

If not then they are in for a rude awakening behind door #2.

Door #2, they want nothing to do with

That line of thought is so illogical it almost makes me think it's a defense mechanism as opposed to an actual belief. For the record, this goes for all fans not just Kentucky fans.

I had an argument with a guy following the 2015 Final Four who insisted the Wisconsin-UK game was fixed. He was hellbent on the idea that none of the powers that be wanted Kentucky to win the title. I told him he may be right, but anybody who had a vested interest in the Final Four, from CBS execs to street vendors outside Lucas Oil Stadium, damn sure wanted Kentucky playing for the title.

Duke-UK stood to be the biggest title game in history. UK fans had flooded Indianapolis. When half that matchup didn't materialize, TV ratings took a hit and the local economy didn't hit to its fullest potential that weekend.

How anyone could look at that objectively and think networks and the NCAA wanted any title game besides that is simply mind-blowing.

Worked out great for me and my buddy. Two national championship tickets for 50 bucks a piece. Buying them for 350 dollars cheaper than they were bought for from a Kentucky fan, priceless :)

Worked out great for me and my buddy. Two national championship tickets for 50 bucks a piece. Buying them for 350 dollars cheaper than they were bought for from a Kentucky fan, priceless :)
Did the same thing. I paid 150 bucks for a lower level that my friend paid 500 for. I will never forget the “UK 50% Off” signs in all of clothing tents. Please let it be UK & Duke...

Did the same thing. I paid 150 bucks for a lower level that my friend paid 500 for. I will never forget the “UK 50% Off” signs in all of clothing tents. Please let it be UK & Duke...

Did they transfer their 2015 national title tattoo to you for a discount too?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT